Thanks for the inspiration OCR

The Author

And in particular Level99 and LuIzA for this particular mix: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02008/

You see I've been working on a presentation and I have been having terrible writer's block, and it's been a struggle to write it, that is until that mix came up on iTunes. It might just be a coincidence, but still I managed to finally put on paper the ideas that were seemingly trapped in my head, and now it's going rather well, so thank you for this song that shattered my writer's block through its amazing guitar. (The song's been on a loop for a while now actually.)

So yeah, use this thread to post how a specific remix might have inspired you in some fashion and give props to the remixers.

I can't even count the number of remixes that have inspired short stories or gotten me through writer's blocks. The Wingless is great for that sort of thing, but the one I most often use when writing is actually http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01179/ I don't know what it is about this mix that just perfectly sets the mood for ponderously typing until the story runs out of steam or I do.

I approve of the subject of this thread and am honored to be involved in the song in the OP. Music touches us in so many ways, and it's very awesome that a song like that has helped you to find your thoughts for your presentation!

Oh, and here's mine: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01247/

It not only inspired me to focus on incorporating and centering my music around guitars, but it also inspired my friend to go on random tirades of hilarity that left my side hurting from laughter. In fact, I used this track during a photo presentation for him the day before he shipped of for Army training. It really hammered home all the memories we had forged together through college.

I started remixing before I found out about ocr so the site didn't get me started. However it has inspired my growth as an artist, and i've found myself strongly influenced by people such as Sixto Sounds, Zircon, McVaffe and bLiNd, who have really helped form my style of remixing. I've particularly found Subterranean Kamikaze (Sixto Sounds, Zircon) Monstrous Turtles (Zircon) and Space Ace (bLiNd) to really have helped inspire my own music on multiple occasions.

I think it should also be noted that the first remix I downloaded off the site was Zircon's Clash at the Mountains, which inspired me to re-tackle Tal Tal Heights and the result became my first ocremix :)

Even on my most depressing days, I know OCR mixes will force me to return to optimism and instill me with inspiration. OCR is very therapeutic for me and, paired with exercise, has changed my life this past year for the better. More recently, I've convinced myself that I should try mixing too. The community here has sped up the learning process considerably and offers great support and encouragement in the meantime.

If I had to name off the very top of my list when it comes to who inspires me.. I'd have to say bLinD, DigiE, and zircon. I'm aiming to match them one day or grow old trying :P