OCR01252 - Super Mario 64 "The Alternate Route"

djpretzel

The Remix Was Wonderful I Feel As Though It Very Well Done. The Only Thing That I Didn't Like Is That I Was Constantly Waiting For You Go Into The Second Half Of The Real Song, I Wanted Hear How You Would Have Done It In The Remix. Also The Secod Half Of The Real Song Is Sort Of My Favorite Part.

But All In All I Really Loved It And Listened To It Over And Over Again So Far.

I Really Like How You Kept Bringing Back The Main Theme Of The Song Using Different Sounds. Then All of A Sudden It Would Fade Out Then Come Back And Snap Even Harder (That Was Cool)

And The Beat:

It Was Cool The Beat Just Getting Better And Better.

Very Good ParagonX9

And Have A Nice Day!!!!!!!

Jesus christ, capital letters much?

For my $.02, I thought the piece was well made, seemed very precise and logical, however I have to agree on the repetition. It could have used a bit more variety in the drum tracks, but with this piece in specific, I'm not surprised in the route you took.

It's a difficult piece to work with, without either veering from the real melody, or without being repetitive. I'm glad you chose to do what you did. Keep up the good work.

Okay, so I didn't get first post.. oh well..

The beginning of the track has some nice ambience, then suddenly I was caught by surprise with a slamming breakbeat that grabbed my attention. I'm not too impressed with the mix, but I can agree with the judges that it was still a well done mix. Everyone's taste differs, but this just didn't hit the spot for me. :(

The Remix Was Wonderful I Feel As Though It Very Well Done. The Only Thing That I Didn't Like Is That I Was Constantly Waiting For You Go Into The Second Half Of The Real Song, I Wanted Hear How You Would Have Done It In The Remix. Also The Secod Half Of The Real Song Is Sort Of My Favorite Part.

This would have to be my criticism as well-that was the best part of the song and to have it cut out just sounds flat.

I honestly thought this song had some very very wierd samples. The synths give this more of an electronic feel. I'm used to drum and bass with some acoustic instruments, but this didn't bother me at all. I really liked the pad that opens up the mix. Nice indeed. The percussion samples weren't too bad at all, but the snare just doesn't fit into the drum and bass category unlike Ubik's Tribal Warfare. This doesn't turn me off however as the sounds are very very unique.

Good job and congratulations on producing a very strong remix as a first contribution to OCR after VGMix.

A definate keeper.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01252 - Super Mario 64 "The Alternate Route"