OCR01253 - Final Fantasy VII "Fight On"

djpretzel

the movement that starts at about 1:38 sounds very Andy Summers/Police-esque... interesting stuff... I was gonna remix this song, and probabally end up with something in this vein... guess ill have to find something else.... neat little diddy... maybe this one shoulda been called "Fight 'Em All!" in reference to its early Metallica sound...

muy bueno!

HELLOL!!! HAHAHA OMG KTHX RETENTIONS OF CONFLICT WTFLOL! NEXT!!

Btw good stuff to be had in this mix. smooth and sexy. Shame I hate Squaresoft so much these days.

Great jorb.

What i like most, is that the guitar work is great, the drum isnt cheap and overpowering like it is in a lot of mixes of this type, and the bass is crsip and tight and uses a lot of detailed sequencing. oh man...

This is just one of those remixes that I have to put on a mix CD for the car. It's just fantastic. I love the way you've arranged it - it's not just the original song anymore and that's what most people have done with this song when I've heard it. The drums absolutely own, and the guitar sound is quite well done. How did you record the guitar parts to sound so great?

9/10 - you brightened my day.

It's pretty decent... it was pretty hard to get into the groove in the beginning. But that is probably because I played countless hours on FF and the actual battle song is rather slower then this and more technoy, (duh this is metal). Pretty good though once you get into it 8.5/10

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

\m/

Totally true to the original but 80 billion times more hardcore and still awesome. The basstastic interlude at 1:38 is also hot as hell, and it definitely makes me think of Midgar and all the robot related bosses.

All the other bosses are so not hardcore enough.

• 1 month later...
Totally true to the original but 80 billion times more hardcore and still awesome. The basstastic interlude at 1:38 is also hot as hell, and it definitely makes me think of Midgar and all the robot related bosses.

Maybe so, but I could (and will! :lol:) claim the same for The Black Mages remake over this remix as well as the original. All you unbelievers need to hear the TBM version! Yes I know Nobuo made the original, and unlike historically shown many times, the original creator can not always be outdone. I still have yet to hear a better version after hearing this one, look for it as "Those Who Fight Further". :P

I'm not quite so sure about the "hardcore enough" part, the robots were cool but they weren't the only cool bosses that this song mixes well with.

• 2 months later...

Maybe so, but I could (and will! :lol:) claim the same for The Black Mages remake over this remix as well as the original. All you unbelievers need to hear the TBM version! Yes I know Nobuo made the original, and unlike historically shown many times, the original creator can not always be outdone. I still have yet to hear a better version after hearing this one, look for it as "Those Who Fight Further". :P

Actually, Nobuo is part of TMB project, and performed on all the tracks. So technically he hasn't been outdone..

But onto the remix, I thought it was awesome. But I have a couple of tiny complaints. The way it was remixed. Damn awesome. But your mix is far to muddy. The guitars don't really have any edge and are often hard to fully hear at points.

Music content = Awesome, but the mix could be improved!

Great work all the same =) Keep remixing!

Actually, Nobuo is part of TMB project, and performed on all the tracks. So technically he hasn't been outdone..

What is the TMB project? Even Google doesn't know, http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22tmb+project%22+nobuo&btnG=Search. Officially the band's name is The Black Mages (TMB). I said he hasn't been outdone because this is a remix (technically that's the purpose of the band in the first place, to remix his own game music) of the original (even though he himself did the original). If you call the TBM version the same as the the original FF7 battle music then either you've heard only 1 of them or none. By the way, have you even heard the Those Who Fight Further mix?

I agree with the muddy part and that's part of the reason I say the TBM version was better in terms of the instrument balancing I liked the instrument selection TBM used from the 1:00-1:40 whereas the repetition of the guitars in this version and part of the build that occurs from 0:30-1:01 was completely missing and not just re-worked which deterred from the the aforementioned section that it builds up to in the song.

The opening was definitely a good part of this version I just felt it "fell apart at" 0:30 but the various parts where unique guitar sequences were done could be expanded a little further. The original guitar content after 1:30 was actually quite well done to playing on the original sound theme, but could have been complemented with filler background instruments (like instrument fading to either nothing or quietly backing the guitars) and having this transition spread over a little more time since the overall leap from 1:25-1:35 was just a little too rapid. To summarize, the major shortcomings of this song I would say were the lack of volume balance of instruments (i.e. drums seemed louder then the guitars) and a lack instrument variety that included the song having spots that seemed more like "dead space" in what is normally a very fast-paced tune. With some more polishing this tune could have a solid twist to the original!

• 1 month later...

FF7 has the best bossmusic, no question about it. Hydro kept the awesome rhytm and guitar-thrashing feel to it, but exchanged some of the parts to do some freestyle guitarplay, that for me is no prob at all. This remix gets the adrenaline pumping, a great solid effort from Carbo, and we all should thank him by banging our heads in unison. Thanks dude.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01253 - Final Fantasy VII "Fight On"