DMC-Reboot

Rukunetsu

*sighs angrily*

DMC Reboot Trailer

Now. Pardon me for sounding ignorant or anything, but I just gotta say something about this. What the hell? (no pun intended.) As an avid DMC fan, I can't help but wonder what direction they're trying to go with this installment of the series. Yes, Ninja Theory (studio known for Heavenly Sword) along with Capcom are heading this project up but man... I'm not feeling too good about this one.

However, it's still very early in development and i'm only stating my feelings on this thus far (which aren't very good.) How do you all feel about the DMC revamp though?

This is...a pretty terrible idea.

Really it seems like something that would be AWESOME if it weren't a DMC, but...Dante was a pretty solid character by himself. This new Dante.....screams of a generation of vampire loving children that makes me sad that I'm getting so old video game studios don't even target me anymore...

This is...a pretty terrible idea.

Really it seems like something that would be AWESOME if it weren't a DMC, but...Dante was a pretty solid character by himself. This new Dante.....screams of a generation of vampire loving children that makes me sad that I'm getting so old video game studios don't even target me anymore...

That, and he kinda looks like a methhead.

At the risk of being unpopular, that looks pretty badass. I've played all four DMC games, but not one of the characters in the series has ever looked half that interesting.

And DMC 4 felt kind of stale anyway, so I'm interested in seeing a new take on the game.

Hey, to each their own. While I personally don't care for the look but I'm sure there many just like yourself who find the new design to be fresh take on the game - I'll agree with you that DMC4 was in fact a little stale (*cough*Blame the love story*cough* - not to mention the game just was lacking something...), but hey, let's see where it goes from here I suppose.

Who knows, they may end up doing a re-revamp before the game is released. (remember how Dante looked in the REALLY early screenshots of DMC 4?)

anyone who thinks any of the story or characters of the previous games weren't stupid trendy bullshit needs to take their head out of their ass

I love dmc1 and dmc3 and kind of liked dmc4 but they were just trying to appeal to teenagers who liked big leather trenchcoats and white hair and girly looking guys

this new one is just trying to appeal to a different generation of teenagers who like bulky coats and tight pants and really stupid haircuts and to be quite frank I don't really care who they are trying to appeal to as long as I can still suspend monsters in the air with a stream of endless bullets

Why would they reboot a series that is in no need of one?

That's pretty much my reaction. Why reboot something that has been pretty successful? Yes, DMC2 was awful, but it's all but been thrown out of the series canon anyway, and DMC4 wasn't so bad it requires the whole series to be revamped. DMC1 & 3 were damn awesome.

It's not like any of the other big-names series that have had a dozen or so games and need a revamp to become fresh and interesting again, ala. Castlevania or Resident Evil. (more the former than the latter)

i'm confused by the thread title. I have yet to see a single announcement that states DMC5 is a reboot. I believe the proper term for a game appearing earlier chronologically in an established continuity is "prequel".

I kinda like this article personally, though even its writer refers to it as "rebooting", and honestly until I see an official announcement from Capcom that this game is somehow completely re-establishing canon, its not a reboot as far as I'm concerned. DMC's continuity has always zigzagged, so seriously what's the big deal?

Also, the trailer is totally badass, and Dante, despite believable stylistic changes, is totally badass, so seriously what's the deal with everybody heaving dramatic sighs and declaring RUINED FOREVAR from 2 minutes of teaser trailer?

there has been nothing to indicate it is not anything but a reboot

there are no returning characters

the main character looks entirely different

there is no numerical title (devil may cry 3 was a prequel and SURPRISE still had a number attached to it)

the presentation has shifted dramatically

it is not being developed by any of the same team

everyone who has seen the trailer has assumed it is a reboot and nobody has corrected them because it is a reboot

don't

be

an idiot

okay fine i'll discuss

there has been nothing to indicate it is not anything but a reboot

assumption.

there are no returning characters
2 minutes of trailer.

jesus people.

also if I am right and it takes place before DMC3, THERE WOULDNT BE A SINGLE RECURRING CHARACTER BUT VERGIL AS NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED AT THIS POINT.

the main character looks entirely different
not really, no. That he has no white pretty-boy hair does not = OMFG HE'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT!
there is no numerical title (devil may cry 3 was a prequel and SURPRISE still had a number attached to it)
the project was announced by a trailer and has no proper name at all yet.

assumption.

JESUS PEOPLE.

the presentation has shifted dramatically
the trailer is a dark opening followed by a cutscene of the main character pwning things.

what shifted exactly?

it is not being developed by any of the same team
projects switching creative teams mid-continuity is no stranger to any medium and has never ever required or even implied a reboot by mere nature of the team changing.
everyone who has seen the trailer has assumed it is a reboot and nobody has corrected them because it is a reboot
WHEEEE ASSUMPTION AND NUMBERS ARE DIRECTLY RELATED TO BEING RIGHT

this sounds so ridiculous coming from you y'know?

don't

be

an idiot

Until Ninja Theory or Capcom release information saying that they are rebooting Devil May Cry continuity with this game, it is, by nature of Word of God itself, NOT A REBOOT. The ONLY deduction one can justifiably make from the trailer (THE ONLY THING RELEASED) is that this game takes place chronologically earlier than the other games.

What the hell's with the rebooting? The damn franchise isn't even a decade old yet.

Has Capcom officially run out of ideas now or what?

They just reported in their financial earnings they've just had their lowest year since 2004, how well they did then I have no idea, so maybe they're just desperate?

They just reported in their financial earnings they've just had their lowest year since 2004, how well they did then I have no idea, so maybe they're just desperate?

If that's the case, then screw DMC. Let's get back to some roots and make a new entry to a forgotten franchise that did well for them before they abandoned it... Darkstalkers IV :-D

okay fine i'll discuss

assumption.

2 minutes of trailer.

jesus people.

also if I am right and it takes place before DMC3, THERE WOULDNT BE A SINGLE RECURRING CHARACTER BUT VERGIL AS NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED AT THIS POINT.

not really, no. That he has no white pretty-boy hair does not = OMFG HE'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

the project was announced by a trailer and has no proper name at all yet.

assumption.

JESUS PEOPLE.

the trailer is a dark opening followed by a cutscene of the main character pwning things.

what shifted exactly?

projects switching creative teams mid-continuity is no stranger to any medium and has never ever required or even implied a reboot by mere nature of the team changing.

WHEEEE ASSUMPTION AND NUMBERS ARE DIRECTLY RELATED TO BEING RIGHT

this sounds so ridiculous coming from you y'know?

don't

be

an idiot

Until Ninja Theory or Capcom release information saying that they are rebooting Devil May Cry continuity with this game, it is, by nature of Word of God itself, NOT A REBOOT. The ONLY deduction one can justifiably make from the trailer (THE ONLY THING RELEASED) is that this game takes place chronologically earlier than the other games.

Second opinion: You're an idiot, it's a reboot. You don't turn a badass manly main character into a scrawny Edward Cullen-looking fag without rebooting the series.

I am not liking this as well...I mean, I was eagerly hoping for DMC5. After they told us that Nero was Sparda's re-incarnation in DMC4, I was hoping for something cool to happen. Like Nero rescuing Dante from hell (remember that in DMC2 Dante gets trapped there, and we don't know if he escaped or not). All I have to say is, bummer...this sucks.