OCR01254 - Street Fighter II "Club del Toro"

djpretzel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the things I like about this song is the looped melody stays at a level consistent with everything else and yet never truly changes - the effects within the song cause it to shift slightly, but always reutnring to the same point.

It's easier to notice at the beginning of the song.

In any event, oddly enough this has gotta be one of my favorites from Rayza, despite the overbearing enjoyment from other tracks such as Gallantry or Whirlwind, to name some other trance/dance/techno-ey remixes by him.

That, and it's funny as hell to see people's reactions when I'm moving my body to the beats in a quiet, almost nonchalant way as I walk through the halls at school listening to this.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty cool stuff, some great backing synths throughout, and though i'm not completely sold on the lead, the atmosphere of the track overall works very well. The announcer from the game was a bit much, but charming enough to give the flavor of the game to the arrangement.

At a little over 5 minutes though, it seemed to drag on a little long, and there's a good deal of repetition. There are a lot of good ideas brought in that help improve it, like some gated and panned transitions that are very cool.

Decent, but not amazing.

• 1 year later...

Love the voice samples in this ReMix. F-f-f-fight! It's really blends in with the whole dance/trance beat. I couldn't imagine Vega's theme as a dance track before, but now it's not nearly as far-fetched. I kinda like the "Mortal Kombat"-like name run that listed the countries. It would have been cool if somehow the same could have be done for the fighter's names later on for the track, but overall it's an awesome ReMix with a ton of great energy going for it. Sweet stuff.

• 6 months later...

Usually when I listen to this, I'm so totally swayed by the gradually intensifying lead synths at the start that, from 0:28 to 1:21, I get out of my chair (if I'm sitting down), assume Vega's fighting stance, threaten an imaginary opponent with a "claw" on my left hand, mimic backflips, "cling" to a wall to scale, and "leap" from it with a girlish cry, all to the beat. If I do it once, I often repeat it at 3:28 - 3:53. The fresh melody after that sure turns up the groove factor the way djp described (rowdy crowd and disco ball and all), although my body can't always keep up with the energy display if I dance (twice) before that. Basically, Club del Toro knows how to give me a silly-awesome workout with its enticing hook and sustaining vibe, so props.

Btw, I'm guessing Thailand was left out of the country shout-outs because that would imply that Vega's been defeated (and the player's moved on to Sagat and M. Bison). I can't imagine that handsome fighter losing a battle when he's got THIS to dance/fight to.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01254 - Street Fighter II "Club del Toro"