Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2010

DarkeSword

Thank God I caught this before the slots filled up! Last match I read up and was thinking 'HOLY SHIT AWESOME! I need to be a part of that!'... then found out it was closed already. I must do this compo, here.

My choice pick, here...

1.) Crystal Snail (MMX2)

2.) Boomer Kuwanger (MMX1)

3.) Blaze Heatnix (MMX6)

Those are my three choices, here - best of luck for everyone here. Please note: if the competition starts any time this week, please put me in the bracket that starts the week after. I virtually cannot do anything remix-wise this week.

So I'm just being off-topic for a moment, but the GRMRB was amazing, props to all the remixers. I followed it in its entirety (albeit as a lurker of sorts), and I've been looking forward to this one.

Anyway... I didn't think I should be joining this at first with me being a completely new member and all, but I saw someone else (hello, Enigami) who seemed kind of new too, so I'll give it a shot. Feel free to cut me out if you're going for 16 slots like last time, but if there's more than enough slots I'd like to enter. My three choices are...

1) Gravity Beetle

2) Blizzard Buffalo

3) Chill Penguin

EDIT: Changed.

So I'm just being off-topic for a moment, but the GRMRB was amazing, props to all the remixers. I followed it in its entirety (albeit as a lurker of sorts), and I've been looking forward to this one.

Anyway... I didn't think I should be joining this at first with me being a completely new member and all, but I saw someone else (hello, Enigami) who seemed kind of new too, so I'll give it a shot. Feel free to cut me out if you're going for 16 slots like last time, but if there's more than enough slots I'd like to enter. My three choices are...

1) Blizzard Buffalo

2) Chill Penguin

3) Gravity Beetle (yeah, combo breaker. whatever)

Like I said before, it's better you come in as a newbie so you get much better at music MUCH FASTER.

Everybody, stop saying "it's ok to cut me (insert random newbness-related reason here)". Wanna do this? Yes? Good. Just do it and stop apologizing for being here. :P

Ha, alright. Count me in no matter what, I'll be kicking some half-decent remixer ass.

Disclaimer: I may not kick any half-decent remixer ass.

Ha, alright. Count me in no matter what, I'll be kicking some half-decent remixer ass.

That's the spirit! You need to omit that last part though, hypin yourself up is a good way to put forth more effort into your track thus improving your craft, and who knows, perhaps you will just gotta believe in yourself mane. Just remember this is for fun overall gotta enjoy the friendly competition =). I definitely can't wait for this to start, I'll be juggling some other projects but I'll definitely make sure to get my mixes in for this xD.

Dude, something to let you know is that zircon post this in the GRMRB thread:

I will crush all of you.

and the result...

TORNADO MAN WINS!!! CONGRATULATIONS ZIRCON!!!

Moral: hyping yourself up WORKS (even if its zircon)

Quick question: DS, do you mind if I pimp out this compo elsewhere on the web, for the sake of getting fresh faces on here? I'm thrilled to see new faces on here, and I think it'd be better to get more people participating from around the interwebz.
I'd like for us to have either 16 or 32 participants. A power of 2 would be ideal, because I'd like to avoid having to seed people, so please help spread the word. Hopefully we can find enough people.

I don't know if that meant within OCR or if that meant tellin everyone you can about it. I took it as tell whoever you can although I haven't done so yet xD.

For everybody putting themselves and their abilities down before the competition even starts, just keep in mind that I (a virtual nobody around here) gave Zircon (the reigning champ) a run for his money in the first round of the last tournament. I ended up losing, but I had a lot of fun doing it. I actually loved the idea of the revenge round but it wasn't organized and maintained as well as the main bracket which was a bummer.

Anyway, I guess I'll throw my hat into this even though I don't care for most of the later X games' music. Maybe I'll find some new appreciation for those songs or something:

1) Boomer Kuwanger (X)

2) Flame Mammoth (X)

3) Spark Mandrill (X)

PS. I'm intending on getting past the first round this time, with the ultimate goal being beating Zircon down if he's entered up