Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2010

DarkeSword

Giving someone a "run for their money" doesn't mean winning against them. It means posing an actual challenge.

I thought it meant scaring them, actually.

• Any mavericks from Mega Man X5 will have their Japanese names used, because naming Mavericks after the members of Guns 'N Roses was stupid as hell and Capcom USA should be ashamed.

WELL FINE.

PUT ME DOWN FOR SHINING HOTARUNICUS THEN.

xD

[*]Any mavericks from Mega Man X5 will have their Japanese names used, because naming Mavericks after the members of Guns 'N Roses was stupid as hell and Capcom USA should be ashamed.
That's why I always used essentially slightly more localized versions of their Japanese names (i.e. what they should have been called):

Crescent Grizzly, Tidal Whale, Volt Kraken, Shining Firefly, Spiral Pegasus, Spike Rose, Dark Necrobat, and Burn Dinorex.

I don't think anyone is gonna get pwned by a guy who can't spell "scared".

O, jus wait n c padawan =P.

Where are we at, 13 or something. Around the time of GRMRB, didn't a lot of ppl say how awesome a maverick compewtition wouldn be? Where'd they all go? Or was it just me?

No, definitely wasn't just you. I was one of those people but of course the minute I saw this, I jumped right on it I wanted to sign up for the last one but I chickened out. There were a lot of people talkin about how dope a maverick battle would be, I remember that.

I'm kinda new to this website for real...I mean I never understand anything. Anyways.

Here's my cover of MEGAMAN X3 Tunnel Rhino.

My music partner being absent, me Ceddy Pop decided to go all alone for this one.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6YU0NKNU

Why are you posting this here?

I am counting 14.

Oh, I made a mistake. We had 15. But someone just posted picks, so now we do have 16.

If we're starting at 16 but have 24 mixers interested, first round X bracket losers could join the 8 mixers in the Zero bracket While not quite fair to the Zero bracket mixers (who just should have signed up earlier :P), it evens out the numbers of matches to something that'll work in an elimination tournament.

Otherwise, uneven matchups could be supplemented by close call losers from previous rounds. It gets a bit messy and somewhat unfair no matter how you do it, tho. Late arrivals could also be used, but that doesn't really make it fair to those who signed up on time.

Or you could do away with the elimination for a round, instead do groups or three-way battles or something to end up at a number that is a power of two. A three-way semi-final or final would be interesting.

But I'm just suggesting. Your call, Darke.

Enigami corrected his list in his second post. Aren't you counting him twice?

No, sixto signed up without posting. I have a spreadsheet where I keep track of everything.

I'll wait until the end of the week. Newest sign ups will be out of luck, so make sure you guys spread the word.

Rozo, we could do 24 people with a third bracket and have an elimination round right before the final. Scheduling would be a pain, but it's doable.

So if we don't get 32, 24 could be good also. Spread the word, people.

If we're starting at 16 but have 24 mixers interested, first round X bracket losers could join the 8 mixers in the Zero bracket While not quite fair to the Zero bracket mixers (who just should have signed up earlier :P), it evens out the numbers of matches to something that'll work in an elimination tournament.

Otherwise, uneven matchups could be supplemented by close call losers from previous rounds. It gets a bit messy and somewhat unfair no matter how you do it, tho. Late arrivals could also be used, but that doesn't really make it fair to those who signed up on time.

Or you could do away with the elimination for a round, instead do groups or three-way battles or something to end up at a number that is a power of two. A three-way semi-final or final would be interesting.

But I'm just suggesting. Your call, Darke.

Or a poule system, with 8 poules and two remixers who pass trough the next round. Then, everyone can play against every other remixer in the final.

Rozo, we could do 24 people with a third bracket and have an elimination round right before the final. Scheduling would be a pain, but it's doable.

So if we don't get 32, 24 could be good also. Spread the word, people.

Well until the brackets collide, you could just treat bracket 3 as either X or Zero.

You could run it until there's 6 remixers left, then an ABC battle, DEF battle, then A vs D. Would probably be best to randomize the trio battles, so you don't know which remixer from the X bracket goes against the two finalists of the Zero bracket. Or was that just what you meant?

With 20 mixers interested, you'd end up at 5 mixers after two matches. Tricky. Feels like 18 would be easier, divisible by 3 until the finals. Makes for fewer rounds tho.

Four groups might have been easier to manage.