OCR01269 - *YES* Sonic: Triple Trouble 'A New Ray of Light' *FT* *RESUB*

Protricity

LT Edit - Old decision: http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32752

[00:09:22] Shields up, Weapons online.: hmm i'll just copy/paste the description I just wrote in this window

[00:09:31] Shields up, Weapons online.: Long story short:

sadorf submitted this song some time ago. I liked it but it had some problems so I asked him to let me work with it. when I came back with the first demo, he was impressed with what I had done with it, so we agreed to get it finished and submitted. After a loong time we could come up with something we liked, and well here it is.

This mix should be credited to Sadorf and S|r_NutS. if anyone remembers the old version will notice the huge improvement that we could do with it. Enjoy.

[00:10:24] Shields up, Weapons online.: Thanks in advance.

[00:15:10] Protricity: shut up.

So yea.. I guess this is a submission or something. Iduno, who cares. afk

Long story short:

sadorf submitted this song some time ago. I liked it but it had some problems so I asked him to let me work with it. when I came back with the first demo, he was impressed with what I had done with it, so we agreed to get it finished and submitted. After a loong time we could come up with something we liked, and well here it is.

This mix should be credited to Sadorf and S|r_NutS. if anyone remembers the old version will notice the huge improvement that we could do with it. Enjoy.

EDIT: YES ITS A REAL FALL THROUGH. Hes been waiting months.

i certainly enjoy it so far. nice instruments, if completetly predictable from sir nutz. however i think the instruments have more texture than his previous work. there seems to be a good amount of variation. i like the flute solo.

i think it's a very solid mix. cant think of any reason to reject it. Shit, even the ending is pretty decent.

YES

Pretty cool stuff overall. The only glaring problems I had were from 1:49-1:52 & 2:05-2:09 with that glassy sound you guys used, as it sounds odd compared with the key of the track. Also, 2:53 had a somewhat piercing synth for support that lasted until 3:11. I would have brought the volume on that synth down just a bit.

Very excellent variation throughout the mix, as there were several permutations of the groove throughout each verse to really keep things moving. Played this one a month ago on VGF, and it was all good. Mike & Allen are turning into quite the collab team. Quality stuff from them as usual.

YES

What we've got here is a run of the mill, pretty standard dance track remix. Timbres on average are of a pretty authentic quality. The rhythmically cut-up synth lead is a nice touch. Arrangement zips around a bit, which is good - it doesn't get stale. Some interesting percussion work at about 3:10. Kept the rhythm track mixed up, nice work there.

This isn't really a track that could turn the dance world upside down, but it's definately not a first time fruity loops effort. I disagree with Jesse on the ending, though - I think it could have been much more gradual and with a pretty clear resolution to tonic, rather than just interrupted the cadence with a boom. Nice boom, though.

Solid.

YES

-D

What more is there to say when DanB covered my exact sentiments on this mix?

My main complaint is the lead was really thin sounding and clashed a bit with the hhats. Also, I too agree that the ending was kind of wonk with how the boom just appeared like that. Little issues aside, everything else is definitely above the bar. Nice arrangement, enjoyable.

The duo did a good job. YES.

Sammy Farha still pwns Sadorf in poker though. :wink: