Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Heh, Ayla was one of my favorite characters, but since the movie isn't being made, I really don't care that much.

Don't be all pessimistic on me. It may get made. This is just starting out, you know.

Oh really? Well if it does get made and you don't include Ayla, I'll just have to hunt you down and rip your lungs out. :wink:

Besides, she played a fairly large role. She gave you the dreamstone, helped you fight the reptites, gave lavos his name, and just plain kicked ass.

I was also going to mention how Robo caused them to first arrive at the End of Time, but that's resolved through the script anyway.

In addition, there's a typo in the script. Right after they arrive at 12,000 BC, Marle says "Would’ve been nice to have Marle’s fire magic now..." - should be Lucca mentioned instead of Marle in the dialogue, obviously.

Ah. Well, thank you Durinthal, I didn't notice that one. The reason that's there is because Marle was originally going to stay behind, but I changed it for the sake of the Crono/Marle connection. Anyway, I'll fix that right away.

BTW, it's nice to know people are actually reading the script.

As for the Jared Hudson piece, no I hadn't heard that yet, SirRus. But I very much like its professionalism, and the fact that it's CT. I might just drop Mr. Hudson a line...

Also, SirRus, I heard your new WIP and I can see that your orchestral skills are definitely qualifications enough for this particular project. If you feel like joining in, the deadline is November 5th. I'm sure you'd find it a liberating experience. :P

I'm yet another "love it, support it, but can't do shit about it" kinda guy. Anything I can do, I would be very happy to help yall out with (voice-acting, I can and would be thrilled to do if ya' get around to it). And good luck to all of you! The support is wide!

Man, orchestral composition is killing me. It's definitely something I'm going to have to get the hang of.

After like 12 hours of work, this little 45 second bit is all I got (or all I'm letting anyone hear for now, the rest sucked too bad ^^ ).

http://www.finalfantasy7.info/inciting_incident.mp3

Not sure exactly why I'm posting it now, this isn't a WIP forum .... I guess call it a preview or something?

Speaking of, Claado do we send the final audition pieces to you in PM or post them here?

Wow, dude, that was very nice. Great transitions and feel. Very intense and realistic. Just make a 3:00 piece and then you're in, for sure.

Yeah, you can just post them in here. I want to give feedback as much as possible, because I want as many people as possible involved with this. The more feedback, the better the submissions...the better the submissions, the more accepted.

Oh, and I'm sorry to hear that, LordMaestro. By your username, I thought that you were a sure bet, but I guess I was mistaken. Good luck, and thanks for the vote of confidence.

question...is the script based off the game itself or did you make some changes when writing it?

Both. I took the main storyline of the game, as well as many of the defining moments within the game, and molded a new set of circumstances that fit the action going on. Basically, I used a third (or less) of what was in the game and turned it into a very full script. Of course, Robo and Ayla went bye-bye, but it was a necessary evil.

Read the script outline using the link at the bottom of the first post in this thread. You'll see what I mean.

Well, I just finished the script. I must say, very beautiful. It feels a bit rushed to me, but then again, that could just be in comparison to the game itself. I think if it actually went cinematic, someone could pull this off very, very nicely. There were two typo's I saw (One dealt with Masa and Mune, the other I've forgotten), but other than that, character's were developed, memorable scenes, dialouge fits, it was sexy! Hope this can go somewhere, and again, good luck!

Well, I just finished the script. I must say, very beautiful. It feels a bit rushed to me, but then again, that could just be in comparison to the game itself. I think if it actually went cinematic, someone could pull this off very, very nicely. There were two typo's I saw (One dealt with Masa and Mune, the other I've forgotten), but other than that, character's were developed, memorable scenes, dialouge fits, it was sexy! Hope this can go somewhere, and again, good luck!

I'm guessing you mean the fact that I spelled 'heroes' without a second E, which I just fixed. As for the second typo, could it be the Marle/Lucca mix-up in 12,000 B.C.? If it is, then all is good.

Thank you for the kind words. Sexy? Well, I'll take that as a compliment. I appreciate it.

And what you said before, Raz, that "support is wide"...what did you mean by that? Has this spread to other websites/communities already? If so, which ones?

Nice project you got going on, Claado. It must explain the recent lack of your activity in these forums, but now I must say I'm very surprised.

Are the track times merely suggested? I'm too lazy to add them up, but they will probably fit 2 CDs. Plan on making covers/labels for them?

Fiskin' awesome, Unknown. Holy shit, this is badass. I love the tempo/mood shift near the end, and the brass...so amazing. Truly the work of an orchestral extraordinaire.

So yeah, make this the right length, do whatever it is that you do in order to create such masterpieces, and you're in. Most definitely.

Nice project you got going on, Claado. It must explain the recent lack of your activity in these forums, but now I must say I'm very surprised.

Are the track times merely suggested? I'm too lazy to add them up, but they will probably fit 2 CDs. Plan on making covers/labels for them?

My lack of activity over the past month (I didn't know anybody had noticed) was a result of having been in PA for three weeks, without a high-speed connection. Believe me, if I had been able to post, I would've. Me love OCR.

No, the track times are not suggested. They are mandatory. The reason is because each page of script is equal approximately to one minute of screen time, or one minute of music. So the estimates are based on that aspect, and are not subject to variation. Can somebody go 10 seconds over or under? Sure, that'll work out. But they should be considered the ideal length.

Also, as per the labels/number of CDs, if somebody wanted to divide the OST into two CDs, the best place would be the End of Time/12,000 B.C. marker, making it a 44:30/49:30 split. I was just going to suggest people making MP3 CDs of the music, but if you really want to do something else...

No, I'm not planning on making CD labels or distributing the album when it's done, though since I've already made a kickass banner (see sig) I guess I could do something for that. Upload them to the official CT:MSRP site, should that come about?

BTW, anybody who's willing to help me create a website or who has webspace I could use for free, your help would be more than appreciated. This thing needs some good hosting.

~.C.S.~

I was supposed to post here saying I'm going to be participating, but I thought I'd wait until I had something to show you guys. "Call it a preview." :D

Predetermination

Very cool! Is that sort of percussion allowed, though?

Great Ty style orchestral as always, though, basically. I have some issue with the masterring (the bass is entirely too heavy, imo). You seem to have done a heck of a lot of real arrangement here; makes me think that my own audition piece may need more deviation from the original. Although I have to say, it seems like you've taken it to the extreme; the original is barely recognizable. Still cool though :D I don't think there was ever any doubt as to whether or not you'd be accepted for the project.

Claado, was it really ever your intention to reject anyone? I understand about only one person being able to get the title theme, but does the "audition" count for anything else?