Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Claado, was it really ever your intention to reject anyone? I understand about only one person being able to get the title theme, but does the "audition" count for anything else?

Well, yes. Sort of. It lets me weed out the people that think they have what it takes, claim a song, and then never do anything about it. Let's say some starting remixer comes in here and claims a 6:30 song, and then just sits on it. That wastes the opportunity for other people to get it done, and also for it to be done at its fullest effectiveness. Besides, if somebody doesn't want to participate in the auditioning process because it's too much hassle, then what can I expect from them when it comes to the real thing?

Pretty cool, but please tell me you're going to spice up the text a bit. And for the love of god, anti-aliasing.

I maaaaaaay. 8) I'll probably just ask somebody to help me when it comes to design and stuff. krispy suggested somebody, and I'll look into it.

BTW, krispy has been accepted into the mixing stage, as well as GrayLightning, who he dragged with him for collab.

MIXERS:

DarkeSword

Unknown

krispy

GrayLightning

Very nice.

I love days off from school. I finished my audition piece in another few hours. Rellik, just for you I stuck closer to the original near the end. :D

It's more than long enough now (4:20), with more emotional pull (I think?!) and variation. I'm actually considering submitting this to VGMix - I hadn't expected to get a full work out of an audition. :P

Tyler Heath - Predetermination

This song is pretty much done. If anyone has any specific suggestions/problems with it let me know and I'll look into fixing it.

I love days off from school. I finished my audition piece in another few hours. Rellik, just for you I stuck closer to the original near the end. :D

It's more than long enough now (4:20), with more emotional pull (I think?!) and variation. I'm actually considering submitting this to VGMix - I hadn't expected to get a full work out of an audition. :P

Tyler Heath - Predetermination

This song is pretty much done. If anyone has any specific suggestions/problems with it let me know and I'll look into fixing it.

I like :D

Unknown, thou hast outdoneth thyself.

Since you had been pre-approved prior to making this piece, I won't say anything about it being so long. But just for the record, this is masterful work here.

I have to ask, however, that when you do start making mixes for this project, that they stay within the time limit. That's my only worry. Quality, as I can tell, will be superb no matter what. :lol:

Well, if you can get voice actors lined up, and maybe find someone else with Maya, I might be able to do some CG work sometime next summer. (We've got quite a few things in the pipeline right now, but Escape's only going to take 2-3 months and the other stuff can be spread out over a year or so.)

I'll have a lil WIP coming, though it's not good as I'd like it to be.

Take your time. It's a three-week stage, and you still have over two weeks left. Nobody's rushing you to hurry.

If what you meant, though, is that you'd rather use non-free soundfonts, then I can understand. Don't belittle yourself, though. I'm sure it'll be great.

I'll have a lil WIP coming, though it's not good as I'd like it to be.

Take your time. It's a three-week stage, and you still have over two weeks left. Nobody's rushing you to hurry.

If what you meant, though, is that you'd rather use non-free soundfonts, then I can understand. Don't belittle yourself, though. I'm sure it'll be great.

No; I always work with free soundfonts. I just accidentally made it sound boring.

Btw Tyler your song is awesome.

hey guys,

just wanted to say that i like this project greatly, and having sephfire be my roommate, i get see this thing progress from the front line!!

i just have one suggestion. it's kinda hard to find the audition pieces in this particular thread. with all the comments and ideas that are thrown out, it's kinda nasty to try and sort through each page to find the links. is there any way that they could be posted in the WIP forum as well. i could understand that djp might not like that, and that these pieces arent an actual remix but just an audition, but it would still be a little more organized that way.

again, looking forward to this :P!!!

djprotone

i just have one suggestion. it's kinda hard to find the audition pieces in this particular thread. with all the comments and ideas that are thrown out, it's kinda nasty to try and sort through each page to find the links. is there any way that they could be posted in the WIP forum as well. i could understand that djp might not like that, and that these pieces arent an actual remix but just an audition, but it would still be a little more organized that way.

I'll do you one better. I'll copy all the links to the first post for easy listening.

~.C.S.~

Alright, I have some bad and urgent news. It doesn't involve the CT project, but then again, it kinda does.

I will be indisposed (read: not at home) for the next week, until Thursday or Friday. There are some family issues that I have to deal with that I won't go into, but I'll tell you that it's important enough for me to leave immediately.

If you want, continue to post audition pieces and get feedback. But just know that I won't be able to respond. Good luck.

~.C.S.~

Dangit, I hate "songwriter's block" (term invented by me to make "talent deficit" sound professional).

Hey Unknown what were you using in your percussion section? I can't quite pick each instrument out, but it sounds tight.

I'm still working on mine. School is keeping me pretty pinned down though. Funny, I always thought to myself that I'd never attempt a remix of the CT opening theme because I'd never know what to do with it. I'll get something banged out eventually.

Ok, here's my wip. I hope I'll be able to finish it by November, 5 :D Thank you.

CT Movie Soundtrack - The Story Begins

Cool! I like where it's going towards the end of the song (actually going into the theme that the audition is on). Only suggestion I really have is to improve the mixing. Other than that, very peppy and clean.

What did you use for the brass?

Wow, I am really impressed so far with the quality of songs here. Not really a surprise considering I have been a fan of each individual member's works before, but I gotta say, with the quality of musicians contributing so far, I am getting really excited about the future of this project.. and nervous about my own audition piece. Deadline is closer than I thought, hopefully I will have something to post here ASAP (somewhere between my assload of work and 3 midterms this week).