Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Frog's my favorite, though nobody can replace Crono's samurai swords.

I'd like to offer my whole-hearted support to making a new remix or what have you. I can hardly wait!

About the gravity and black hole, I would shout "DUH!!" in a mocking way except I never really learned anything about it myself, except the difference between pushing and pulling (I can't even remember which word gravity uses!)

Anyway, good luck with your songs.

Haha o no Claado I didn't mean YOU meant orchestral rock - I know clearly what you want out of this project and I want the same thing: orchestral music. I meant maybe Todavsky was thinking along the lines of blending rock with orchestra, although I doubt it, it was more of a semi-sarcastic question, but then the more I thought about it the concept sounds cool, just not for this project. Sorry if you thought I thought you wanted "orchestral rock," since I would have no basis to assume that. Yeah. Just wanted to clarify I'm not stupid or anything. Heh.

Alright, sorry for the double post, but this is (one of) the last reminder(s) I'm gonna give you guys: YOU HAVE UNTIL TOMORROW TO SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION PIECE.

This is the way it's gonna work: the piece doesn't even have to be done. Only pieces in the 3:00 range (2 so far) will be considered for use as the title theme, but in order to be accepted, all you have to give me is an orchestral piece that uses the correct source themes and starts off slow, eventually getting more energetic somehow. That's all. I know you all can do that.

So basically, you still have 16+ hours to get your stuff in. Please do so. You won't regret it.

Ok, so its only a minute and a half, but i have a presentation on the balkan wars due for tomorrow so it'll have to do.

p.s Its got an english horn in it woo woo!

http://www.soundclick.com/util/DownloadSong.cfm?ID=1747049

Ok, dont show me up everyone

By the way, unknown your piece is really good, and well done on 'When all hope has faded', one of the only vg songs to make it into my car stereo [/fanboy]

i know this might be real late to say, mainly cause the project is currently underway, but i have a good idea.

you say that a piano piece or arrangement would be perfect for the end right?...well...i know just the man to do it!

KlUtZ! *or however the caps are arranged*

his piano pieces are just perfect for this, and i bet he will be more than willing to help out in this!

so ya...theres my input...

if i knew how to work orchestra related programs better *i have the newest sybalius >.>* i would help.....i really want to too

oh well....theres my input

hey people i'm like new here but ooomg i soo wanna work on this project but i just read this thread like 6 hours ago and i won't even be home until like night time tomorrow~

so for the past 6 hours i've been throwing some crap together in an attempt to make an audition piece lol

i didn't even finish it cuz i'm hella sleepy, gotta wake up at 5 in the morning to go run =p oh well here's my attempt at an audition piece:

"Hey I Tried" or "teh1daycrap.mp3" :(

*Right Click / Save As*

Please, Thanks :P

(i don't even know if what i did meets the audition requirements; it's not even a remix,it's just a complete rip off the original with a touch of my style, and it's really short, but hey, gotta try right?) :?

eDiT: *reads the first post in topic*

-piano is permitted only upon individual request and evaluation

damnit uhhhhhhh can I use piano in the beginning? :?

Good God, what a frustrating day. I spent most of my day just trying to keep my computer from crashing and figuring out why it was - in between, I was able to keep my song project open long enough to record a few seconds at a time to just barely finish work on my song. Suffice it to say my creative juices were struggling to stay alive after the 100th restart of my computer. I am not using this as an excuse for my song though, as I am pretty happy with it except for a short audio drop out of the brass during the introductory build up. Hopefully if I get my computer fixed I can reencode a more stable audio mixdown of my project since it sounds much better without the brass droping out, but I wonder if anyone else will notice it since I am so used to it being there... and moreoever want it to be there. O well.

"In Search of the Light"

I changed the name of my song Claado, I hope it's ok with you. "Beginning of the End" was 1) too cliche 2) not the ultimate feel of the song I was going for (more haunting in nature). Since you asked for a description of what was in our minds eye as we made our respective songs, I can briefly explain my title. Basically, Chrono and his friends awake to a yet another normal, seemingly peaceful day in the movie script, and without their knowing are about to become the unkown heroes in an unsung war to save the world. "In Search of the Light" is a song that tries to capture their intertwining destinies as an prologue to their growth in skill, companionship, battle experience, etc. that will take course as the story unfolds.

Yeah, I hope that's not too cheesy or anything, and I hope my song is up to par with the projects standards.

ellywu2 = ACCEPTED

((ASIDE: Does your song have a name, Mr. Wu?))

PLBenjaminZ = ACCEPTED

((ASIDE: Is there anything else we can call you other than that rather complex name? Something simpler? And can you think of a better name for your song?))

SirRus = ACCEPTED

Additionally...

blizihizake = ACCEPTED

Congrats, all. Veeeeeeeeeeeery impressive.

----------

DJZeroShadow: I'm sorry, but I already have somebody that I've asked specifically to do a live piano piece for the end theme. Yes, I know kLuTz's work...his Wind Scene remix is one of my absolute favorite songs ever. But I saw a specific talent in somebody else, and I want to use him. Sorry.

Ima update the front page.

WAIT it's not too late is it? I got time today to start something!!

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/roetaka/index.html - wip is on there.

I got time to do something today, like an hour and got a 2 minute darkish piece that I'm hoping can prove some of my ability. Please note this isn'y the best of my ability and that I can get better samples soon I hope. Sorry for any little annoying parts in this song such as volume drops or tempo as i havent had time to work on those in such short time.

I did something original for the intro and transitioned that into a moodyish ct theme, i think it worked well. I will get this finished I just have no idea if I can today or not.

edit - worked more on this

Alright, Ben will work fine.

Mr. Wu, I'll change the title forthwith. Tracks can be selected (first come first served) as soon as I announce that the mixing stage has begun (either tomorrow or Sunday).

Azar, it seems that TrenzHost is down for some reason, so I'll just let it have some time to get back up and running before switching to another host. Can you do without for a day or two?

----------

And RoeTaKa...this is a hard decision. Wow. The arrangement isn't bad, and the mood of darkness is pulled off very well. It's just that it's littered with so many bad spots, very bad samples, and a case of split-personality disorder. It doesn't know what it wants to be.

As is, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no. I'll let you submit new copies (with better samples, please) until the end of tomorrow, but if it still hasn't improved enough, then I'm sorry. I just hope you get it done right.

Oh yeah...a little more than an hour left, y'all! Get 'em in!

meh, i didn't even finish mine, why is it contending for the title theme :?

I couldn't think of any good names, so I'll just call it "Determined", since I was 'determined' to audition so I sent that in lol...

If you'd like for it to be removed from the race, I can do so. I personally thought that it was a very nice song, and it should be considered...but it's your call. Besides, you can always update it, you know.

haha I just didn't expect it to be a candidate for the main theme because I only made it to get in... i didn't even think I was gonna be accepted :o

but yeah I think the other candidates did a much better job because:

1. their samples are much better

2. their just a lot more experienced :)

I guess I'll just leave it in 'the race' and see how it fares, and if people like it I'll complete/revise/master it(theres a lot of little things I messed up like around 0:36 messed up chords and crappy sounding trumpets just after that, etc.)

oh well time to go run three miles, work out, go to the dentist, then go shopping the whole day (YAY!) lol... :P

okay maybe shopping didn't take the whole day :?

I can't wait, I'm excited to start working tomorrow on my song.

Yeah I feel ya, especially now that I've got like ten or so hours worth of spare time on my hands...

I already know what scene I want to do, and since I've got a lot of time, so I guess I'm just gonna start working on it and just hope no one takes it... :D