Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Alright...here it is...

Chronicles of the Tesseract - A Cinematic Interpretation

EXPLANATION: The Tesseract is the place in the Chrono series where discarded timelines are sent. Something changes in time, the old dimension is tossed here and a new one is created. Since in the movie, Crono & Co. are constantly changing history, several revised timelines are made, meaning that every previous one goes to the Tesseract...meaning that the story itself is a Chronicle of the Tesseract. Every song, then, would be a way of telling that story, meaning that they, too, are Chronicles.

Also, the title is abbreviated as CoT, containing the C and T often associated with Chrono Trigger. Additionally, "Chronicles" uses the same root word as "Chrono", thus making the allusion even stronger.

The second part of the title can be discarded, but simply looking at the first part...does anybody like it? Comments?

Very nice. I was a bit surprised at the change during the slower part in the middle, but I took to it quickly...and the ending is now much cooler, with great percussion to back up the excellent string work.

Still, I'd like to hear a 4:00 version of this more than updates to what you already have. Updates are great and all...but I think the overall structure should be completed and established first. Then make changes.

BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence on the name. I struggled over that one a bit. 8)

wow 'Mr twat' (jk :D), I'll admit that I didn't really like yours when you just started started but now it's sounding really nice. :)

some problems in my opinion; I think the build up in the beginning takes a little too long, and the processing of the Oboe sample you used (or Clarinet, whatever it is xD) needs to be worked on a little bit but, it's obviously still a WIP so, you'll probably fix that.

Again, just my opinion...

eDiTed eDiT: oh yeah, I just listened to what you had again and I think at around 1:52 there is a wrong note there... not sure if you wanted it to go like that but it sounds kind of awkward (sp?) to me. Meh awkward is an awkward word. :roll:

I think everything else sounds great! I especially like the strings towards the end of what you have so far. Keep it up!

as for my pieces, I can't really find any time to work on them right now... too much homework, and I currently have a temporary mind block to my creative flow... :? Oh well, I'll get around to it soon.

EXPLANATION: The Tesseract is the place in the Chrono series where discarded timelines are sent. Something changes in time, the old dimension is tossed here and a new one is created. Since in the movie, Crono & Co. are constantly changing history, several revised timelines are made, meaning that every previous one goes to the Tesseract...meaning that the story itself is a Chronicle of the Tesseract. Every song, then, would be a way of telling that story, meaning that they, too, are Chronicles.

sounds like your talking about that part in Chrono Cross where you see Chrono, Marle and Lucca... where they went over all that BS (in my opinion) about the worlds lost because they changed time lol...

Chronicles of the Tesseract - A Cinematic Interpretation

waaah this word is 'way too big' for a simple minded person like me... >_< I like the C and T effect though;

the title is abbreviated as CoT, containing the C and T often associated with Chrono Trigger. Additionally, "Chronicles" uses the same root word as "Chrono", thus making the allusion even stronger
what about Time? Chronicles of Time? xD Chronicles of Fate? Changing Fate? I dunno, I just don't like that word Tesseract lol...

Does it have to involve the title of the movie in it? :? Try something with some environment to it. "The end of Time" because we had alot of people working on it, had about a group vote, post the most popular titles...or else you could just call it CT:the soundtrack

Very nice, Emperor. We could definitely work this into the movie (though the timing would have to be a bit different than I had originally planned, but that's alright).

Personally, I think the section after :50 is amazing, and would work very well with how I have this in my mind. Great work, I must say...though the harp could use a tad of reverb. That's my only problem.

As for the title sephfire...I personally like Tesseract better as well, and Chronicles of Time is redundant, as Ben said. Both "Relics of the Chozo" and "Kong in Koncert" have some game-specific flavor to them, one with a change in letters and the other with the mention of an alien race. So that's why Tesseract fits, I think.

I don't know...maybe I should just rethink the whole thing and find something more suitable, like "Chrono Symphony" or "Chrono Symphonic" or something...

Man I love it when you suddenly find yourself with free time. Here's the Magus Battle WIP I promised. Not completely polished, but I'm pretty proud of it so far.

Track 13 - "Battle with Magus" -- Confrontation

Here's the visual-time breakdown:

(:00 - :21) = staredown and pre-fight chat

(:21 - :57) = fight

(:57 - 1:10) = enter Lavos

(1:10 - 1:24) = everyone sucked into "uber-gate"

Hope you like. BTW, Claado, here's the latest version of Inciting Incident if you want it for the front page. It's a different url from the first one I posted here.

Wow. Incredible stuff, seph. This is awesome.

For the battle song, it's supposed to be 2:00...could you please add a bit more to the actual fight section, something to extend that? Also, there's 7 or 8 seconds of silence at the end of your song, so you might want to chop that off.

Additionally, would you like me to put this up under a different name? "Confrontation" sounds sort of...boring. Add something like "Temporal" to the beginning of it, perhaps?

I'll also update the Inciting Incident link. Nice name on that, BTW, if I didn't tell you so.

~.C.S.~