Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

It irks me to no end that the evil empire would wait until the people who put such effort into the project were THAT far into development to can the project. That shows absolutely no class whatsoever. Meanwhile, Square-Enix continues to push out craptacular games (FFX, FFX-2, FF Online where they STILL haven't made any money).

What is their PROBLEM? Maybe if they'd LISTEN to their long time consumers they'd earn some frickin' profitable business.

Oh well.........

:arrow: Seek enlightenment here.

10 cool points to the first person who can remember the original topic of this thread.

I was looking at this forum and wanted to share that a future project of mine is a Chrono Trigger short film. The Premise is different (because it is a short) it still has many references to things from the game. I made a desktop for it awhile back and thought you might like to see it.

http://www.spymac.com/gallery/show_photo.php?picid=51029

you can find the image at this link.

It will be live action. Most likely shot in High Definition and there will be a huge amount of post production work on the film as far as visual effects go. I am wanting the running time to come in somewhere around 15 minutes on the film. The opening sequence starts like the game with the pendulum swinging back and forward and then you see the whole clock and it is in a process of decay. Then the next two minutes is basically everything from pocket watches to grandfather clocks breaking apart and then just springing to life and start putting themselves back together. That is how far the film has come so far and the footage will be shot in a year or so.

damn i haven't been on my computer for like 10 days because the power supply for my computer went out and i didn't bother to get it replaced :P oh well i was too busy to do anything anyway.

i skimmed through the six pages i missed since my last post and suprisingly found nothing relevant lol... if theres something important i missed leme know, thanks :P

so i finally had time to work on something today, but i didn't really get any good ideas, so i just played around with the piano and threw something together...

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/plbenjaminz/denadoroclimb.mp3 <- Right Click Save As Please

i screwed up and theres no way it'll fit in 2min 30secs so uhhhh... i just started adding bullshit in it...

time to start over? lol... oh well the holidays are coming up so i'll have a lot of time to work on my scenes then :D

i also added stuff to the lavos one a week ago but i didn't post it so... yeah i updated it

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/plbenjaminz/The_Final_Battle.mp3 <- Same thing as up there

just a note, i'm gonna add some whole other section before that last part comes in, so like the order is all messed up right now, that last part is supposed to be when chrono starts to head toward lavos for the final strike; i just started that part and after i finish that i still have to do the part before it and then the escaping crap >_>

whatever, okay time to sleep, one more day of school til thanksgiving break :?

Denadoro Climb - good base, dude; though I have a few ideas for both how you can make it better and how you can increase its length. First off, the very beginning should be a few high pizzicato notes and then about 20 seconds of happier music, then it could degress into the solemn climbing music, and then get more fevered as Marle/Lucca fall and Crono has to save them. Then it'd be cool if it got slightly more upbeat when they reached the platform/summit and start to go inside the tunnel.

Lavos Battle - for this one, let me just remind you to 1) keep going, cause you have a great WIP, and 2) at about the 3:30-4:00 area, Lavos erupts and then the rest of the music is the party escaping and watching the palace crumble. So keep that in mind and continue with your amazing work.

Very awesome opening, man. That takes the cake when it comes to emotional charge, so far. And the rest is very good as well. I can most certainly imagine this being the song playing during Frog's intervention. End it off with 20 or so more seconds of music, and you are at 'completed' status.

BTW, is that the name you'd like to keep for the piece? Or is there something else you'd prefer more, Mr. Wu?

It irks me to no end that the evil empire would wait until the people who put such effort into the project were THAT far into development to can the project. That shows absolutely no class whatsoever. Meanwhile, Square-Enix continues to push out craptacular games (FFX, FFX-2, FF Online where they STILL haven't made any money).

What is their PROBLEM? Maybe if they'd LISTEN to their long time consumers they'd earn some frickin' profitable business.

Oh well.........

:arrow: Seek enlightenment here.

10 cool points to the first person who can remember the original topic of this thread.

I know I'm an idiot. That was uncalled for. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go bury my face in chocolate ice cream and cry myself to sleep. I hope you're happy.

Well, here's a WiP.

Man, I love working on projects with slow tempos :D makes length such an easy thing to attain. Anyway, I guess I'll be mixing Zeal Palace and Undersea Palace in this - check what I have so far:

http://www.tjhsst.edu/~alederer/Music/Rellik_-_Zeal_Ice.mp3

From my estimations, it seems to start at

EXT. FROZEN WORLD - MOMENTS LATER
The ship comes out of time-warp quickly and in a flash of light, floating a hundred feet or so above the ice-covered surface. It stays in one place for a moment.
INT. EPOCH - CONTINUOUS
LUCCA
Alright, so where are we going?
CRONO
A place called the Ocean Palace. It’s an underwater stronghold of sorts.

and end at

MAGUS
I’m not leaving without you, Schala!
SCHALA
Oh, yes, you are!
Schala takes her pendant off and it displays a bright light that encompasses the three of them.
MARLE
We can’t just let you die here!
SCHALA
Don’t worry about me! Just go!
The light dissolves the three of them and transports them out. The light then dies away, and Schala’s pendant dims to nothingness.
SCHALA
Please...please keep Janus safe...

Would this be correct? It's #18

Sorry about the double post, but I just recently got word from both krispy and GrayLightning, two of the unconfirmed mixers in this project, and they had to drop out, due to time and activity constraints. So our total is now two mixers lower, but considering that we've added two mixers since the project's beginning, it all evens out in the end.

Reminder: post your stuff on deadline. Plz.

BIG EDIT: Unknown has finally joined us! He took Scene 22, so watch out for some awesome orchestral coming our way quite soon.

~.C.S.~