Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Finally, someone posts another update. I was starting to worry that SirRus and I were the only two still working on this thing. :(

The WIP is awesome, dude. I especially love the twist it takes near the end with the percussion and such. Very tight. The only thing I could find to complain about are the woodwinds in the beginning maybe being SLIGHTLY too loud, but that may not really be worth fretting over. I love the interpretation so far. Can't wait til it's finished. This WIP is reminding me how downright awesome this project will be once completed. :)

Blizihizake's and Mr. Wu's comments await them in their respective threads in the Wip forum.

SirRus and Sephfire's Morning Sunlight. That is good. I would add some depth to the middle section, add a soft trombone in the background, perhaps... But the arrangement is great as it is.

Today is a happy day - every wip I hear makes me long for more.

Seph I'd up your master volume, cuz whenever I listen to your song at the correct volume and someone IM's me it scares me to death.

Your guys' arrangement is awessome. It all gives me a nostalgic feeling, and makes me want to play Chrono Trigger again. I love your woodwinds. The only gripe I have is the redundant low attacks of the legato strings. Try to connect those notes a little more and the song will flow MUCH better. In my opinion, at least.

Good stuff peoples.

hey thanks for the feedback on morning sunlight fellas, and yeah seph the master volume scares me on this song... we'll have to fix that.

Emperor (or sleepy emp now I guess) I love how dramatic and emotional your songs are, your latest WIP rocks!

Ellywu, nice start buddy, good flow to it so far, keep developing on what you have and it should turn out magnificent. Weird that the main theme you're doing is schala and yet there is so much "Day the World Revived" but I love the transition, and those drums albeit slightly offputting at first add to the emotional impact. I would say your transition is nearly as flawless as mv's in Foray To Eastern Horizons... amazing man.

Oyeah Bliz I'll just post in your WIP thread so go thurr for my thoughts on your latest wip. Love the new sig btw.

Latahs.

Alright, people. This is not ZeaLitY. This is the actual Claado, and he is pleased.

Yes, Boot Camp sucked. Yes, I just graduated today. Yes, I'm posting this from an Internet Center in some mall just outside Chicago. And yes, this will be the only post I can make in the next week or so, until I have something set up in South Carolina, where I plan to make my home for the next year or two.

But yeah, enough about me. I want to put Basic Training behind me and move onto other things...things like Chrono Symphonic.

I'm loving what I'm hearing. It's a bit strange to see what's happened to something I put so much effort into before, realizing that it's moved forward without me. But no longer.

The basic plan of action in the next few weeks and months to come is simple, as long as nothing comes along to complicate it. I plan to drastically revise certain aspects of the script (dialogue, some of the minor actions, perhaps addition of scenes and maybe even small-part characters) to better adjust to what the music is now saying. It's pretty obvious that you can't expect the music to meet the text and then not have the text return the favor. So...edits are on the way, when time permits.

The second part of the basic plan is a continuing support, critique, and creation of the music that is being put forth. That doesn't seem to be making itself a problem, however...from what my ears are detecting, it's very obvious that the people involved here are capable of making decisions for themselves. Of course, overseeing is still necessary, and when the opportunity arises for me to resume that position, I will.

The third and final part of the plan involves the creation and maintenance of some auxiliary aspects of the project. File databases, banners, CD covers, website layouts, bandwidth security, etc. Music and words alone make not a project great...this thing will have to have some serious downloadability (not a word, I know) and some serious visual accompaniments if we plan to get everything up to par with other site projects OCReMix has previously encountered.

I'm glad to see that the GameFaqs community is so supportive of what's going on, and I'm thrilled to hear some interest from people with something to add to the project, namely Eon_Blue, whose coding skills would be a magnificent aid.

But what I'd like to make the point of most is how amazing it is to see a group of people bound only by their loves of music and Chrono Trigger pull together from something as expansive as this entire, spanning server full of remixers and pull off a product like this. With this much talent going forth into the project, I'm positive beyond any doubt that sometime in the near future, Chrono Symphonic will be on the forefront of the CT universe, finding its way diligently into legend, and all of us with it.

That said, congratulations, thank you, and I'll see you peeps in a week (or thereabouts). Cya.

~.C.S.~

I have no education in music, so I can't do anything to help you guys. But as a music lover (partiuclarly of Chrono Trigger), I just want to express my immense appreciation for you guys undergoing this project. Keep up the excellent work everyone; you're doing the musical world a great justice.

If I might make one suggestion though: I think the To Far Away Times WIP could use more to it. It has the main stuff in piano, but I think it could use a constant beat as heard in the background of the original track, and then at points have another instrument join for the main theme for very brief interludes (example: 1:30-1:40), just to add a little more orhcestration to it. The original track is beautiful, but none of the remixes/orchestrations I've heard have been able to match it yet because they over-simplify it.

Just a sugggestion.

The vocals are good and all, but I don't know if they should be actually singing. Since this is a movie soundtrack, I don't know. I mean if it were for credits it would be fine, but I think it's up to Claado to decide whether to keep them in or not.

That makes me think I downloaded an earlier version, as there weren't any vocals in the one I heard.

I updated my WIP, time wise. I didn't do any mastering yet. I have been going through musician's block, until I thought about the script more. I found a way to extend the time of my track by covering the different themes of each time period, sort of as if the old sleepy man is describing Crono and his gang about where each of the portals lead.