Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Way to get a webhost that has really insanely obtrusive popups, and also has a banner ad for spyware (Gator). I'm sure you could find a better one.

Yeah, probably. But this is just temporary, so...once this is an actual Site Project (i.e. in the appropriate forums), then alternate space will be found.

Unless, of course, you happen to have something on-hand...

Sorry for bumping and posting, but i havent seen any good banner or cover art. No offense but the other stuff was lame

chronocover1tt.png

This took me like 5 minutes using just a picture of a pocketwatch on a table...im also doing a few others but i just though you might want to see this...

EDIT:: Finished a second, better one.

chronosymphmusw9iy.png

8O

I wish I was that good, wow. The second one is really nice.

Sorry for bumping and posting, but i havent seen any good banner or cover art. No offense but the other stuff was lame

chronocover1tt.png

This took me like 5 minutes using just a picture of a pocketwatch on a table...im also doing a few others but i just though you might want to see this...

EDIT:: Finished a second, better one.

chronosymphmusw9iy.png

Wow, both of these are beautiful. I like them a lot. As far as cover art goes, I personally think the second one is best. I could picture the first one on the back with the track listing printed off to the side, seeing how it's goot all that open space. I dunno. Just an idea. Nice work. :nicework:

This is so freaking amazing. Interest in the project has just spiked tremendously.

I just got a response to an e-mail I sent off to Jillian Goldin (pixietricks, of the new OCRemix "Prayer") and she said she would love to do vocals for the soundtrack. Incredible.

I'm sorry if you guys don't know what I'm talking about, but once everything gets worked out with the piece, it will be beautiful. Just wait and see.

Oh, and thanks Global-Trance for getting excited. I'm glad you share the same enthusiasm I do.

I just got a response to an e-mail I sent off to Jillian Goldin (pixietricks, of the new OCRemix "Prayer") and she said she would love to do vocals for the soundtrack. Incredible.

My interest in this project has just gone from casual enthusiasm to unbearable anticipation. WOW, would that be awesome. Please, make that the OCR submission that gets posted along with the release of the project (the lead single in a sense), it would spark so much more interest for this.

My first attempt at cover art for this project. Though grungy, I was able to show a lot of the emotion in it through the mix up of complex and simple images with a soft color (which can be changed to anything I please) to give it a spark of life. If you look hard enough, you can see the Wings of Time that we all know and love. :D

Global-Trance - Chrono Symphonic (Beta Mix) ==>(I tend to title my art this way.)

CSymphonic.jpg

Oops... I should have worked on the banner first... ^_^

Edit: I'd like to add that the backwards C wasn't my idea... it was Claado's... I can easily change it of course.

My favorites thus far are Kanji's "pocketwatch" cover and Global's "betamix" cover. They provide great mood/atmosphere and they don't have any original Chrono Trigger artwork or character sprites blatantly shoved into them just to over-confirm what game we're remixing. They allude to CT in subtle ways without overdoing it.

I vote our cover art be one of these (or something like them). It's only my opinion, but I think they capture the essence of this project best (so far).

Thumbs up to both. I envy your skills. :D

Way to get a webhost that has really insanely obtrusive popups, and also has a banner ad for spyware (Gator). I'm sure you could find a better one.

Yeah, probably. But this is just temporary, so...once this is an actual Site Project (i.e. in the appropriate forums), then alternate space will be found.

Unless, of course, you happen to have something on-hand...

Well, I'd be happy to lend some space to host any files you gave me, minus the mp3s which I see are already hosted elsewhere anyway (I have a limit of about 80 megs, and I typically use about half of it myself). But it'd be at www3.hmc.edu/~afield/<foldername>, unless you know of some way to hide a redirect to something easier. Also I don't have any way to give you access to it yourself, you'd have to zip up your update and send it my way, and I could put the update up. But if you want it, I've got it.

Hmmmmmm...it seems sort of strange having a guy wearing a backpack and sneakers on the cover of a Chrono Trigger remix album. I dunno...maybe something slightly more related to the Middle Ages or the Chrono universe?

Also, the green tint may not be the best color. Perhaps you could try it in some sort of blue/violet, perhaps a mixture. Try it out and see if it looks any better.

Otherwise, it's incredible. Complex, and yet everything is connected. And the Epoch thing is really cool, too. Nice job. The logo is just plain badass.

And neminem, I have file hosting out the wazoo, an FTP server with virtually unlimited access. It's actual WEBSITE stuff I need. But thanks for the offer.

~.C.S.~

P.S. I'm glad you're so enthused, Wanderer. You won't be disappointed.

And neminem, I have file hosting out the wazoo, an FTP server with virtually unlimited access. It's actual WEBSITE stuff I need. But thanks for the offer.

Where by website, I assume you mean "ability to have the space associated with a bottom-level or near-bottom-level url"? Because everything else, I've got ;).

Hmmmmmm...it seems sort of strange having a guy wearing a backpack and sneakers on the cover of a Chrono Trigger remix album. I dunno...maybe something slightly more related to the Middle Ages or the Chrono universe?

Also, the green tint may not be the best color. Perhaps you could try it in some sort of blue/violet, perhaps a mixture. Try it out and see if it looks any better.

Otherwise, it's incredible. Complex, and yet everything is connected. And the Epoch thing is really cool, too. Nice job. The logo is just plain badass.

~.C.S.~

P.S. I'm glad you're so enthused, Wanderer. You won't be disappointed.

Ah. I'm tweaking it as we speak. It was just a quick sample of what my style of cover art is... anything on there is easy to edit. As for the guy sitting there... well... that represents my view of the connection between us and Chrono Trigger. The guy (represents us... modern day) looking back on the Wings of Time flying by (our past/memories)... but yea... I can get deep with this stuff lol. I'll just play with the color, because right now that guy connects with the Epoch and vice versa.

I didn't plan on releasing this until it was complete, but only three minimal songs are missing that I don't think are being covered. Here is the Chrono Trigger sheet music. As of now, Disc 2 is just beginning to upload, so if I posted this FRESH to you, wait awhile.

http://www.herograw.com/ocremix/Black/Publications/Chrono%20Trigger%20Sheet%20Music/

Hope that helps.