Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Just a quick bump to say i've just listened to all of the finished pieces so far, and well, they all sound really damn good.

Yeah, I've burnt a few CDs with all the songs you have up on your webspace, and I've been showing it to my friends. So far everyone really likes it a lot. Even some people who've never played the game :D

So this CD will be for sale upon completion of the mixes? Or will the MP3s on the site continue to be there after it is released?

I've listened to a couple of tracks and I'm liking it so far.

I don't think the CD would be able to sell for money. Unless Claado talks to Square and all that about rights and paying loyalty fees. I'm pretty sure that he's planning to make a torrent for the OCR Projects.

So this CD will be for sale upon completion of the mixes? Or will the MP3s on the site continue to be there after it is released?

I've listened to a couple of tracks and I'm liking it so far.

I don't think the CD would be able to sell for money. Unless Claado talks to Square and all that about rights and paying loyalty fees. I'm pretty sure that he's planning to make a torrent for the OCR Projects.

Yeah, that was the idea. Selling it isn't legal, so...just like every other OCR Site Project, just put it up for download. Plus all the CD covers, CD jewel cases, etc. etc.

As for the "additional" songs, they were audition pieces for the project that didn't get accepted for the Title Theme position (sephfire won that) but they were just too good to be wasted, so...there they are.

And as for Mr. Wu's comment...damn skippy. :)

Ooh...nice art for the CD back cover. Lots of space for titles and stuff.

Except that Lavos is known as the Red Star, and in the picture he's white. But other than that, frickin' sweet.

Hah! Good point. It's clearly been a while since I've played - well, Zeal would have caught me for that anyway.

So the wip is updated with the red color.

I'm thinking maybe a frame would work well for it... some sort out outline design or something. I hate it when they just bleed off the edge like that.

Stars seem blocky, but I like where you're going with it. It's a good approach to the cover art. Looks like Chrono Symphonic will have some good choices.

Edit: Anyone see if the blue one I put up was a good choice of blue? No one really responded on it.

I personally liked the blue a lot better than the green, although both were really nice.

Also, eon, yours was simply amazing. Totally loved it.

Lose the lens flare. No matter what they tell you, unedited lens flare will never look pretty. Other than that, it's sweet.

I agree, lens flares are pretty crappy. That was supposed to simulate the sun rising over the edge of the planet or whatever. I guess I could just blur the hell out of it so you can't really see the definition like that.

Actually, some of the larger stars are mini lens flares.

I also had to make sure that it didn't look like earth. I was tempted to use an actual satellite texture from earth while in photoshop with the planet. I ended up settling on venus, I think it was, then throwing a layer of cloud over it. I didn't get the serious definition between land and sea I was hoping for, but I also didn't want to get any closer to the planet.

*Edit*

I blurred the lens flare a little bit, added the frame, sharpened the planet surface a little...

Right now, half the image is done in Photoshop, the other half in Paint Shop Pro. If there's anything really major to be done (positioning of the planet, for example) I'll be firing up photoshop for that. Minor things like the text, etc, is handled in Paint Shop Pro.

Actually, I think the kid in the backpack and sneaks works pretty well. I recall the end of Chrono Cross, when Kid was standing in traffic or whatever. Wasn't that live action with some cosplay chick or something?

And in one of the endings of Chrono Trigger, the ship was cruising above all the different time periods. I was instantly reminded of that when I saw this cover - this kid is likely sitting there minding his own business when the fucking Epoch blows by overhead.

The only thing I didn't like is that you can't really see it too well. I didn't even realize it was there until Claado pointed it out - until then, I was wondering what the kid was all about too.

And yeah, the steel blue works way better. Maybe even colorize it a little more towards gray.