Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Hmm...this is a question that I, too, have been struggling with...

Should I bring down the songs from downloading, until the project is released, keeping these final tracks under wraps until we're ready? Or should I have everything out in the open? I honestly don't know, so I guess I'll ask you guys.

Any comments?

i would take them down. You basically have the tracks available for download beofre the real release. If people already have near finished versions whats the point of even releasing them?

Alright, yeah, I consulted with a few others and the general consensus seems to be that having the songs up for download now is rather counter-active to the big release of the project. Which means that

DO NOT RELEASE ANY ADDITIONAL WIPS TO THE PUBLIC...E-MAIL ME OR PM ME A LINK AND I WILL ADD IT TO THE DATABASE.

That is all.

~.C.S.~

I have pictures kind of hammered out for discs 1 and 2.

Disc 1: http://www.worldisround.com/photos/14/573/208.jpg

Disc 2: http://www.worldisround.com/photos/14/573/209.jpg

I still think disc 1 looks better, but that's because I just had better results with the source material. Lemme know what you think of it.

Very, very, very nice. These are definitely keepers.

Good work, dude. And you too, Flame Stealer. So tight.

BTW, I like Disc the First better as well. :)

~.C.S.~

Preview time! This is how the interviews will look. I did pixietricks's first because her picture was on hand:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/21/7

And the very first page will be a project summary and sort of timeline maybe.

Edit: Man, my site...is beautiful. I think I'm going to cry...

Nicely done. Nicely done indeed. Just don't Photoshop that picture I gave you into something :twisted:.

:)

~.C.S.~

Okay, everyone's done on the Compendium so far (except in pictures; I sent out requests to those done) for these people:

Claado Shou

BliZiHizake

Red Omen

PLBenjaminZ

sephfire

pixietricks

ellywu2

Emperor

DarkeSword

FM

So yeah, some remixers will have Darkesword or pixietricks as their default pic til I get word. If they don't have a pic, good old Chrono Symphonic Art will be used.

Thanks, I'll get your page up in 2 hours. Have to go work...

In other news, my playthrough of Chrono Cross to edit its script is also allowing me to make a neat little savestate pack of all the endings. I'll announce that somewhere when it's done.

While Doom is for the PC, it's latest incarnation, Doom III, is most certainly an XBOX title, making this the best 360 candidate.

~.C.S.~

I feel that this is wrong, as a heavy PC gamer myself. Shoulda been akin to your Chrono Symphonic explanation, where Doom 3/III (which came out for PC first and was ported out later) is not fitting but the best representation of XBOX from the three.

But it's alright, not many on the OC give PC proper credit instead of the XBOX. Onto the important stuff.

Let me start by saying this project looks awesome. With so many Chrono Trigger remixes already on the site, and some damn good ones, it was a disappointment to see that some tracks were not covered, and also that it takes a few CDs to contain them all. This project is perfect for a CT enthusiast like me, and I salute you all.

A suggestion for the dls of works from the site, I think you might want to consider giving out previews, like the guys from Dark Side of Phobos are doing. Give a 10-30 second clip, so people do not get the whole song, but still get a feel for what it will sound like. Of course, it's up to you, and I know there's been stuff voiced before about different projects being done differently.

And on a final note, thanks for announcing the upcoming 10th anniversary of the best RPG to grace a console. Initially I wondered why you were putting a date so far in the year, when you guys look to be so close, but the explanation of what you have left to do and added significance of this date makes it all good.

You should go about rounding up the serious CT fans and have a big project release/anniversary party on the 27th of September. Seriously.

Alright, I'm out.

Maybe getting some bittorrent seeds in antipication of the massive traffic your srrver will be getting is a good idea?

And would there be instructions for printing out the CD covers and labels for the disc?

How about some liner notes?

Maybe getting some bittorrent seeds in antipication of the massive traffic your server will be getting is a good idea?

And would there be instructions for printing out the CD covers and labels for the disc?

How about some liner notes?

1) Well, I had at least the OCR server and herograw server planned, but finding another server or two would probably be a good idea. I'll look into it.

2) I honestly don't have any experience/software that would be helpful in this regard, so I guess I would have to look it up or ask someone else. Unless of course somebody reading this has any kind words...

3) What do you mean by 'liner notes'? Either it's an unfamiliar term or a term I'm unfamiliar with (big difference...not really).

~.C.S.~

P.S. Also, Tracks 1 and 25 (Inciting Incident and To Far Away Times) are back online, for those wishing to hear some of the music. Those are the 'teaser' tracks, I guess you could say. :)

I have another update, which isn't too huge, but script updates are finished (for now), and some rather nice improvements have been made.

1) Edited general dialogue, though not to a great extent.

2) Included a modified form of Robo, as a "portable robotic assistant" that aids the group at various points in the story, though his inclusion is mainly for the sake of those CT fans that like Robo's character. Lucca wears him like a watch, BTW.

3) Included a new aerial fight scene with the Epoch, in which Lucca and Robo outgun and outrun several Zeal fighters while Crono and the others battle the Queen within the Ocean Palace.

4) Provided greater inclusion of some bit characters - Lara, the Nu - and cleaned up some plot points that were a bit sketchy.

Generally, it's just a more polished script. So, enjoy. :):):)

~.C.S.~

P.S. Ayla is still out. 8)

I haven't received new pictures in a few days, or Kee's interview. Should I continue to hold out? The list of those I haven't gotten yet still stands. Rellik is missing, mv's taking a break from remixing, Reuben's in the darn army, and no Cox yet...but other than that, I've got everything but some pics. I can go ahead with this whenever we want it released.

Hmm...if it doesn't look like you're getting anything, might as well not hold out. So I say, just get rid of the sample pictures put up in some people's places (PLBenjaminZ, BliziHiZake) and then release it when you think fit. Personally, once Monday rolls around, I'll have AIM back, so...I'll be trying to connect loose ends and urge mixers to turn in their pieces. I want to get this finished and ready for launch on 9/27, not only because of the anniversary, but also because I have other...things to prepare for.

So anyway, it's up to you. We can always add stuff on, y'know. It's not a problem.

~.C.S.~