Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Well there's no significant "raising" of the status at the moment, even though the deadline is today - but Monday is not over in the USA yet. A lot of mixers still didn't read their PMs or eMails from me. Neither did they contact me what's going on.

Status so far...

TEMPORAL STATUS

Status [MASTER]:

Track 01 - Sephire (WAV provided)

Track 03 - DarkeSword (WAV provided)

Track 05 - LunarHeartHeaven (waiting for WAV)

Track 13 - Sephire (WAV provided)

Track 14 - Blizihizake (WAV provided)

Track 18 - Rellik (WAV provided)

Track 19 - DarkeSword (WAV provided)

Track 25 - Reuben Kee, Pixietricks (WAVs provided - waiting for an answer to a Q though)

All other tracks are still in status. Which is still not much!

WAS CONTACTED RECENTLY BY:

SirRus ( in progress, the SE track can't be rescued though)

Emperor ( in progress, will get back to me this night)

Claado Shou ( in progress)

PLBenjaminZ (Well I contacted him, files can't be rescued unfortunately)

mv (via Rexy, mv is in France due to bussiness issues, tries to get back to me in time - not guaranteed)

STILL WAITING FOR LIVESIGNS:

LunarHeartHeaven (Got the okay for [MASTER], didn't get an answer or a file yet)

The ZAS (Still waitng on a new file)

Red Omen (Still waiting on a new file, said to me it can take a while)

ellywu2 (still waiting on new files, just emailed him and wait for an answer, though he answered Rexy)

Russel Cox (still waiting on a new file, seems to be vanished from planet earth)

Unknown (still waiting for new files, zircon and I contacted him - no response yet)

RoeTaKa (still waiting for new files, contacted him via AIM and PM - no response yet)

Folks, that's just dissapointing. Especially if I look at mixers who made more than one song (like 2-3) for the project, letting them catch dust then and think "the engineer will fix that". But I can't without your help.

I was talking with Claado about a possible moval of the release date as he's also thinking about a "non rushed but highend" release. And the more you (the mixers) slow things down, the less time I have for proper mixing, the more rushed (and bad) sounds in the end. We're definitly not planning a delay of Chrono Symphonic, as there're interviews already in the making etc, but I guess you'll leave us no choice. That's a "last minute" thing to decide though. Sorry about that.

Usually I'd get paid for that kind of job - but I said "okay I offer my skills" and I won't let you down, stay till the end. But we all have to work together. Hell I even offer my sparetime (and a lot of health) for Chrono Symphonic. Can't do everything alone, you know. ;)

I'll keep you updated.

okay look,

I just recently get rid of my old webhost because the would not increase my bandwidth. originally my intent was to keep my domain (herograw.com) so that starzander or whoever wouldn't have to change the links. HOWEVER, my old host is taking forever to hand over the domain and this project is waaayyy too close to completion to sit around and hope they hand it over in time.

so I have set up a subdomain at symphonic.herograw.org and a new ftp.

Starzander: the new subdomain is identical to the old one, so just change all instances of "...herograw.com..." to "...herograw.org..." and everything should be peachy.

claado shou: if you want the ftp contact me via AIM.

-rob

EDIT: I don't know why "ftp" is showing up as a link. ignore it.

How much bandwidth can we expect to use up if we're to be mirrors for this? (didn't read the thread)

The month the Doom project came out, I aaaaalmost exceeded my total bandwidth (I have a 60 gig alottment, and it ran up to 56 gigs), so you can expect to use quite a bit. Of course, keep in mind that I'm mirroring not only the Doom project, but the Kirby project as well, and hosting personal files and other things I need to host. I'm likely going to bump up my alottment soon, since my space also has to be used for my own project.

How much bandwidth can we expect to use up if we're to be mirrors for this? (didn't read the thread)

when the doom project came out it ran up 171GB on my server, which brought down my webspace for the rest of the month. If we get enough mirrors, though, bandwidth shouldn't be a problem. People worried about exceeding their bandwidth should probably ask to be put near the back end of the mirror list, seeing as first mirror tends to field the most downloads and then second mirror and so on...

Could I be towards the back of the mirrors? I'm concerned about my bandwidth. ^_~

I am going to, by request of CS, write some code for the site, so that there is only one download link for every song, but this link randomly selects one of the existing mirrors. This way one mirror won't be flooded with downloads, hopefully.

Could I be towards the back of the mirrors? I'm concerned about my bandwidth. ^_~

I am going to, by request of CS, write some code for the site, so that there is only one download link for every song, but this link randomly selects one of the existing mirrors. This way one mirror won't be flooded with downloads, hopefully.

damn that would be some skillz.

I told you I already HAVE his master files. If there's something to bitch about, then it's those who're late with their files, even though I set a very final deadline. And that's SirRus, ellywu, Unknown (though he has a hurricane comming towards his place), ZAS, mv (he has a comission going on at the moment) and Russel Cox.

TEMPORAL STATUS

Postproduction: 45% (+17,2% lost/unsure files)

Mastering: 0% (due to the missing files to complete a CD)

Design: 85% (Eon Blue)

Additional stuff: 10%

Status [MASTER] Files:

CD01 (08/14)

Track 01 - Sephire (WAV provided)

Track 03 - DarkeSword (WAV provided)

Track 04 - Sleepy Emp (WAV provided)

Track 05 - LunarHeartHeaven (WAV provided)

Track 07 - Claado Shou (WAV provided)

Track 08 - Red Omen (WAV provided)

Track 13 - Sephire (WAV provided)

Track 14 - Blizihizake (WAV provided)

CD02 (06/10)

Track 17 - Claado Shou (WAV provided)

Track 18 - Rellik (WAV provided)

Track 19 - DarkeSword (WAV provided)

Track 23 - RoeTaKa (WAV provided)

Track 24 - Sleepy Emp (WAV provided)

Track 25 - Reuben Kee, Pixietricks (WAVs provided - waiting for an answer to a Q though)

SE Tracks (01/04)

SE01 - Sleepy Emp (WAV provided)

All other tracks are still in status (better, but still not "good").

Lost... (no master files available anymore due to corrupt files):

Track 10 - PLBenjaminZ (Denadoro Climb)

SE02 - SirRus (In Search of the Light)

SE02 - PLBenjaminZ (Determined)

Still not sure (to get the master files):

Track 12 - mv

Track 21 - Russel Cox

WAS CONTACTED RECENTLY BY:

SirRus (he just contacted me as I'm updating this list)

mv (still has issues to rescue his files, also he has a comission going on)

The ZAS (waiting on a new file, said to me via PM that he's working on it)

Unknown (tries to do what he can, due to the hurricane heading his way he didn't promise anything)

STILL WAITING FOR LIVESIGNS:

ellywu2 (still waiting on new files, emailed him twice, PMed him at VGmix - no answer!)

Russel Cox (still seems to be vanished from planet earth)

Still I'm really pissed off due to the fact that there were several deadlines the mixers had to meet for WIPs, finished files, postproduction files and still they didn't do anything. I'm especially pissed off by those who have more than 1 track in the project, don't do anything and slow everything down. And then I get lame excuses in the end or wait the whole night (till 7am GMT+1, sometimes till it's midnight on the US wastcoast) and still get no response.

Regarding the Deadline:

Claado will have some words on that issue.

Now if you'll excuse me, I try to get in touch with the remaining "missing sheeps" and go back to judging tracks.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea, since my account will be suspended for the rest of the month if I exceed my bandwidth. If you could make a script that determines if the server is still up and/or offering the files, that would be ideal.