Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Yeah, Compyfox pretty much said it all. We're probably going to delay the release at least a few days, maybe longer.

I know I was saying quite heartily that we wouldn't delay last week, but Saturday night I had an experience that can only be described, aside from as a "car accident", as divine intervention. So I'm very much willing to delay the project past the planned date in order to make sure that what everybody gets is the absolute best product.

Compyfox is still working as fast and as hard as he can, and you'll all be kept very informed on the situation, despite how haphazard everything seems. Believe me, the final product WILL BE WORTH IT. So just hold your horses.

And it was my bad that the front page had RoeTaKa's song listed as 0% completed, so I understand the confusion. But the music is entirely done.

~.C.S.~

Only in Canada...

Anyway, I'd like to change one small thing about the audition guidelines...the pendulum sound in the beginning is not necessary. Rellik has made a point of the fact that it's really hard to find a good pendulum effect, and it's also kind of counterproductive to force something like that on every piece, when many of these will be standalone and not used in the movie soundtrack anywhere. So...that is not necessary. Do it if you like, but not because I'm forcing you to. :)

i just read that now. Im canadian! and im a huge fan.

geeezh

Trust me on this. Compyfox is an audio engineer, so of course his job is to make sure the songs are given strong production qualities all around.

I study music technology, and with the equipment floating around in the main recording studios people obviously spend a long time mastering everything so that it sounds perfect to the ear.

So no, final productions are NOT SIMPLE. They for me determine the one careful thing between a lackluster production all around, or one of the most powerful productions you'd hear on the site.

Now please, leave him to his thing, and leave the thread alone. Your time to shout will be on the project's release date, so please wait patiently.

Or else... haha.

Lol, so defensive there Rexy. TrueLugia, I haven't actually done a thing, it's all lies!! Heh nah I'm done. I reckon the project'll be done in a week or a tad longer, then we can all imagine a big story to an orchestral album and touch ourselves in ways we wouldn't dare to before. How exciting is that?! Maybe...maybe I've thought about this a lil' too much.

Could I be towards the back of the mirrors? I'm concerned about my bandwidth. ^_~

I am going to, by request of CS, write some code for the site, so that there is only one download link for every song, but this link randomly selects one of the existing mirrors. This way one mirror won't be flooded with downloads, hopefully.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea, since my account will be suspended for the rest of the month if I exceed my bandwidth. If you could make a script that determines if the server is still up and/or offering the files, that would be ideal.

Well, I don't think the script will recognize that, but if it's down then the download simply won't work, and they can just click the link again, to get to another server.

Why not doing it like the doom project. The server with the highest rates on the first links, the ones with the lower at the last position. And there's also still the torrent.

Sephire:

Rexy and I are on that problem. If we trust his VGMix account, he's a resident in the UK. Still he didn't answer our mail, nor did he answer our PMs. If someone knows ellywu in person or knows where to contact him "best", feel free to tell us

And with Cox... I guess that's a useless try as we don't have other contact informations than those on OCR or VGMix.

Wait, I just call that toll free number to record something for VGDJ?

Yeah, you could do that. But keep in mind that there is a 1 min 30 sec time limit for the 1-800 number.

Also, have you talked to Claado since yesterday? Rayza decided to postpone the interview until closer to the project release. So I think the plan is that Claado's gonna provide a short clip for this show, just to give people the heads up, and we'll play that. But all the real content (including the Chrono Compendium stuff) will come later.

Still, if he isn't mentioning the Compendium in his clip and you wish to do so, be our guest! Just make sure it's brief for this episode.

Oh, alright. Well, it depends on what you have planned. I've been rolling around a 30 second spot or something (no, not as fast as the Micro Machines guy), but I guess I'll hang back and see what's on schedule. Mainly, I'm just going to bring to attention the Chrono Symphonic Extravaganza, and maybe tell people to look forward later this year to news on the Chrono Trigger Coliseum or something. In terms of big events for Chrono fans, Symphonic will be it. Cross is 5 years old, Trigger is 10, and the Compendium's covered mostly everything else. The Chrono community is about to enter a serious drought.

Oh, alright. Well, it depends on what you have planned. I've been rolling around a 30 second spot or something (no, not as fast as the Micro Machines guy), but I guess I'll hang back and see what's on schedule. Mainly, I'm just going to bring to attention the Chrono Symphonic Extravaganza, and maybe tell people to look forward later this year to news on the Chrono Trigger Coliseum or something. In terms of big events for Chrono fans, Symphonic will be it. Cross is 5 years old, Trigger is 10, and the Compendium's covered mostly everything else. The Chrono community is about to enter a serious drought.

Alrighty, well, we just finished recording episode 019. So I guess it'd make sense to wait until the episode with Claado's interview and everything. ^_~

Looks like my site design is going to get inhuman amounts of publicity from all this. This is awesome news for myself. I will probably keep making free websites for OCR projects, if they are wanted.

But despite my publicity glee, I'm even more excited about the project itself. This is going to be something to remember, people. ¨

I know I will.

Looks like my site design is going to get inhuman amounts of publicity from all this. This is awesome news for myself. I will probably keep making free websites for OCR projects, if they are wanted.

You may wanna advertise your site in your sig, or at least your profile, Anders.

Yes, I know, I really should. I have a sig for it... might change soon. And... you called me Anders? That's odd. Didn't know that people knew my first name.

HELL YEAH!

By the way,

Who usually submits site projects to Slashdot?

I'm asking because I've been authorized to collaborate with Josh of SquareAMP (who's had successful submissions) to submit it, but I don't want someone who normally does it for all site projects to submit it to and wind up with two submissions. Lot of redundant words in that last sentence.

This will be the last big Chrono event for a long time, now that the birthdays are passed and no official word is coming. The community will enter a big druoght after this, so let's make it good.