Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Yeah, I heard that one too. Both great interviews. I just wasn't expecting it in the Press Start interview. :D

Wait, are you sure you listened to the thing I just linked you to? Because that wasn't an interview in VGDJ- it's from a more recent episode than the one our song was actually reviewed in. It's just something funny Rayza put together from my voice clips. ^_~

Uhm... could you discuss that somehwere else, please? This is still the C.S. thread and nothing about Journeys End or random radio shows after all.

Thanks.

Sephfire PM'ed me to continue the discussion; sorry it got off-track. But it's not a "random radio show." If you read before, you might have noticed that I plugged Chrono Symphonic during my interview, and that's why I posted in the first place.

I'm getting sick and tired of your attitude, Compy. No offense, but Andrew is the project head here. And you're not a moderator, either. Leave those things to the people actually in charge. :roll:

EDIT:

I changed your sig for you. Here you go!

egr6v4.png

Uhm... could you discuss that somehwere else, please? This is still the C.S. thread and nothing about Journeys End or random radio shows after all.

Thanks.

Sephfire PM'ed me to continue the discussion; sorry it got off-track. But it's not a "random radio show." If you read before, you might have noticed that I plugged Chrono Symphonic during my interview, and that's why I posted in the first place.

I'm getting sick and tired of your attitude, Compy. No offense, but Andrew is the project head here. And you're not a moderator, either. Leave those things to the people actually in charge. :roll:

EDIT:

I changed your sig for you. Here you go!

egr6v4.png

While I respect that Compy is just trying to preserve the integrity of the thread and discussion....

...that was hilarious. Well played Pixie, well played.

But it's not a "random radio show." If you read before, you might have noticed that I plugged Chrono Symphonic during my interview, and that's why I posted in the first place.

A plug in form of like two sentences "Yeah I sang for two of the tracks, so check it out". Very informative - as if there's noone else on the project and you're more or less the "leading light".

Claado is the project leader, indeed. But I'm the engineer, not somebody else. I have to level out the whole project to let it sound "good" (more like even). I have to have more stuff in my head than most of you.

So far I raised the quality of almost all songs, fixed with almost all mixers (even PLBenjaminZ) issues in their arrangements and right now I'm in the middle of finishing the tracks from SirRus (tomorrow it'll be the track from Reuben, and right now EllyWu is uploading "Schala and the Queen" where I'll insert "cleaned up" vocals from a MAC microphone recording).

*jeez!*

We've all put in a lot of time and stress into this project over the past year. For some of us that stress has been stretched over the whole length and for others it's been compressed into a short, panicked session near the project's end where everyone starts getting edgy and impatient.

Let's not start going for each other's throats here. We're in the home stretch.

I think it would only get ugly if everyone started questioning the worth of each team-mate. Take a deep breath, everyone...

For emphasis.

I think it should stay. Feelings might get hurt, or maybe this will make people stronger. Either way, who's to say that projects have to be all lovey-dovey all the way to the end? When the project is over, let this stand as testimony to the fact that in spite of each other, you all somehow lived through it and came out with a good project in the end. Yay controversy!

I wrote that due to a reason!

And if you allow me a quote by Bob Katz from his book "Mastering Audio", Chapter 1, Page 20 in terms of "the work of an engineer":

Attention to detail. The last 10% of the job takes 90% of the time.

Just a little sentence to think about. Cause some are just simply forgetting that along with a handful of other things I won't get into now.

I think it should stay. Feelings might get hurt, or maybe this will make people stronger. Either way, who's to say that projects have to be all lovey-dovey all the way to the end?

Quoted for emphasis.

Now please leave Compy alone as he finishes off the mastering phase. It's not long until CS is up and off the ground, so you can bitch at each other *then*, ok?

Claado is the project leader, indeed. But I'm the engineer, not somebody else.

And as such, you should focus on the sound engeering, rather than moderating the thread. It is not your job to keep the discussion on track, especially considering the discussion was on topic.

Your post was highly uncalled for, and you should consider toning down your attitude and apologizing. We know you're engineering the project; it's a fact you've made very apparent. Make no mistake: every artist on this project definitely appreciates it; but you need to show some respect to the artists whose work you're mastering.

So how about instead of worrying about what people are talking about in the thread, you just focus on your work? If there are on-topic posts that don't have to do with the engineering, ignore them.

Can I write in size 18 font for big emphasis too?

The music isn't "shit." The unmastered raws are in terms of mastering quality. Get your terms correct.

Anyway, I'm very in tune with a meritocracy here, as well as free speech. I've been there before, considering I authored 90% of the content on the encyclopedia and features sections of my site, and presented 90% of the articles. CompyFox has been told to "FINISH THIS BY (CERTAIN DATE) NOW" and it's tough considering he spends several fucking hours a day on it. Compared to several hours spent over an entire year by remixers, you can see the imbalance of workload. The mastering was also sort of thrown in at the last minute while the 29th date was still on, so it's kind of breakneck.

Claado is the project leader, indeed. But I'm the engineer, not somebody else.

And as such, you should focus on the sound engeering, rather than moderating the thread. It is not your job to keep the discussion on track, especially considering the discussion was on topic.

Your post was highly uncalled for, and you should consider toning down your attitude and apologizing. We know you're engineering the project; it's a fact you've made very apparent. Make no mistake: every artist on this project definitely appreciates it; but you need to show some respect to the artists whose work you're mastering.

So how about instead of worrying about what people are talking about in the thread, you just focus on your work? If there are on-topic posts that don't have to do with the engineering, ignore them.

Exactly. I wasn't attacking your mastering at all, Compy, but rather pointing out that you have overstepped your realm of duty. Did I say anything about the mastering in my post? I don't know where this crazy rant is coming from. Of course I appreciate the work you're doing for this project, as do we all.

But it's not a "random radio show." If you read before, you might have noticed that I plugged Chrono Symphonic during my interview, and that's why I posted in the first place.

A plug in form of like two sentences "Yeah I sang for two of the tracks, so check it out". Very informative - as if there's noone else on the project and you're more or less the "leading light".

Okay... Yes, I *did* talk about my involvement in it. Why? Because the interview was about me. How does that make me an attention whore, when I was asked for an interview? UnforgivingEdges wasn't even planning on talking about the project in the first place, so I tacked on the plug at the end. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to cover C.S. fully, but we were on a strict time limit and that wasn't the point of the interview. Episode #021 of VGDJ has the extensive coverage on that. I never claimed that Press Start C.S. coverage was in-depth- just that it was there.

Just do your job, and let Claado and Darkesword (or the other mods) do theirs. This wasn't the first time you stepped outside your role of "audio engineer," Compy. That's all I'm saying. M.Y.O.B. :?

I hope we can put this to rest now. It might help to prevent these kinds of situations if Claado were around more often... But, y'know, he's busy.