Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

I hope it's not too late for ME to have a say in the matter. :oops:

Pixie, while I agree that Compy is only on the project as an "audio engineer", I have stated before (earlier in this thread, I believe) that for the time being, Compy and Rexy and Eon_Blue are the people handling the majority of the work. I'm pretty much just sitting back and waiting for this whole thing to come back into my own realm of handling, a.k.a. the uploading, torrent-ing, etc. So if Compy feels the need to ask for someone to stay focused on the project, then that's not only his prerogative, that's his temporary right. No offense, but having read the last page and a half of banter, it certainly seems that the assault was brought on not by Compyfox's over-management, but your accusation of such.

Compyfox, don't call the music on this project "shit". You're not the only important one around here, and just because you see your own role of being "sound bitch" as a necessary, perhaps even quintessential piece of the Chrono Symphonic puzzle, it doesn't mean you have the right to beat down on everyone else, even if provoked. That's not your job; that's not anyone's job. Keep the rants and the rage in PM form between the people involved. Do it the Navy way: publicly praise, privately punish. It's worked for hundreds of years, and it should keep working for us.

Everyone else, I believe I should quote Officer Barbrady for emphasis:

"Alright people, nothing to see here, just go back to your homes."

~.C.S.~

then fergive me when i say this project is gonna rock. but that's just only one mans opinion though.

everyone else needs to lighten up a little and at the same time like Clado Shou stated above "publicly praise and privately punish".

Compyfox, everyone acknowledges what you've done so far and to me i understand that fully. i love what you do and how good your remixing sounds. you're an asset to Chrono Symphony. not only that everyone in the entire thread respects you also.

Good to finally hear Claado's take on all this. I made that post largely in *his* defense, not realizing he was cool with Compyfox's temporary power shift/trip. I can see how my post may have sounded over-the-top to those who were aware of that.

(But I think a lot of us weren't aware, Claado, and that's why there has been so much talk about it outside the thread.)

At the same time, Darkesword himself acknowledged that Compy was doing a moderator's job, so it's not like my "accusation of such" was unfounded. And my post was a cumulative response to his attitude. It just so happened that the side-tracking comment was what ultimately pushed me over the edge, since I was one of the people it was directed towards.

I'm sorry, Comp, if I really offended you. We all know who you are and what you're doing for the project, so you don't need to try so hard. We'd be *more* grateful if you simply focused on your work right now, without the attitude. Things will get done faster that way, and you'll piss a lot fewer people off, you know? You volunteered for this project; there's no excuse for labeling our music as "shit." Why in God's name did you sign up, if that's what you think?

All it shows us is that you care more about the attention you'll get from "helping out" than the project itself. It's not a crime to want a little recognition, but wouldn't you like that recognition to be positive...? If so, try treating us with some respect, for goodness' sake.

Compyfox acted in self-defense, albeit much harsher than he should have.

And yes, I agree with pixie that I probably didn't announce the "power shift" as prominently as I should have. But as per my post a few pages ago, http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45588&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1257 (top post), I figured it was clear that I wasn't playing as large a role anymore.

As for the specifications of what "powers" Compyfox has, his job is still audio engineer. I still make all the choices. I just think that considering his continued presence in the thread, and my sparse presence here, his decisions as far as appropriate conversation are slightly more up-to-snuff than mine. I might very well have ended up asking for the conversation to stop - who knows. But now that the boundaries are laid, and we only have a very very short time left until release, I think it's best we drop the subject. Bad choice on my part to sort of keep you all in the dark, but it's all whatever.

I'm going to edit/delete some of the posts relating to this topic, if you all don't mind. Just to maintain a false sense of security in-house, you know. Like all the great leaders do. :)

~.C.S.~

/enters conversation

Compyfox acted in self-defense, albeit much harsher than he should have.

And yes, I agree with pixie that I probably didn't announce the "power shift" as prominently as I should have. But as per my post a few pages ago, http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45588&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1257 (top post), I figured it was clear that I wasn't playing as large a role anymore.

As for the specifications of what "powers" Compyfox has, ...

~.C.S.~

^^ last word

/runs away

That's still trolling. He's actually doing a capable job of making the project sound well mastered in the run-down to its release. We as people just want to put all that behind us as the project unveiling comes over.

Now Lugia, please make like Star Salzman and "Shut the Fuck Up" :?

8O Rexy, your innocence! *cry* In other news, I think thread waded through a bunch of poo, and has finally made it to the other side in good standing. Nice work. :)

A quick hookup on the status in terms of "engineering":

IN-DEPTH ENGINEERING:

- Schala and the Queen 80%

- To Far Away Times 90%

- Manifest Destiny 60% (it takes time, due to the reproduction)

I guess I'll simply try to mix up "In Search of the Light" with careful engineering rather than reproducing it. Will be a last minute "choice"

MASTERING:

5% (preparations)

Kinda missing:

Unknown/Tyler Heath. He promised me to send me his files a couple of days ago. I already asked over at the Soundtempest channel what's up, but if anybody see's him, please remind him to get back to me. I won't even bite. I just wanna know what's up...

SIDENOTE:

I try to work as fast as I can, but due to "Murphy's Law" in terms of certain issues (Studio Hardware mostly) and health issues (piercing headaches) I can't focus on the material 24/7. I still try to reach for a mid october release, chances are that it's minimal delayed again (sorry). uhm... yeah.

Back to work... after a small break.

I just talked to a friend of a friend of mine, and he says he'd be willing to host a mirror. I don't know the exact numbers, but I know he's got tons and tons of bandwidth that's hosting not much more than a few webpages and a small forum.

So Claado, you can put that down on the list of mirrors for Chrono Symphonic. I'll PM you the details as soon as I get a hold of them.