Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

Yeah, you pretty much have the idea of it. Basically, you take a song and make it sound cleaner, by adjusting various stereo fields and whatnot/whathaveyou. I, also, have not experience with the details, but Compy can probably give you a better idea of what's going on.

As for the "it'll be released post 1 of page 100" idea you had mikelee, if we HAPPEN to have 100 pages when the project gets released, then that would be some serious foreshadowing. But I have no idea when it'll actually be released (except to say that it'll be relatively soon), so don't place any deadlines down. I will, however, give you at least a few days' notice as to the official release (day/time EST), ensuring everything is in place. And yes, it will be advertised elsewhere, so don't fret about missing the release. You'll be WEEEEEEELL aware of the exact time it takes place, I assure you.

~.C.S.~

You'll be WEEEEEEELL aware of the exact time it takes place, I assure you.

Unless you lose the internet, or worse, die between now and then. :P

I will not respond to threats of violence. My project gets released first, fated foe...you must wait your turn to claim world domination.

~.C.S.~

I meant "you" as in the people you were talking to. Not YOU personally. :P

Piejacked wrote:

Chrono Trigger sux and your script is worse than

shit. Darkesworde can't do orchestral, all he can

do is retarded syruppy faux-saxamophone dealies.

"Where am i... better yet when am i"

rotfl when am i

CT tributes are for nostalgic losers go to the bar

and get a life.

I feel smart.

What?

CT sucks? what the hell are you talking about?

CT is one of the best RPG's ever made!

and the music is just freaking awesome.

Piejacked wrote:

Chrono Trigger sux and your script is worse than

shit. Darkesworde can't do orchestral, all he can

do is retarded syruppy faux-saxamophone dealies.

"Where am i... better yet when am i"

rotfl when am i

CT tributes are for nostalgic losers go to the bar

and get a life.

I feel smart.

What?

CT sucks? what the hell are you talking about?

CT is one of the best RPG's ever made!

and the music is just freaking awesome.

You should not take his post at face value. He is merely attempting a crude form of satire. Besides, it's already lost in the pages and pages of this thread. Any response to his post would be in vain.

Don't know why they cut the Singing Mountain part from the game, but the song lives on - Track 07, Revelation of Fire, is based on the Kingdom Trial/Singing Mountain tracks. So no worries.

~.C.S.~

Which reminds me...might be a good idea to find out the source tunes from each individual song. Would that be a wise decision?

I know for sure that most of the Stoneage parts were discarted for Chrono symphonic, then the title melodies of Ayla, Robo, Gato (Gonzales), Singing Mountain, The Fair of Stars (the new fair), some of the battle tracks (however Magus and Lavos are present, don't sweat!), a couple of tracks out of AD2300 (Brother Jimmy and his racetrack, the sewer track, depressing overworld music, etc) and one of my favourites: Spekkio.

But yeah... an update in terms of "source tunes" would be nice also for possible OCR releases. Then again (to do some more spoilers) a lot of tracks are using a mix out of different tunes. "Schala and the Queen" for example uses the Queen Zeal's Theme and a transition to Magus' Theme (to those who played Chrono Trigger, you know why! hehe). Reuben Kee uses a part of "To good Friends" in his mix. Etc.

I guarantee you that you will have an experience as if you'd walk through a story with your mind. Only that the story isn't told by a narrator, but by the music itself. Those who played Chrono Trigger will fall back into memories, and those who didn't play it yet will certainly want to play it after listening to it.

I keep you updated. ;)

On "Singing Mountain," I always imagined that song would be great for a somber scene after (OMG SPOILERS ALERT DONT READ IF U HAVENT PLAYED TEH GAME LOL) Crono dies. It has such a melancholy tone to it, I can picture Marle standing on a cliff dealing with her grief. Anyway, just a random thought. Seriously looking forward to the day when Chrono Symphonic is done. Keep up the good work.

VolrathBlacksteele, Track 07 has Singing Mountain in it immediately after the 2300 A.D. video is shown of the world being destroyed by Lavos. Does that qualify as a melancholy scene, perchance?

Wonderful, all the Chrono discussion has been clipped by some vengeful ass.

Actually, it was Liontamer, and I agree with his decision. It was really getting a little out of hand. I probably should've done it myself sooner, and unfortunately I didn't. However, what's done is done, so let's just try and keep the conversation to something ACTUALLY Chrono Symphonic related.

I mean, come on. Posting writeups of CT/CC/RD connections is fine and all in good fun, but it's a bit unnecessary.

~.C.S.~

Let's start with something else to get a bit more curious about the feedback so far.

I know a lot of you heard the demos that were posted earlier. Now Chrono Symphonic will be released "soon". What do you think that it'd sound like, what hopes to you have, what fears, what do you expect in general - and what do you want to see/hear compared to other projects from OCR/VGMix/OUS/etc?

I'm a bit curious here.

Shit, that whole Claado + Kyle nexus should be chopped as well, I hardly see how that's relevant to anything.

Thing is, that's like four posts long. The other stuff took up almost 3 pages, so that's why the so-called "drastic" action was taken, I suppose. Four posts won't do any damage.

As for Compy's question, my main concerns are: every song should have comparable amounts of reverb, and be listenable at the same volume as all the others (a feat none of the other projects has yet accomplished). Anything else, in all honesty, would just be toppings. Unless, of course, someone else can come up with another idea...

~.C.S.~

Well, I saw the FreeWebs site that had the in-progress versions of about half the Symphonic songs. The site that was up before the current one, I mean. My hope is that with all the time that has been taken to improve and tweak and shiny up the songs, they'll be even better than I saw on the FreeWebs site. I know that the "To Far Away Times" demo has vocals, which is a drastic change from the old version on FreeWebs, but the "Inciting Incident" doesn't sound different to me, which worried me a little. Even if it sounds ten times better to a skilled remixer, if it doesn't sound different to Joe/Jane Average Music Listener after all this time, then I don't think it's achieved its goal. Unless the Incident demo isn't all remastered and shiny, which it may not be. Or, maybe it's just that I need to listen to the two side-by-side and really listen.

What I want to hear? Epic movie-style music, which is what this is aiming for, and what I think I'll hear. I'm a little weary of the trance and jazz and such that is creeping into game remixes, so I'm glad to see that this music is going back to the orchestral epic stuff and making them movie-like, rather than modern-band-like (in terms of style, not instrumentation. Everyone loves a good electric guitar and synths and such when they fit.).

I also hope to hear a version of Magus' Theme that manages to keep its melody intact and prominent enough to hear. Somehow so many remixes manage to shred or drown out that melody, even though I know there are some that don't. I'm hoping for Lucca's Theme in there somewhere, as well as Queen Zeal's creepy-mysterious theme, though I'm not sure if they'll be there.

Despite all my wonderings and worries and hopes, I'm sure that whatever you guys give to us will rock the world several times over. It's hard to tell expectations; I feel like I'm criticizing you or something by telling you what I want, not what you guys have worked hard to create.

...So will it be out before December? Maybe?

Lucca, Magus and Zeal are on the OST. To revive some infos that're already known (and shuffled over the pages):

2 CDs, CD1 is Fire and Light, CD2 is Shadow and Ice

While the first CD focuses mainly on our heroes and the "general timetravel", the second CD will mainly focus on "The Dark Ages" and the gruesome battles our heroes will face. And CD2 starts off with "Manifest Destiny", a remix of "Zeal's Theme".

And yeah, it'll be released "before" December.

THen you will surely love most of CD2... especially "Schala and the Queen", though I'm still not happy with the reverb of the vocals (finetuning... yay!!!).

"Manifest Destiny" is a remix of the SPC Tune "Corridors of Time", "Schala and the Queen" is a mix out of "Schala's theme" shuffled a bit with "Zeal's Palace" and "Magus' Theme". I can be mistaken on "Zeal's Palace" - after listening through the SPC's I didn't find all sources at once. Pixie and EllyWu know it better for sure. But trust me, it's haunting and agressive at the same time.

Whoops... even more spoilers... heh, sorry. :P

I'm assuming this means 11:59 PM on November 30th. :P

I'm not a member of Steinberg who say "will be released in August" (as they did with SX3.1) and then they release it at the very last day with tons of bugs. ;)

Ah yeah, if it goes by me, it'd be GMT+1. That means: EST is like 9h behind my timezone. If we release it 11:59PM in central europe, it'd be 2:59PM EST. But if we release it at 11:59 PM EST, it's 8:59 AM GMT+1. Enough confused?

To be honest, that's a thing to decide for Claado and DJP when it comes out. I provide the files, a couple of days later it's on oCR, the project page is updated and at least 3 seeders are providing the files.

Ah yeah, if it goes by me, it'd be GMT+1. That means: EST is like 9h behind my timezone. If we release it 11:59PM in central europe, it'd be 2:59PM EST. But if we release it at 11:59 PM EST, it's 8:59 AM GMT+1. Enough confused?

Awesome, that's my timezone aswell. Finally a good use for it.

Thing is, that's like four posts long. The other stuf took up almost 3 pages, so that's why the so-called "drastic" action was taken, I suppose. Four posts won't do any damage.

As for Compy's question, my main concerns are: every song should have comparable amounts of reverb, and be listenable at the same volume as all the others (a feat none of the other projects has yet accomplished). Anything else, in all honesty, would just be toppings. Unless, of course, someone else can come up with another idea...

~.C.S.~

See, you totally missed the point. To my understanding it's now a crime to talk about the game the project was derived from. Deleted posts because apparently they were irrelevant. Same could be said for a quite a few other posts in this thread. But i'm not going to touch base on this topic no longer. Nazi modding is nazi modding, i can't do anything about that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law (DS knows) :lol:

Wonder when the project will officially be out though? Christmas wouldn't be a bad date, and many would be around to get it and enjoy it during the holiday! Then Andrew gets loads of PayPal donations to either fund the actual movie or line his pockets.