Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

I am drowning in drool. The voices in Schala and the Queen! They make me melt with total happiness and awe and ALL THAT. I am dancing in my chair! I was hoping it would be even cooler than before. The way-back-when WIP was awesome, but this...WHOA.

You all own the world. All you people that helped. :)

Do the lyrics mean anything in another language?

(And your accent is cool. You sound so much happier compared to you yelling at us to shut up about release dates ;))

The lyrics are in japanese and the translation (or the original english ones) will be released along with the track. If you think this sounds already good, then wait till the final version (cause I'm still working on it, among with other tracks).

And be happy that you don't hear me shouting to keep quiet, even though I could record that. heh.

The lyrics are in japanese and the translation (or the original english ones) will be released along with the track. If you think this sounds already good, then wait till the final version (cause I'm still working on it, among with other tracks).

And be happy that you don't hear me shouting to keep quiet, even though I could record that. heh.

wow.. so we have Vocalists in here that can sing in Japanese?.. thats amazing and very interesting as Im thinking of composing a J-Pop/Fantasy song.

Anyways, this track really sounds promising, It sounded very nice.. and Im sure it will be a great release! :D

Someone has to send a link when this is released to Yasunori Mitsuda, I think he'd really like it.

Really looking forward to the release of this. I have a feeling the tracks will be staying on my playlist for a long time. Great work Compy.

Sounding good as always compy :)

Ok, i was looking on the internet and i came across this..

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?story=22

basically it says

"That was just... wow. Amazing! Me and my friends cornered Tommy before he got inside and had a chat with him about OCRemix and the Chrono Symphonic CD. I got a hug (and an autograph) from him! *fanboys over it and drools*. Definitely coming back next year. Best night of my life."

Was that someone here? or are there random people talking to tommy tallarico about CS?

either way woo publicity!

Tommy Tallarico knows about Chrono Symphonic? Really?

That's perhaps the coolest thing I've ever heard. Only slightly better would be Yasunori Mitsuda e-mailing me about the project. I would die.

Holy sh*t this is badass. Thanks for the link, ellywu. Sweetness.

I have a question. Will there be a bittorrent of this project? Will there be a bittorrent with lossless files?

The torrent will be lossless files (if memory serves...) and the downloads from the site will be MP3, for ease of download. Compy has that all wrapped up in a box shrouded in secrecy and an enigma here and there, but it will be high-quality stuff no matter how it rolls. Eh?

(P.S. No, I'm not Canadian. I'm from Delaware. Feast on that juicy tidbit.:roll:)

~.C.S.~

I must have listened to that comparison 30 times trying to get a clear idea of the difference. Tell me if I'm not too far off, but it sounds like the music has a bit more depth to it, with the treble being clearer and the bass more defined. From the small snipit it's hard to tell how much of an overall difference to the quality of the sound this process has done, but I imagine it will be significant. Hopefully all the songs will mirror the quality of that small snipit :)

I must have listened to that comparison 30 times trying to get a clear idea of the difference. Tell me if I'm not too far off, but it sounds like the music has a bit more depth to it, with the treble being clearer and the bass more defined. From the small snipit it's hard to tell how much of an overall difference to the quality of the sound this process has done, but I imagine it will be significant. Hopefully all the songs will mirror the quality of that small snipit :)

Well significant changes are the panning and mix in general. I just messed with "Manifest Destiny" that was hard to reconstruct (still working on it, as I also work on "Schala and the Queen"). Compared to the original it has a completely different mix in terms of volume (instruments) and panning.

And this counts to almost all tracks. Of course you can't get the "very same sound", but I tried to get a unity out of everything.

And Tommy Talarico is interested in C.S.?

Woha! Even more preasure. I also contacted Bob Katz as I started working on it. Leading audioengineer in terms of mastering standards. Oh... hell... yeah...

Sounding good as always compy :)

Ok, i was looking on the internet and i came across this..

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?story=22

basically it says

"That was just... wow. Amazing! Me and my friends cornered Tommy before he got inside and had a chat with him about OCRemix and the Chrono Symphonic CD. I got a hug (and an autograph) from him! *fanboys over it and drools*. Definitely coming back next year. Best night of my life."

Was that someone here? or are there random people talking to tommy tallarico about CS?

either way woo publicity!

I was the one who talked to him about OCReMix and Chrono Symphonic, but not the one who hugged him. It was probably my friend John. There is another person who was there with me who's on these boards (COUGH COGH operawonderdude). Boards are down so I don't know who posted it.

Updated the front page. The release is now THIS WEEK (as per it being Sunday), and (now don't quote me on this) the projected release date is December 22, this Thursday night, EST. Yet again, PROJECTED, so don't make plans quite yet.

Also, I figure I should give you all something to chew on:

WHICH PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SONG ARE YOU WAITING TO HEAR THE MOST?

>Track 05 - Darkness Dueling (LunarHeart)

>Track 06 - Lucca's Arrival (Zas)

>Track 07 - Revelation of Fire (Claado Shou)

>Track 08 - Hymn of Valor (Red Omen)

>Track 14 - Door to the End of Time (Blake Perdue) [to be posted on release date]

>Track 17 - The Third Guru (Claado Shou)

>Track 18 - Beneath the Surface (Rellik)

>Track 20 - Crono's Dream (DarkeSword)

>Track 22 - A Parting of Ways (Unknown)

>Track 23 - The Last Stand (RoeTaKa)

>Track 24 - The New Beginning (Sleepy Emp)

Please post some responses.

~.C.S.~

Revelation of Fire or Lucca's Arrival. It's about time someone did something good with Lucca's theme. It's an under-appreciated piece of music.

Also, even though it was previously released, I can't wait for the improved version of Confronting the Mystic. The melody was so buried in drums last time -- is it still drowned out like that? The melody was the best part of the original song...

I guess I let sephire take care of that (along with the collab with him and SirRus). Also have an ear out for "Schala and the Queen" (now that I finished it) and "Manifest Destiny" (which also was just completely reconstructed).

Some tracks couldn't be reconstructed or improved in terms of postproduction, due to HDD crashes, already deleted files, etc:

Track 09: Frog's Intervention (ellywu2)

Track 21: The Chrono Trigger (Russell Cox)

SE02: In Search of Light (SirRus - still hope he get's to me in time)

SE03: Determination (or Determinded) - PLBenjaminZ

So, sorry if they will sound a bit out of place in the final product.