Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

You can't be serious. AGAIN!??! Can't you just release the damn thing?

Just whip something up in html or something, just give us a page with a bunch of raw text links.

I beg of you, I am losing faith. When it was promised before New Years Eve... I didn't believe it. Please give me something to believe in!

Agreed. I could actually care less about what the website that hosts the files looks like (I do agree that Chrono Symphonic does deserve the high quality stuff starzander can produce, but that can wait), just do something like a soft opening of it and create a temporary page for a few days.

I think everyone agrees that we just want to hear what is going to be one of the best projects to be released on this site. Whatever the case, keep up the great work everyone. :D

Edit: Alright, I sort of overlooked the issue of what was actually being edited on the site. For some reason I thought it was only the page's design, not the random scripting for the links. That definitely would warrant a delay as stressing out bandwidth is a bad thing.

Somebody add another 10 days to the project release, just to annoy people! Haha.

Seriously people, waiting is for people at the back of the line, do something else with your time and wait!

The baby is a little overdue but I'm sure with some drugs the whole thing will speed up a little quicker.

You will go deaf if I hear another peep out of you mister!

rarar.

Time to go partaaaay!

I agree with Last Crusader, Zircon, and TheWanderer. Just get it out there; so many of us don't care if the website is sparkling. The point is the music, and we've been waiting for the music. Why not just release the finished music when it's done and then put the website in with the "special, highly slicked-up with new content"-edition package? Then, people who want all the extras will have a site o' awesomeness to boot, but people will still get the music. It's not like we won't go back to see the special edition, anyway. I will, at least, for sure. For the sake of having it out in 2005, which would be such a cool New Years gift...why not?

You can't be serious. AGAIN!??! Can't you just release the damn thing?

Just whip something up in html or something, just give us a page with a bunch of raw text links.

I beg of you, I am losing faith. When it was promised before New Years Eve... I didn't believe it. Please give me something to believe in!

Agreed. I could actually care less about what the website that hosts the files looks like (I do agree that Chrono Symphonic does deserve the high quality stuff starzander can produce, but that can wait), just do something like a soft opening of it and create a temporary page for a few days.

I think everyone agrees that we just want to hear what is going to be one of the best projects to be released on this site. Whatever the case, keep up the great work everyone. :D

Why would we want any aspect of the project to be rushed if we've been willing to wait this long? My only gripe with this delay is that now it's going to be released at the beginning of the month. That means my unused bandwidth for december (a considerable amount) will be squandered.

oh well..

It's not about having a pretty site, it's about showing a little courtesy to those of us about to serve up >100MB worth of MP3s to hundreds of people free of charge. The load needs to be distributed, or one or two servers are going to be saturated and unusable for the duration, while all the others sit there doing nothing because human nature is to just click the first link.

Personally, my server has other things to do, too, like handling email and serving up several websites. I've got a ton of bandwidth to spare, but I can't afford to have everyone who wants to download Chrono Symphonic hit my server at once. The load needs to be distributed among the mirrors as much as is practical.

I agree with Last Crusader, Zircon, and TheWanderer. Just get it out there; so many of us don't care if the website is sparkling. The point is the music, and we've been waiting for the music. Why not just release the finished music when it's done and then put the website in with the "special, highly slicked-up with new content"-edition package? Then, people who want all the extras will have a site o' awesomeness to boot, but people will still get the music. It's not like we won't go back to see the special edition, anyway. I will, at least, for sure. For the sake of having it out in 2005, which would be such a cool New Years gift...why not?

Cause sometimes, the production, finishing the final package, ends up with a more enjoyable and complete looking project. It's like if you have cheese on toast and go "fuck it, im just gonna have dry toast cause I don't have time to go to the shops to buy myself some cheese, and maybe some worcester sauce to liven it up" YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!?! If I made time to go to the shop, I could get WORCESTER SAUCE with my cheese to go on the toast. The theory is - You wait a little longer, and your penis gets bigger. Same with the cheese and worcester and toast, and same with CHRONO SYMPHONIC. Wait a little longer and man, might get some ham with it too.

Lollercakes.

Anyway, at first I was thinking "are you fucking joking?" But on second thought, from everything I hear, this deserves to be a spectacular event, not a fade-in. Would you, today, tell the Binnie of the past to release KiC early, without the awesome site to pay visual tribute to its aural grandeur?

SZ, I know some of the frustration in web design. You take the time you need to make it tight; we'll all be grateful for your hard work.

Edit: and, after all, "you wait a little longer, and your penis gets bigger."

No... No... No... Sigh... Sigh... Sigh...

My new year was about to be a lot more happier ;_;

Maybe using text links (or a simple js snippet that displays a link at random between available mirrors) could save the day...

Anyway, thanks for trying to meet the deadline,

gkey

Cause sometimes, the production, finishing the final package, ends up with a more enjoyable and complete looking project. It's like if you have cheese on toast and go "fuck it, im just gonna have dry toast cause I don't have time to go to the shops to buy myself some cheese, and maybe some worcester sauce to liven it up" YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!?! If I made time to go to the shop, I could get WORCESTER SAUCE with my cheese to go on the toast. The theory is - You wait a little longer, and your penis gets bigger. Same with the cheese and worcester and toast, and same with CHRONO SYMPHONIC. Wait a little longer and man, might get some ham with it too.

Wow. Well put. :D

Stop whining.

Claado already apologized, and if StarZander can't get the distro script done in time, then you'll just have to wait. It's an important aspect that alleviates server stress.

It's not the end of the world. In any case, I'm going to lock this to prevent further complaining. Claado, since you're a coordinator, you can still post, bump, and reply. I'll also add Compy to the coordinators group so that he can post here as well.

I believe of all the posts made when I was gone, DarkeSword's was the best. Thank you for doing that.

All you people have to do is wait. I have to pack up everything I own, drive 20 hours to New York, and still find time to release the thing. StarZander has to get the script running properly on the site, and make the website proper because IT'S THE OFFICIAL RELEASE AND IT NEEDS AN OFFICIAL SITE. And DJP needs to operate remotely as well, and we all three need to coordinate our efforts.

So as DS put it, stop whining. Larry's words from before still live on..."nobody will remember the delay, only the project itself." It won't kill/maim/injure/insult/hurt you to wait. So wait.

~.C.S.~

I'd also like to ask the "mirrorers" to keep the files for themselves and not pimp them around anymore. You had the chance to listen to the project "sooner". But that doesn't mean you can tease all others. Please be fair.

If everything calms down a little, I'll think about unlocking this thread. Maybe I'll also post a small "demo" of Chrono Symphonic with all tracks like I did for "Hits & Misses" by Joe Cammisa, but only maybe. Else... like Larry and Claado said... the music is important, not how often it was delayed.

Till then...

I am sorry for bumping this, but this is damn ridiculous *sp*. How the hell can you guys seriously bicker about it not being released. Jesus christ. It isn't like those of you that are complaining actually DID ANYTHING to help the project!

The project will get out when it gets out. Be patient and shut the **** up.

If you had ANY respect for those putting their hard work into it, you would accept what is going on and keep quiet. jeez...

I feel the need to second that. It's one thing for fans to "support" the project when it's in full stride and making progress. It's quite another for those same fans to start whining when the project trips.

This project's been in the works for over a year. 400+ days. Surely just 4 days, less than 1% of this project's time, can be used to polish everything.

Claado, StarZander, and the musicians: I wish you all the best. :)

Now that anyone everyone has had a few days to cool off, I'm going to unlock this thread. If you have anything constructive to say, you can say it, but needless whining, complaining, moaning, etc is not welcome.

Please take note that even though it's 2006, we are still in the 10th anniversary year of Chrono Trigger, as the game was not released until mid/late 1995, so nobody missed the 10th anniversary and Chrono Trigger is still awesome blah blah blah.

This thread will remain open after the normal release comes out so that project members and the general community can discuss the pending release of the Special Edition.

All FEEDBACK/REVIEWS of Chrono Symphonic must be posted in the feedback and comments thread that will be created upon the release of the project. Any reviews that are written in THIS thread will be deleted. I made this text big because I just know that people are going to post reviews here anyway. You've been told the procedure in obnoxious, size 18, bolded text. Follow it, and don't complain when your review gets deleted.

Am I the only one that haven't complained AT ALL in this thread?..

I say take your time guys.. excellent work needs time sometimes..

Ill be here when its released.. :D cheers..

And I think the website should be up at the same time as the music is released, not after, it would feel like everything is in pieces.. so I stand by that decition..

I think much of what was interpretted as whining was more actually an expression of frustration. When such a beloved project stumbles "for reasons beyond control," it creates a feeling of helplessness for many fans, myself included. It's hard watching something you care about falter and not being able to do anything about it. Frankly, I'm surprised more fans haven't voiced their enthusiasm for this project. I apologize on behalf of any comments that were perceived as threatening or seemed to question the decision to delay the project further, but hopefully the project team can see that many of these comments were born out of devoted affection, not selfishness, particularly from the many of us who have followed this project since its inception more than a year ago.

The first and foremost priority is to release an outstanding project, and, if that means taking some extra time, that's fine with me.

<3 Compy, Claado Shou, StarZander, each and every one of the track artists, all the mirrorers, and anyone else I missed.