Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

I know the thread has swung a bit from "thanks" to "terrabytes," but considering I've been following this project since thread page 20 or so and have contributed nothing, I wanted to voice my appreciation to Claado, Compy, StarZander and everyone working on the project. Sorry I'm a bit late in doing so. ;) CT has been my favorite RPG (one of my fave games period) since I first played it in 97, and I've been waiting for something like this to come along. Of all the game music I've heard and loved, I can't think of any soundtrack I'd rather hear orchestrated than this. My hat's off to you all for pulling it off- it's like a dream come true, guys.

No pressure or anything. ;)

Would it be difficult to simply release WAVs rather than a CD iso? I would think it would be more inconvenient considering many people have MP3 players now, and all of us here obviously listen to quite a bit of music on our computers. I know at least a few people (myself included) that would simply mount the image, rip it with DBpoweramp to WAVs, and then never touch the thing again. It would be no extra effort on your part to just release WAVs rather than an iso, as far as I'm aware.

What are your thoughts on this?

Like I told you already... I won't release a FLAC/mp3 version this time. If that's a waste of space in times of 400+GB HDDs... your thing. Final word on that.

The main computer I use has a HD of just under 20 gigs. My new computer has under 30. In fact, I don't know anybody who has a computer with over 100 gigabytes.

So you don't know me? Me and my 200+ gigs of hard drive space are sad... :(

I anxiously await the release.

Teehee.

Is anyone actually using them? I've gotten a few people mentioning they'd like versions with no logo or quote on them whatsoever. It's still related to the project, but it's not as much of an advertisment as the original. Anyone want unblemished versions? I'm up for it if people are after it.

Well Eon, I can definitely say I'm using them, on my laptop, as I'm actually running it on 1024x768. My desktop, like I would imagine most people's computers, is at a higher resolution (mine's 1280x1024), so a hi-res version would certainly be appreciated.

Another thing I am doing though, is making "promotional" bookmarks (print them out on card stock paper, use a paper cutter to cut out) for Chrono Symphonic. It's just something I do whenever I encounter images that have the right proportions, and in this case it happened to be your sig. You wouldn't happen to have a higher-resolution version of that, would you (currently I'm printing it on just over 100 dpi, which is barely tolerable)?

If this works well maybe I'll post a snapshot of what one of these bookmarks looks like... :)

Mike

P.S. -- sephiroth2122, the easiest way to deal with an ISO would probably be to burn it onto a CD, which you can do with just about any CD burning software out there. The software that came with my computer (RecordNow) does it nicely, but there are other things like ISOBuster and such that you can download that should work.

P.P.S. -- <3 all who've worked on this project... and many thanks for your hard work and your ability to put up with all the unwarranted and uncalled for flak that you've taken over the course of the project. Looking forward to hearing it!

i like downloading the projects in ISO format, because its an image of the cd, so i wont screw something up if i try to make myself like if there needs to be a 0 second time pause between tracks. plus its jsut much more easier to handle as an iso. one file, with all the trackson it.

Is anyone actually using them? I've gotten a few people mentioning they'd like versions with no logo or quote on them whatsoever. It's still related to the project, but it's not as much of an advertisment as the original. Anyone want unblemished versions? I'm up for it if people are after it.

Well Eon, I can definitely say I'm using them, on my laptop, as I'm actually running it on 1024x768. My desktop, like I would imagine most people's computers, is at a higher resolution (mine's 1280x1024), so a hi-res version would certainly be appreciated.

Another thing I am doing though, is making "promotional" bookmarks (print them out on card stock paper, use a paper cutter to cut out) for Chrono Symphonic. It's just something I do whenever I encounter images that have the right proportions, and in this case it happened to be your sig. You wouldn't happen to have a higher-resolution version of that, would you (currently I'm printing it on just over 100 dpi, which is barely tolerable)?

If this works well maybe I'll post a snapshot of what one of these bookmarks looks like... :)

Mike

P.S. -- sephiroth2122, the easiest way to deal with an ISO would probably be to burn it onto a CD, which you can do with just about any CD burning software out there. The software that came with my computer (RecordNow) does it nicely, but there are other things like ISOBuster and such that you can download that should work.

P.P.S. -- <3 all who've worked on this project... and many thanks for your hard work and your ability to put up with all the unwarranted and uncalled for flak that you've taken over the course of the project. Looking forward to hearing it!

Whoa. Bookmarks. YES. And I'd like to have a higher res version of that pic w/ quotes too. I am also on 1280x1024 and would appreciate one. Keep rockin Eon.

Technically, it would have been possible to do a limited December release, since many of us mirrors have bandwidth apportioned on a monthly basis and anything that's not used at the end of the month gets rolled over, meaning that there wouldn't have been a lot of need to worry about distributing server stress equally. However, that wouldn't have been fair or particularly smart... just possible. I support the decision to delay it.

Equin: So they are overburned? Hmm, I thought I saw some CD's that had a 900 meg limit and thought that SOMEHOW they managed to put the sectors even closer together or compact more data into each sector. Of course, how in the world most burning programs can account for that change, I dunno...

wat: The version of "To Far Away Times" was actually posted some time ago on ocremix.org. I hope that helps. Good stuff too, probably the best fan-based version I have not only heard of it, but in VGM in general.

I still dunno what the problem is with releasing ISO's. Seriously, this is actually the best for everyone. You get the ISO form and can rip it into any format your heart desires. It only requires a little (and I do mean little) work on your part. Everyone wins.

Woha woha... hold on a second with all the OT stuff (wich the ISO thing). And gimme a minute to answer the questions.

Technically, it would have been possible to do a limited December release, since many of us mirrors have bandwidth apportioned on a monthly basis...

Technically... But Murphy's Law struck and things like that can always happen. No need to whine about that. It will be out when it's out.

Question for anyone in the know- which version of Far Away Times ended up on the album? Orchestral or non orchestral?

"To Far Away Times" will come out as Piano and Vocal version. The orchestra version wasn't planned to be released and was a mistake to be published earlier. Sorry.

I've got ants in my pants.

HELP...ME...

Well... then take a shower! And don't crawl around anymore in the woods (especially on ant hills).

REally now... like Aurora Firestorm quoted again, and Claado said yesterday. The releasedate will be at that "day" when all three get together at the same date. Didn't happen yesterday though. Else you would have seen the release on the mainpage.

Patience... we're still in the 10th Anniversary year. Till september 2006 to be precise

Technically, it would have been possible to do a limited December release, since many of us mirrors have bandwidth apportioned on a monthly basis...

Technically... But Murphy's Law struck and things like that can always happen. No need to whine about that. It will be out when it's out.

I wasn't whining! That's not fair! How dare you accuse me of whining! I can't believe you'd think I'm dissatisfied with anything you've done! I hate you! You're not my real mom! Go away!

(<3 Compy)

Awesome, SZ. Sorry about the puking and all...as Compy always says, "Murphy's Law", so...

PM/e-mail me back what times you're available today, when you have the site finished, and then I might be able to coordinate with DJP. And then...who knows.

Also, try and be on either AIM or IRC today. We'll get it working.

~.C.S.~