Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic - History

Claado Shou

I thought I'd update you people on the current statistics on the amount of people who've visited the Chrono Symphonic website.

Up until September, we had about 30 unique visitors every day (30 different people, not just regular hits), but on september 3rd, it spiked at 99 unique visitors, and since then the average has been about 70 unique visitors every day.

When the full project is released, this will probably increase like crazy, but I just thought you should know how everyones interest in this projects is.

Btw, we're had over 8000 hits now.

A small update for the time being.

While I'm still looking for ellywu (help!!!) - and Russel Cox, though it's not that important here - I'll give you a small update on the status.

Along with sephire, I'm taking over the in-depth mixing/postproduction of SirRus' tracks "Morning Sunlight" (in sephire's hands), "Manifest Destiny" and "Search of the Light" now. Might take me a bit till I'm used to Reason in Rewire mode again, but I guess I have the stuff done in the next days. Also I'll do the in-depth mixing of Reuben Kee's and Pixietricks' track "To far away Times".

Then again I still need a handful of files. Namely from ZAS (FM) who still didn't respond to my PMs, mv is trying to do what he can, then it's good to see Unknown (Tyler Heath) back in bussiness (hurricane strike wasn't as bad as expected in his area), ellywu of course *grrrr!* and also sephire though that's okay cause he just got the files on sunday.

The project is not dead yet and you still have kind of a "duty" to do. So please keep that in mind.

Anyway... I'm back to mixing. I'll keep you updated on the status from time to time. But as Claado already said in the short VGDJ EP#019 hookup, expect a mid October release.

Better late than never. ;)

I thought I'd update you people on the current statistics on the amount of people who've visited the Chrono Symphonic website.

Up until September, we had about 30 unique visitors every day (30 different people, not just regular hits), but on september 3rd, it spiked at 99 unique visitors

Wikipedia entry, baby.

Holy monkeypoo! I didn't know I was on there. That's cool. I'm being whispered in the wind. To some extent.

Don't blame me, I'm still trying to track down ellywu, but not even the "community" is helpful in that case. *GRRRRR!*

Good news on the other hand:

mv just sent me his fie, just have to check it if it's okay, but I guess it is cause he had luck that he could even restart the file. Same with ZAS, after a long delay I finally have his files. Sephire also contacted me this night with a new file from one of SirRus' tracks. So I'll get to that ASAP - private errants are also important.

I'm also still in the middle of mixing SirRus' and Reuben's track. Reconstructing the stuff isn't easy and takes time - especially because I'm not used to Reason anymore and he used samples that're not in Reason. I'll keep you updated.

So left is only:

- Unknown (I know that he was on VGMix yesterday - I understand the problems with the aftereffects of "Katrina", but I can't wait forever!)

- ellywu (same issue - that... <insert random coursing and swearing here>)

Later

Months is not true... one month ago it was the last time he postet at OCR, 14th September was the last time he was at VGMix. He could have at least answered our friggin' mails!

And the problem is... I can't kick him from the project either. So all comes together... used up 3 tracks in the project (3 essential ones at that too), vanishes and even ignores eMails.

End of story? Hell no!

This is only curiosity, but what happens if ellywu2 never resurfaces?

It's possible that somebody could attempt to reproduce his work (general arrangement, etc.). That way, his tracks would become a sort of collaboration between him and the reproducer, and we'd still be able to credit the tracks to him in some way. He DID contribute a lot of time and effort to this project, and if his tracks need to be handed over to someone else, it would be a shame to see all of his work go to waste ...

Hopefully he'll pop in very soon and eliminate any need to consider alternative solutions to the problem.