OCR01255 - Legend of the Mystical Ninja "Oedo Hop"

djpretzel

Excellent! I just love the rhythym, it feels exactly mathcing your exceptions when listening to the remix. Also there's a very nice changing of beats and parts combining many aspects of Goemon music together.

Just gotta love it, thanks a lot for this great remix!

I am ALWAYS psyched whenever someone remixes this game, since to me it one of the best and lesser known SNES games ever. This mix plays with an already catchy, bouncy tune and makes it so much more fun. I like this mix best right up until the vocal percussion - gets a bit choppy at that point but still so funky. So cool!

And I agree... it's time to do a remix compilation for this game! I've been pestering remixers for some time to remix the "White Mirror" theme in this game, afterall. ^__~

This song is enjoyable to the max. Bouncy happy tune keeps me going all day long.

I am not familiar with this game, but I think I will do some work to get ahold of it and try it out. The music seems to be great at least :wink:

AHHH. i remember another song I have of Palpables, 'Marble Dancefloor' - a classic tune which was well remixed i might add. >> ANywAyz, off topic, good stuff Palpy! (too short..) but 9.9/10

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Starts out a bit loud, but it sure as hell got my attention. :-)

The treatment is absolutely perfect for the source. Playful and upbeat, the constant adjustment of the accompaniment makes this unpredictably fun. A lot of the sound effects are silly, and the production is good.

A very creative and fun mix. Guaranteed to put you in a good mood. :-)

• 2 months later...

Recalling Vinnie talking about how disjointed the OCR submissions process is when it comes to letting someone know the status of their mix, I can't help but think of how much awesome stuff we could be missing out on like this. (I dunno how long it'll take, but real-time contact with artists on judges decisions is something we'll eventually have thanks to Vinnie's invaluable insight.)

djpretzel will be jealous when I admit that it was this track (and not his take on the same theme) that made me take notice of the "Legend of the Mystical Ninja" soundtrack.

Personally I went though the entire soundtrack looking for something as catchy as Odeo Town and didn't really find anything that resonated with me. But perhaps Vinnie, Dave or another mixer out there can prove me wrong with another exceptional, attention-grabbing mix like this one!

• 5 months later...

I recently discovered this, and it's pure gold. It's a great source, and it just gets hilarious. I think I actually loled when I heard it the first time, and it's night impossible to keep a straight face when listening to this track. Simply pwnsome. Definitely one of the coolest tracks on OCR. I'm surprised it's only got two pages of reviews.

• 1 year later...

This is super light-hearted, pure fun. Had I known of this mix when it came out, it would've been all over my OCR mix cds back then. Right next to Maze's Turtle Wave.

Strangely nostalgic.

The basses sounds very spc700, extremely groovy.

This being OCRemix, I'm almost weirded by the fact out that no one complained about the 1:47 lead sounding off-key and ruining the song for them or whatever. It threw me off for 2 seconds and then I just had a laugh. Great little wtf intermezzo man.

I'll listen to some more Palpable now, to be honest with ya I didn't know your music at all!

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01255 - Legend of the Mystical Ninja "Oedo Hop"