JHC - Are you ready for JHCompo?

JH Sounds

JHCompo is a 2-hour, weekly composition competition where entrants create original music based on the theme given. This all-gear, MP3-based compo is held every Tuesday, and was created as a place for musicians to hang out and hone their craft.

All the action happens at SolidComposer including the listening party, which is automated. For those new to the site: entrants must sign up for an account to upload their entries (in MP3 format) to the compo round page. The theme will appear at the start of the compo round. Once the 2-hour round is up, the listening party will start immediately at the compo round page. The compo is open to anyone, from beginners to the well-experienced.

The next round happens on February 21, 2012 at 5PM Pacific / 8PM Eastern.

http://solidcomposer.com/arena/compete/242/

See also the event page on Facebook and SolidComposer on Twitter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just a quick question: this is a competition to see who can compose the best tune based on the theme within a two hour time limit?

Seems interesting, maybe someday I'll have the technology to go through with it

Well "best" can be subjective, which is why the compo is reliant on a vote by participants and spectators. Glad to see that you're interested. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Just a quick question: this is a competition to see who can compose the best tune based on the theme within a two hour time limit?

Seems interesting, maybe someday I'll have the technology to go through with it

Neat idea, but my mouse kind of sucks and i don't know much music theory so i probably won't make anything good in that short of time.:razz:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Alright well, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. For the past few months the only person posting in this thread has been JH, with a steady stream of delete+bumps.

This competition isn't even run on the forums, so I don't really see the need for a thread. Generally I'm willing to let that kind of thing slide (OHC) but there is no actual discussion going on here; just a steady stream of spam from a single user.