EWQL Hollywood Strings Gold Edition

Moseph

EWQL has released a stripped-down version of Hollywood Strings for $795 (as opposed to the full version's $1495).

This is mostly just a heads-up to anyone interested, I guess, although if you happen to have used Hollywood Strings, do share your opinion of it. I'm thinking about getting a new strings library, although HS Gold may still be a bit beyond my budget.

Does anyone ever buy any of EW's products at full price now?

Something is perpetually on sale there, I think they try to take advantage of the, "OMG IT'S A LIMITED TIME SALE GET IT QUICK (or else you'll have to wait 3 months when the same product will go on same again)".

:)

The thing you have to remember is that EWQLSO is like 5 years old.

Yeah, but it's like that with all their new libraries. They price their products at a premium at first because they know working composers and other pro producers will buy it pretty much immediately. Then, once they've tapped that segment of the demand curve, they move down on it slowly to get everyone else. Brilliant, really.

I bought LASS last month and definitely have not regretted it. While I can't speak to HS/HS Gold as a user, I preferred the LASS demos and the system requirements are really not bad at all.

I'm kinda lost haha. What is LASS?

I haven't heard demos or anything but Hollywood strings seems to offer a lot of control. it's more than what many of us need, it's possible to get a good sound for much less.

Oh sorry, LASS = Los Angeles Scoring Strings.

http://www.audiobro.com/

It's a very powerful string library. The full version is $1200 but it also has some less expensive versions. I love the sound of it, personally. It is slightly less featured than Hollywood Strings but some people consider it to sound better (I'm one of them!)