Portal 2

Rambo

I just saw the trailer for the co-op missions in Portal 2. Then I came here to say how psyched I am for this game in a Portal 2 thread, but there was none.

The other videos that Valve has posted look pretty cool too. I haven't checked them all out yet though, because I want to surprised by the new elements on my first play through. Will it be better than the original?

I will start this post by pointing out that Valve has still not made HL2:E3, and how much that saddens me.

If you agree, mark the beginning of any subsequent posts with an asterisk (*). That way, we can silently mark that we all share this opinion without derailing the thread.

---

I am so excited for this game but it looks so good I am not even sure if my computer will be able to handle it

Portal 2 will definitely be a "drop everything else and get right to it" game when it comes out for me, and the trailers just make me even more excited for how similar yet progressively different this game will (hopefully) be. The fact that it will also be "a full size game," presumably a lot larger than Portal, is promising as well.

* I am actually really avoiding news on this game, I want to avoid being hyped up due to the fact that I can't see how any sequel can be better or as good as the Original.

And really, the co-op does seem a bit... hrm. I don't know many people on my friends list or in real life I would want to play this with for fear of stranglings that would take place during gameplay.

Granted, I have been surprised by a sequel being better than an unstoppable original in the past. Toy Story 2, anyone?

I was worried that they wouldn't find a smooth way to continue using GlaDos that was also believable but it looks like they've hit the nail right on the head with the new bots idea. I assume this is one of those set in the past dealies. Valve are generally awesome sauce when it comes to gameplay so I have full faith in this. I don't have full faith in the speed at which they release things but you've gotta wait for quality I suppose.

• 6 months later...

*.............*********************************

I'm just hoping they keep the insanely hard difficulty modes in. Just because I couldn't do them all in the first one doesn't mean I didn't have fun getting my brain twisted.

And this one had also better end with a totally awesome song, though I doubt the first one can be outdone.

*.............*********************************

I'm just hoping they keep the insanely hard difficulty modes in. Just because I couldn't do them all in the first one doesn't mean I didn't have fun getting my brain twisted.

And this one had also better end with a totally awesome song, though I doubt the first one can be outdone.

I can't help but feel that another song would just make it feel like a "sequel" rather than another awesome portal.

...yet I still want it...

I'm interested in the following:

1) How it is going to tie in with the Half-Life storyline (especially consideirng the cliffhanger at the end of HL2:E2, and the fact that Gabe Newell has seemingly forgotten that he has another Episode in the series to make for the last...what, four years?)

2) The co-op mode

3) If they're going to try to top "Still Alive". I don't think any song can do better than that, so any attempt will probably be done in vain. I could be wrong, though.

4) If this is the game where Chell gets nekkid.

I'm interested in the following:

1) How it is going to tie in with the Half-Life storyline (especially consideirng the cliffhanger at the end of HL2:E2, and the fact that Gabe Newell has seemingly forgotten that he has another Episode in the series to make for the last...what, four years?)

2) The co-op mode

3) If they're going to try to top "Still Alive". I don't think any song can do better than that, so any attempt will probably be done in vain. I could be wrong, though.

4) If this is the game where Chell gets nekkid.

IIRC, they said it wouldn't tie into the Half Life plot. Co-op is supposed to be just as long as singleplayer, and both are supposed to be longer than Portal. No idea about an endgame song.

Initial sketches showed Chell in another jumpsuit, but this image shows her being a lot more fanservicey. Not sure which one is going to be in the final product.