Portal 2

Rambo

IIRC, they said it wouldn't tie into the Half Life plot. Co-op is supposed to be just as long as singleplayer, and both are supposed to be longer than Portal. No idea about an endgame song.

Initial sketches showed Chell in another jumpsuit, but this image shows her being a lot more fanservicey. Not sure which one is going to be in the final product.

Lara Croft? What's she doing here?

• 3 weeks later...

If you've been following the Portal 2 Alternate Reality Game that has been going on for quite some time, you guys might have seen that this game might have a surprise early release tomorrow. A lot of signs point to it from the subtle to the not-so-subtle.

One of the clues left behind in the Portal 2 Alternate Reality Game is "4/19/2011_7AM=4/15/2011_9AM." which is Portal 2's original release date = Tomorrow. This also coincides with a recently revealed countdown timer: http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/

Also people on Steam who have already pre-loaded Portal 2 might have noticed that they had already downloaded a 292 MB Portal 2 Update.

We'll see tomorrow!

Yeah, I'm really starting to get fed up with this whole Potato thing. Like, what about those of us who really really want to play Portal 2, but don't really give a crap about the games in that pack?

a duh, then you wait until the day that it's supposed to be released?

What about those of us who pre-ordered a PS3 copy so we'd get it on PC and console? HUH? WHAT ABOUT US?

Seriously getting upset because a developer won't release a game before it's release date is the stupid reason to get upset that I've ever heard.

Next thing you know, people will be asking for Duke Nukem Forever a month early!

Edit: I did take this time to finally buy Super Meat Boy, only to remember my PC is dead until I get my replacement processor in.

WOMP WAH.

This is a repost of a post I made elsewhere, but still:

As strange as it sounds, today's announcement from GLaDOS was that Portal 2 would be unlocked earlier based on the number of CPU hours clocked in the 13 games in the Steam potato pack.

This means, by playing the PC version of any of these games, you help unlock Portal 2 on Steam early:

1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)

AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

AudioSurf

BIT.TRIP BEAT

Cogs

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Killing Floor

RUSH

Super Meat Boy

The Ball

The Wonderful End of the World

Toki Tori

Currently, the charts show that Killing Floor is the game in most need of players, while The Wonderful End of the World is in least need.

To that end, I have spun up both OCRTF2 Killing Floor servers. They are:

kf.ocrtf2.com

kf2.ocrtf2.com

* I am actually really avoiding news on this game, I want to avoid being hyped up due to the fact that I can't see how any sequel can be better or as good as the Original.

And really, the co-op does seem a bit... hrm. I don't know many people on my friends list or in real life I would want to play this with for fear of stranglings that would take place during gameplay.

Granted, I have been surprised by a sequel being better than an unstoppable original in the past. Toy Story 2, anyone?

*Stole the words right out of my mouth.

Although having new Portal Adventures sounds pretty cool. I hope the whole co-op thing doesn't mean the single player game is super short again and it relies on co-op to extend the length (and price) of the game....

Then again, it's kind of bizarre to imagine a Portal game longer than two hours. Eh who knows. Knowing my wallet and doubts I'll probably pick this up months later when it's cheaper and not hate it.

It looks like it could be pretty fun, but $50 worth? I don't know. The original was pretty damn short, and it was noticeably cheaper. So unless this game's about twice as long (or longer), I'm going to have a hard time justifying that pricing point to my wallet.

Then I'll be sure to let you know if it's awesome enough or not. ;-)

uh they have the highest number of cpu's on killing floor

I think it's most in need of people with potatoes

Which you can easily get by starting a local server and cheating to get the money. Then you can buy a potato at the shop easily.

EDIT: Sorry for double post. Truly sorry! :oops:

It looks like it could be pretty fun, but $50 worth? I don't know. The original was pretty damn short, and it was noticeably cheaper. So unless this game's about twice as long (or longer), I'm going to have a hard time justifying that pricing point to my wallet.

Each Portal 2 campaign (single player and coop) is supposed to be twice as long as the original.

Also, it's only $45 for the Steam version if you preorder it.

a duh, then you wait until the day that it's supposed to be released?

What about those of us who pre-ordered a PS3 copy so we'd get it on PC and console? HUH? WHAT ABOUT US?

Seriously getting upset because a developer won't release a game before it's release date is the stupid reason to get upset that I've ever heard.

Next thing you know, people will be asking for Duke Nukem Forever a month early!

I don't think it's that stupid to get upset over the entire Potato Pack thing in the first place. It isn't just about the release date...I've felt like this whole concept was goofy from the start. Setting up this whole ARG phenomenon across a bunch of titles is little more than a way of bribing people who otherwise don't care about those games to snap them up, and those of us who chose not to were cut off from all parts of the ARG. Last time Valve did something like this, when they first announced Portal 2, they used updates to the original Portal...which, y'know, makes sense as a place that fans of Portal could look and participate. I know I'm not the only one who's felt like this whole Potato thing sucks for those of us who are really really excited about Portal 2, but may or may not care about a random assortment of indie games on Steam. Having that very same set of games now being used to determine the release date is kind of the last straw.

I don't think it's that stupid to get upset over the entire Potato Pack thing in the first place. It isn't just about the release date...I've felt like this whole concept was goofy from the start. Setting up this whole ARG phenomenon across a bunch of titles is little more than a way of bribing people who otherwise don't care about those games to snap them up, and those of us who chose not to were cut off from all parts of the ARG. Last time Valve did something like this, when they first announced Portal 2, they used updates to the original Portal...which, y'know, makes sense as a place that fans of Portal could look and participate. I know I'm not the only one who's felt like this whole Potato thing sucks for those of us who are really really excited about Portal 2, but may or may not care about a random assortment of indie games on Steam. Having that very same set of games now being used to determine the release date is kind of the last straw.

You know in 4 days or less you won't give the slightest damn about it, right? :tomatoface: