Portal 2

Rambo

I was finishing up my potato collecting last night. I got the last one with 20 minutes left on the Glados@Home countdown. I still didn't get the early unlock for Portal 2 or the Valve Complete Pack added to my Steam games. Apparently midnight last night was the magic deadline (rather than the Glados@Home countdown), and I missed it by less than 10 minutes.

fuuuuuu.jpg

I was chatting with Powerlord via Steam at the time. I might even have made the midnight deadline if Killing Floor hadn't glitched out and refused to let me use the computer in the Aperture level. I messed with it for a while trying to get it to recognize me before I just quit and went to a different server.

Brush: I know the Potato Sack helmet carries over (unsurprisingly); that's the only one I have that did. It seems likely to me that only Genuine quality items carry over, but I don't actually have anything to base that on.

My Tyrant Helm carried over. Viking hats on Robots rule!

Although I generally make it a point not to care too much about hats in TF2 (a man could go crazy/broke getting sucked into that trap), this pleases me greatly. Makes me wonder if any of my other hats that would look hilarious on a robot carried over.

Some of the reviews discussed the dynamic music.

Does the soundtrack directly inform gameplay, such as Left 4 Dead? Or is the music responding to player activity rather than driving it?

Dynamic-ish in the sense that...the closer I get to this object, the louder it plays this repeating drumloop and bass line, I get closer to this object with an object in hand and it plays the same drumloop and bassline with another synth over it.

It's nothing amazing, but it's definitely effective.

Dynamic-ish in the sense that...the closer I get to this object, the louder it plays this repeating drumloop and bass line, I get closer to this object with an object in hand and it plays the same drumloop and bassline with another synth over it.

It's nothing amazing, but it's definitely effective.

Thanks! Just wondering if I should give it a mention in the conclusion of my research paper on L4D's communicative music. Looks like I could but wouldn't have to.

Oh man, that post is great. Hats invading Portal 2 was crazy enough, but I was pleasantly surprised to see my Mann Co. Cap pop up.

And the game itself...hnnnnng. I had to cut myself off around the start of Chapter 2 last night so I didn't manage to polish off half the game in one sitting. Soooooo good.

At some point after I went to bed last night, the games I didn't already own from the Valve Complete Pack got added to my account.

Fucking Valve, this is why I love you.

I imagine that after the initial check at midnight, they weren't updating potato status on the fly in order to avoid their servers getting raped even harder than they already were by Portal 2's release.

I'm sorry for everything I said, Valve! (Now get back to work on Episode 3 plz kthx)

Hey guys, apparently valve changed the complete pack reward to allow any duplicates to be giftable now too.

That's nice of them, except some of them are still missing... HL2:Ep2 and TF2 for example.

Oh well, TF2 and Orange Box both had price drops a few weeks before Portal 2's release anyway.