Portal 2

Rambo

I finished single player last night and just completed co-op. Overall I think it was an amazing experience. The single player plot was enjoyable, with twists of varying predictability. GLaDOS is comic gold as always.

My one real gripe with the game is how you're forced several times to hunt down sections of wall that can hold a portal in order to move on. In context it makes sense, but I feel it detracted from being creative with portal placement, which was a major reason I enjoyed Portal 1. It was frustrating to spend more time looking for a valid portal surface than actually progressing once I did.

The new puzzle elements add several layers of mindfuck to the equation. I'm really excited to see what custom map makers will come up with if/when the relevant tools get released.

My one real gripe with the game is how you're forced several times to hunt down sections of wall that can hold a portal in order to move on. In context it makes sense, but I feel it detracted from being creative with portal placement, which was a major reason I enjoyed Portal 1. It was frustrating to spend more time looking for a valid portal surface than actually progressing once I did.

Totally agree.

On another subject, I haven't had a chance to try co-op yet. Then again, I also haven't been bugging people about it, in case they're playing through the single player campaign yet.

My poor brother is a week away from final exams, so he hasn't even downloaded the game yet. I'm waiting on co-op until he's able to, so that should be a blast. I'm about halfway through the single-player chapter-wise (I think so, anyway), and it's just ridiculously awesome so far.

The single player campaign was a total blast, and the ending theme song was pretty great. I'm glad Coulton didn't try to out do "Still Alive." I have yet to find all the rat dens or all of the secrets in Chapters 6 and 7.

do we have a spoiler tag?

test.

Guess not :(

Totally agree.

On another subject, I haven't had a chance to try co-op yet. Then again, I also haven't been bugging people about it, in case they're playing through the single player campaign yet.

Speaking of which, I enjoyed co-op's puzzles much more than single player. There's probably several reasons for this, some of which are certainly subjective, but having 4 portals to work with in distinct pairs is really unique. The very last puzzle requires a particular logical leap that's used nowhere else in the game as far as I know.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know why the Pneumatic Diversity Vents weren't included in the final product? The trailer featuring them was hilarious. All I can think of is that its only real application seemed to be clearing a room full of turrets.

i knocked out the entire single player campaign last night. What a wonderful game. The story was really something else. I love all the new elements too, like the light bridges, gravity tunnels, lasers, and paints.

Didn't you start at like 8 o clock at night? Took me the whole day (of course I spent a lot of hours on Co Op with my friend)

I'm not sure you quite understood what I meant; The song doesn't sound like he laboured in an attempt to outdo his previous work. "Want You Gone" sounds like it came out organically, rather than trying to "beat" the success of "Still Alive." Harken back to Eminem's lyrics in "The Way I Am," how his label wanted him to repeatedly achieve the same results as "My Name Is" with new songs and he was aware that that methodology would fail him. :P

Single player campaign finished. Well done valve. Well done.

I was under the impression it was about 3 times as long as portal 1, but it didn't take me that long. I think I've gotten good at the portal mechanic (or perhaps there are a bunch of secrets I never bothered to get).