Portal 2

Rambo

I just wish I knew a way to get the soundtrack

And for anybody else who wants to take a peek at all the audio:

Get a GCF extractor (GCFScape is a good one) and open up:

Steam\steamapps\common\portal 2\portal2\pak01_dir.vpk

once opened up: root/sound/music

However a lot of the tracks are split up into different sections since the music is dynamic, but they are all there (except ONE important one [spoil]the opera is FMV, so no sound file[/spoil], unfortunately)

Thats the best we can get until the official OST comes out (which hopefully will)

Wheatly was freakin' hilarious. Anyone impressed by the sound design? They had some binarual mixed stuff for sure; you could close your eyes and imagine you were in said chamber.

They certainly did some interesting and immersive stuff in that regard, but I have to say, there was this one test chamber that I think would have had me ready to tear my ears off if I hadn't gotten through it any quicker. It wasn't a long or deeply involved puzzle, but the "music" had this kinda pulsating quality that just intensified the more you progressed and it got a bit annoying.

When I finished the single player I scratched my head as to how this would lead to a third game. Though playing the co-op seemed to silence that thought. They did indeed give openings to the game to allow sequels. Bravo Valve.

I can definitely see the opened vault of humans leading to a Portal MMOG. Also is it just me or did the landscape outside Aperture Labs looks way too pristine? Holodeck anyone? Certainly allows room for a Chell-centric sequel.

I can definitely see the opened vault of humans leading to a Portal MMOG. Also is it just me or did the landscape outside Aperture Labs looks way too pristine? Holodeck anyone? Certainly allows room for a Chell-centric sequel.

Given that 200 years have passed since the first portal, the war with the combine has probably been over for some time. Given that aperture is using a salt mine for their facilities, there probably wasn't anything of significance to the combine nearby, hence the relatively unscarred land.

So yeah.

Given that 200 years have passed since the first portal, the war with the combine has probably been over for some time. Given that aperture is using a salt mine for their facilities, there probably wasn't anything of significance to the combine nearby, hence the relatively unscarred land.

So yeah.

I know they make little cameos of Black Mesa in Portal, but is it definitely the same 'universe' as HL? I dunno, I'm inclined to believe not seeing as how the series' differ in genre, plot and atmosphere.

I know they make little cameos of Black Mesa in Portal, but is it definitely the same 'universe' as HL? I dunno, I'm inclined to believe not seeing as how the series' differ in genre, plot and atmosphere.

Aperture Science has a pretty prominent role in Episode 2. And its been said that Cell will have a standing impact on keu half-life characters

So yeah.

Where did you pull 200 from? The actual amount of time elapsed from portal 1 to 2 is never actually stated apart from when you wake up and the computer voice says you've under for 9999- whatevers, the actual timeframe could be in the thousands of years.

Personally, I'd rather not have a sequel at all after this point, I'm satisfied with this story end.

Episode 3 would supposedly taking place on (or center around) the Borealis, an Aperture-built cruiser/refueling ship with portal technology.

Considering at the end of Episodes 1 & 2, the Combine portal tech is disabled, I'd imagine Ep3 would be a mad-dash between Gordon, Barney, Alyx, and the resistance against the Combine and the Advisers to destroy the ship before the Combine reactivate the portal to their home dimension. Of course, considering how the endings of the HL series has been up to this point, at the end G-Man will just freeze time and open the portal to the Combine for lulz and then black-screen HALF LIFE TWO EPISODE 3 and credits roll.

I really wish this game would drop in price sometime. I feel that the game is roughly twice as long as its predecessor, but that still amounts to a relatively short (yet fun) game. $50 for a 12-hour game is not something I want to shell out at this moment...

Though if I wanted I guess I could buy the PS3 version at gamespot, take out the code, and sell it back and 'purchase' the game for roughly $35... But that's still alot.

Not being able to read any of these spoilers is killing me.

Episode 3 would supposedly taking place on (or center around) the Borealis, an Aperture-built cruiser/refueling ship with portal technology.

Considering at the end of Episodes 1 & 2, the Combine portal tech is disabled, I'd imagine Ep3 would be a mad-dash between Gordon, Barney, Alyx, and the resistance against the Combine and the Advisers to destroy the ship before the Combine reactivate the portal to their home dimension. Of course, considering how the endings of the HL series has been up to this point, at the end G-Man will just freeze time and open the portal to the Combine for lulz and then black-screen HALF LIFE TWO EPISODE 3 and credits roll.

I really wish this game would drop in price sometime. I feel that the game is roughly twice as long as its predecessor, but that still amounts to a relatively short (yet fun) game. $50 for a 12-hour game is not something I want to shell out at this moment...

Though if I wanted I guess I could buy the PS3 version at gamespot, take out the code, and sell it back and 'purchase' the game for roughly $35... But that's still alot.

Not being able to read any of these spoilers is killing me.

Don't forget that the co-op increases that to maybe 20+ hours, considering it also has a storyline... Considering the game play and mechanics packed into the "short" story, I'd say it's well worth the $50.

Um...there were plenty of opportunities to pick this game up for something like 35-45 bucks before it even came out. I mean obviously the game will drop in price or go on sale again, as all PC games do, but it's kind of silly to lament the price point of a game that just came out last week; never mind the fact that it's well worth 50 dollars as it is now anyway.