Portal 2

Rambo

Portal 2 was a good game.

HOWEVER

Without SDK it is not worth 50 admission. With being able to beat the game in under 6 hours, and no real reason to replay, it is just not worth the praise it is getting.

You beat campaign AND co-op in six hours? :P

I'm sure i will. I just don't think it's worth $50 to me at this point.

Of course you don't, you haven't beaten it :P

Actually says 9-9-9-9-9.....9-9-9-9-9 days(Found the audio file) So either it's extremely far in the future(If the repeat wasn't a glitch)...or it's around 270 years.

9,999,999,999 days is an extremely long time though and the facility would be in a much MUCH worse state

I think by even the first estimate plastics would've started to biodegrade; I hadn't searched for the audio file and was relying on what I heard during the sequence. I don't think it's possible for the Aperture complex to survive aeons as well as whatever cataclysms befell mankind due to the Black Mesa incident.

Actually says 9-9-9-9-9.....9-9-9-9-9 days(Found the audio file) So either it's extremely far in the future(If the repeat wasn't a glitch)...or it's around 270 years.

9,999,999,999 days is an extremely long time though and the facility would be in a much MUCH worse state

I thought the joke was that the 'day recording counter' maxed out indefinitely, so it could be thousands of days more than that.

Finished single player today, so here are my 2 cent:

So far the price was worth it already. You hardly see games these days that are so polished and well presented like Portal 2.

Sure it could have been longer, but I think it had an excellent pacing from start to finish and never ever got boring.

I will see how the co-op turns out which can be major fun when you play with the right people :)

I feel stupid for paying $59.99. Really stupid. |: <

Oh well. I'll just consider the additional cost as a donation to Valve for making such a quality game (if not the actual money, then the gesture of paying that much.).

I'll play some co op with you whenever PSN is up.

With all the hype surrounding this game, it occurred to me that I never played the first one despite owning the Orange Box for PS3 since December. So I popped it in and started playing it. About 5 hours later, I drove out to GameStop to pick this one up for $40. While I feel bad for the people who got it on day 1 and preordered it, I wouldn't have felt too terrible paying $60 for it either (but I got Mortal Kombat instead).

Only real downside so far is that since I got the PS3 version, no online for me until sometime this week.

The preorder price if you bought the 2-pack and split it was just 40 bucks anyway. Really though, this is Valve we're talking about, I would never feel bad about giving them a little money for the awesomeness that all of their games are. We'll probably be seeing more free dlc added soon if TF2 is any indication, I don't think they'd have bothered making such an elaborate TF2 style inventory system if all it's for is just the vanilla coop game.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. Remember to use the OCR affliate links if you buy it! Get a good deal on a great game + help support OCR at no extra cost!

PC - http://astore.amazon.com/overclocked...ail/B002I0JIQW

360 - http://astore.amazon.com/overclocked...ail/B002I0J9M0

PS3 - http://astore.amazon.com/overclocked...ail/B003O6E3C8

don't feel sorry for someone who decided to do something you didn't

it's highly irritating

I see what you mean, but to be fair, for PS3 owners, it came out the day before PSN shut down. This means I get the exact same experience as they did for $20 less. They kinda got screwed...

For purposes of clarification, I wasn't referring to 360 or PC players who did get the opportunity to enjoy the other half of the game over the last two weeks. Just PS3 owners.