Portal 2

Rambo

So I need some spoiler free help with the last boss.

I keep on trying to get the bombs to come at me (to the designated spot to kick off the fight), but no matter what I do the shield remains up high hitting all the bombs as they're fired.

I've tried all sorts of ways of getting the shield to face another direction, but no dice. Anyone know what I should be doing?

So I need some spoiler free help with the last boss.

I keep on trying to get the bombs to come at me (to the designated spot to kick off the fight), but no matter what I do the shield remains up high hitting all the bombs as they're fired.

I've tried all sorts of ways of getting the shield to face another direction, but no dice. Anyone know what I should be doing?

Try shooting the bomb from a location where the shield isn't blocking.

I think it's a glitch, because I keep on standing behind the tube, and the shield is still up.

EDIT:

It was a glitch. I had to restart several checkpoints back before things were working normally.

Now I am done.

Kind of an abrupt ending, in a way.

Whaaaaaaaat on earth. Just heard 'Ghost of Rattman'. How bizarre can you get. I mean, a bit fitting I suppose, but weeeeeeird.

I concur.

Okay - SPOILER THEORY BELOW******************

In white...

Does anyone else here think that Chell may be Caroline/GlaDOS' daughter perhaps fathered by none other than Cave Johnson himself?

****END SPOILER THEORY****

Someday I'll learn me some spoiler-proof techniques...

I mean, it makes sense doesn't it? Consider the evidence:

- Chell's potato project - she's clearly a daughter of an Aperture Science employee

- GlaDOS/Caroline letting Chell go at the end; why??

- GlaDOS says she deleted Caroline, but then in her own song she mentions how "Little Caroline is in here, too"

- the song sung by the turrets, when translated sounds like a song being sung from a mother to a daughter who's departing

I confess, the OCR forums are pretty much the only ones I contribute to, albeit moderately, but on the Combine over-whatever wiki I didn't see the idea present among the bits I read. Not trying to contradict you, Gollgagh, I just haven't seen it presented anywhere else (again, I don't "get out much" when it comes to other forums though).

EDIT:

Mkay - googled it - it's all over the Steam forums. :) Heh.

• 1 month later...