Metroid Prime 1/2 Soundfont/Sounds?

ncocs

I hope this is in the right place. If it's not, please move it!

I want to do a remix, but I can't find Metroid Prime 1/2 sounds. I really want one of the sounds from it.

Does anyone know where to find the sounds/soundfont?

Thanks!

That's a very general question.

What are you looking for?

Synths? Percussive effects? The metroid prime soundtrack uses a lot of instruments.

I mainly want the synths used for this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bodMQNKOFRc&feature=related

The piano used all across the soundtrack,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrVoQSdw8Zs&feature=related

The first heard instruments in the Parasite Queen battle,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezYp2qca3O4&feature=related

The voices from this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXhcliQrXII&feature=related

And the first instrument here.

As for percussion, I'd really like it if I could find a drum kit for it, but I want all of them.

It sounds like a lot, but I really want these sounds.:mrgreen:

I mainly want the synths used for this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bodMQNKOFRc&feature=related

The piano used all across the soundtrack,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrVoQSdw8Zs&feature=related

The first heard instruments in the Parasite Queen battle,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezYp2qca3O4&feature=related

The voices from this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXhcliQrXII&feature=related

And the first instrument here.

As for percussion, I'd really like it if I could find a drum kit for it, but I want all of them.

It sounds like a lot, but I really want these sounds.:mrgreen:

okay in order:

For the first one, you should learn synthesis and replicate them yourself. I don't think someone goes around and samples them into soundfonts. sorry :(

Second, Metroid Prime soundtrack uses just a regular piano with some reverb. Shouldn't be too hard to copy.

Third, these kinds of percussion sounds are what I think should be made into soundfonts. I don't know if there are any ones floating around the net, but I'm sure someone else here has an answer.

Fourth, the voices are a choir, and there are lots of those floating around the internet.

And lastly, the one from Torvus bog is a sine wave. And if none of your synths have a sine wave, then you don't have any synths. (meaning even the most basic synthesizers have sines. Don't have any? Try Synth1.)

There's probably a soundfont out there somewhere, or someone is making one. They can be pretty tough to find. You might try finding just a basic SNES soundfont and see how similar the sounds are to what you're looking for. I don't have SNES or Metroid Prime but there's a lot of specific game / system soundfonts out there.

There's probably a soundfont out there somewhere, or someone is making one. They can be pretty tough to find. You might try finding just a basic SNES soundfont and see how similar the sounds are to what you're looking for. I don't have SNES or Metroid Prime but there's a lot of specific game / system soundfonts out there.

metroid prime is for gamecube though...

What are you talking about?:shock:

And lastly, the one from Torvus bog is a sine wave. And if none of your synths have a sine wave, then you don't have any synths. (meaning even the most basic synthesizers have sines. Don't have any? Try Synth1.)

I got synth1, how to I make a sine wave? God I'm such a n00b.

For the first one, you should learn synthesis and replicate them yourself. I don't think someone goes around and samples them into soundfonts. sorry

What's synthesis?

What are you talking about?:shock:

I got synth1, how to I make a sine wave? God I'm such a n00b.

What's synthesis?

Synthesis is basically knowing how to use a synthesizer to get the sounds you want. Each synth works a different way, but they all have a general grand scheme of things. There are lots of tutorials, and there's probably one for Synth1.

As for making a sine wave, you can just look up a sine wave soundfont if you don't know how to make one.

I know this isn't what you're asking for, but this youtube vid is of a song this guy made using Metroid Zero Mission sound extractions.

Pretty cool. You might like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg4Xas9gEOU&fmt=18 Unfortunately the link to the data he used to make it is broken.

Also

Wow. What a fail.

oh, look, a thread that both neblix and BS post stupid crap that doesn't answer any of the questions and just involves them defending their useless posts. haven't seen one of those before. seriously, if you're not going to specifically answer a question (you should learn synthesis and figure it out yourself...wtf?), get out. you two are totally useless in these kind of threads.

i'm going to assume you've got FL Studio. if you don't, you'll have to translate this.

synths in first clip: the bass is a saw wave with a filter on it to contain it down to lower frequencies (say, around 400hz? don't have my DAW open), and then some extra Q for the resonance. the sustained note is a ship landing, it sounds like =) a descending slide with some resonance. the synth that's mirroring the bell/piano sound is a bell or rhodes that's got all wet and no dry reverb on it, probably stretched out a little too.

piano: sounds like a normal piano, with some reverb. you'd want extra high end to get that bright quality. the natural studios UK (NS_Piano.sf2) would likely do this sound well, if you cut out some of the low end, as it tends to get a touch muddy sometimes. FL Keys has a preset that sounds a lot like this, just needs a touch of reverb. use the Reeverb effect, not Reverb 2, since Reeverb is more basic and has a better all-wet sounds IMO.

first instrument in parasite queen battle: i'm assuming you mean the sustained metallic synth. sytrus has a preset that'd duplicate that sound pretty easily under the metallic section (i think that's it, at least...maybe it's called depth charge? don't remember). then just stutter it with the Love Philter for the right sound without the re-attack.

voices: this is a fairly standard patch, not really even that great-sounding honestly. if i wanted to get that same sound, i'd use the patch in Colossus, but i'm fairly certain that there are some free choral soundfonts available elsewhere. hammersound's got a few, for sure.

first instrument: sounds like relatively basic sine that's got some portamento to allow it to slide between each note smoothly without re-attacking. if i wanted to do this, i'd use one of the presets in rob papen's Blue synth that already does it, but it's easily doable with the 3xOSC and some playing with the portamento settings.

that took ten minutes, most of which was the videos loading up. whooooo. lurk more, guys.

"plz learn synthesis"

i just can't get over that one. not to mention that he only answered one of five clearly. at least suggest where to get the stuff :<

i thought mine was pretty clear when it comes to what's what. with this stuff, you've gotta be willing to dive in a bit. so make a saw wave in whatever program you use, put a filter on it, and turn up the Q. in FL, at least, stuff is labeled pretty well.

oh, look, a thread that both neblix and BS post stupid crap that doesn't answer any of the questions and just involves them defending their useless posts.

Oh hey look a thread that has an asshole who can't capitalize his sentences and acts like a hero just because he knows his way around a synth.

The OP already expressed he doesn't know how to use a synth, which makes your first and last (section of) post utterly useless. If you're not counting my useless posts, I don't count yours.

SO HEY LOOK, that means we both answered the same amount of questions. :D

I answered three:

1. I said find a tutorial on how to make a sine wave. It's a google search if you're that dumb, prophet.

2. A regular piano. Dude, I shouldn't have to explain where to find a piano. They're all over the internet. You provided more explanation for it, however you can't just ignore my answer. My answer is still legit and correct; it's a piano with reverb.

3.The choir. Choir soundfonts are all over the internet. So maybe I didn't link him to some, so what? At least I told him what to look for.

As for Parasite Queen Battle, I was assuming he meant the percussion, which I answered to the best of my ability. I even said someone else here would have a better answer. And for the first one "learn synthesis", I don't get why you have such a problem with that. If someone learned how to use a synth then they'd be able to replicate sounds they are, which to me sounds like helpful advice. I even suggested a starting point synth. (Synth1)

oh, look, a thread that both neblix and BS post stupid crap that doesn't answer any of the questions and just involves them defending their useless posts. haven't seen one of those before. seriously, if you're not going to specifically answer a question (you should learn synthesis and figure it out yourself...wtf?), get out. you two are totally useless in these kind of threads.

i'm going to assume you've got FL Studio. if you don't, you'll have to translate this.

synths in first clip: the bass is a saw wave with a filter on it to contain it down to lower frequencies (say, around 400hz? don't have my DAW open), and then some extra Q for the resonance. the sustained note is a ship landing, it sounds like =) a descending slide with some resonance. the synth that's mirroring the bell/piano sound is a bell or rhodes that's got all wet and no dry reverb on it, probably stretched out a little too.

piano: sounds like a normal piano, with some reverb. you'd want extra high end to get that bright quality. the natural studios UK (NS_Piano.sf2) would likely do this sound well, if you cut out some of the low end, as it tends to get a touch muddy sometimes. FL Keys has a preset that sounds a lot like this, just needs a touch of reverb. use the Reeverb effect, not Reverb 2, since Reeverb is more basic and has a better all-wet sounds IMO.

first instrument in parasite queen battle: i'm assuming you mean the sustained metallic synth. sytrus has a preset that'd duplicate that sound pretty easily under the metallic section (i think that's it, at least...maybe it's called depth charge? don't remember). then just stutter it with the Love Philter for the right sound without the re-attack.

voices: this is a fairly standard patch, not really even that great-sounding honestly. if i wanted to get that same sound, i'd use the patch in Colossus, but i'm fairly certain that there are some free choral soundfonts available elsewhere. hammersound's got a few, for sure.

first instrument: sounds like relatively basic sine that's got some portamento to allow it to slide between each note smoothly without re-attacking. if i wanted to do this, i'd use one of the presets in rob papen's Blue synth that already does it, but it's easily doable with the 3xOSC and some playing with the portamento settings.

that took ten minutes, most of which was the videos loading up. whooooo. lurk more, guys.

I love you.

Although, for the first one, you didn't really explain how to do the filter, so I'm lost on that one. The saw is the one that looks like the stretched out N, right? I wasn't sure. I cant find a place to download Colossus, so I'm lost on that one too. The one about 3xOSC really didn't help much, as I don't know what portamento settings to change. The love philter thing, I don't even know what to do. More help please?

correct, the saw is like the blade on a hand or band saw. with the filter, do just what i said - turn the pass on it down so that it filters out everything above 400hz, and then turn up the Q (or resonance, whichever it is called on your filter) a bit to get the buzz. you can either add a filter as an effect to the channel or you can use one that's built into your synth. either works. portamento is the slide between notes - you can usually just turn it on by clicking a box or cranking up a knob on whatever synth you're using. the more portamento, the more slide between notes (as opposed to a clean transition between sounds).

love philter and the 3xOSC are included effects/synths respectively in FL Studio. 3xOSC is a basic synth (3x oscillators, three sound-producing synths), and love philter is a very advanced and flexible filter with automation options. if you're not using FL Studio, what DAW are you using? i might be able to help out from there.

colossus is a 400$ VST, which was why i didn't really suggest that =) i'd just browse soundfonts of choral/chorus stuff on hammersound, like i mentioned.

clearly, neblix, my non-use of capital letters is a result of being incompetent or stoopid or something. thanks for helping me on that. i wondered why i've always felt so dumb.

correct, the saw is like the blade on a hand or band saw. with the filter, do just what i said - turn the pass on it down so that it filters out everything above 400hz, and then turn up the Q (or resonance, whichever it is called on your filter) a bit to get the buzz. you can either add a filter as an effect to the channel or you can use one that's built into your synth. either works.

How do you turn the pass down? Do you recommend a synth to do this with?

clearly, neblix, my non-use of capital letters is a result of being incompetent or stoopid or something. thanks for helping me on that. i wondered why i've always felt so dumb.

I mainly just threw that in there because I felt like it (and I noticed you completely ignored the rest of my post, so yeah)

I'm assuming prophet is talking about the cutoff of the filter which should be labeled "cut" or "cutoff" or something like that.

not being clear. a filter isn't a synth - it's an effect applied to the synth's output, to filter out all frequencies above or below a certain level, or pass. you're going to have to play with the filter to understand what i'm talking about, but basically, you want the filter to only allow low frequencies through. so, play with the filter until you're primarily getting low-end stuff through it as opposed to higher-end stuff.

or look for tutorials on youtube. a lot of this is hands-on experience.

not being clear. a filter isn't a synth - it's an effect applied to the synth's output, to filter out all frequencies above or below a certain level, or pass. you're going to have to play with the filter to understand what i'm talking about, but basically, you want the filter to only allow low frequencies through. so, play with the filter until you're primarily getting low-end stuff through it as opposed to higher-end stuff.

or look for tutorials on youtube. a lot of this is hands-on experience.

But do you recommend a synth to use?

Ok, so the sine wave from the Torvus Bog one is good. Darkesword sent me a soundfont with one in there that he used in Yellow Valkyrie.http://www.mediafire.com/file/z2bzbb3ced381wr/yvclip.mp3

The percussion (depth charge) from the Parasite Queen battle is doing some weird stuff, so I still need that.:banghead:

Still looking through hammersound for a good choir.:-o

But the Phendrana Drifts one, it's killing me. If we could be more specific for that one, that'd be great. I just got FL, and I'm not used to everything yet.:puppyeyes:

And just to put gasoline on this already burning hot fire,:twisted:

I need these:

Metroidy sounds at the beginning,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qip3QFz_i0o

The constant beat that sounds metallic but not,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrO-GuXgmGg&feature=related

As many sounds from this as possible,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz15YmBFdMs&feature=related

And last, the sounds starting at 00:27.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz15YmBFdMs&feature=related

Sorry that I need so many!:tomatoface: I'm trying to establish a good sound library right now.

EDIT:

I recommended Synth1, but you ignored that. :P

I completely forgot about that. I'll try it again.

It is highly recommended that you start with synth1.

Here, zircon even put together a starting point tutorial on synthesis

clicky

I started to get a basic understand of synthesis through the subtractor synth on Reason but if you're usin vsts, synth1 is definitely the way to go. And from there you just keep tweaking and tweaking, figurin out what each of the knobs and buttons do. There's no quick fix to automatically learning about synthesis, you just have to practice, so that way you can just recreate the sounds you need instead of tryin to painstakingly look for patches or soundfonts over the web. A lot of those sounds from the Metroid Prime game you could recreate yourself if you have the patience and dedication to learning synthesis.