OCR02102 - Mega Man "Morning Walk in the Burning City"

djpretzel

how do I download his album!!?

http://sites.google.com/site/megamanremixalbum/

This is a pretty damn good song - djp nailed the description of the song atmospherically, which is something you don't hear too often anymore musically.

It has a bluesy feel at first due to the guitar & background instrumentation. It progresses later towards a more heavier sound which brings a sense of time moving to the song.

Good job :nicework:

I agree with djp on the "1970's detective movie soundtrack" feeling, at least for most of the track (up until 1:20, from 2:10 onwards, etc). Other than that, e.g. around 1:30 or 3:00, the lead guitar has an almost Santana-ish feeling to it, which doesn't evoke pictures of sleuthes walking down dimly lit alley, but is still interesting.

Nice work.

• 3 weeks later...

very much a "walking" theme. i can totally see the vigilante strolling down the side walk of his beloved city, cigarette lit with that classic stern yet melancholy look of "my woman just left me and yesterday 2 little girls were gunned down in cold blood. some days i ask my self 'Is it worth it?' hrmph, yeah... it's worth it."

i enjoyed this one.

@Martin Penwald I agree about the 1:30 and 3:00 parts, Strange that it actually fits in the song. They dont feel out of place, just odd. as if our vigilante is suddenly peppy and "zippity do-da" i think that pace and feeling should've been dropped and gone back to that smooth badass feel.

we seem to go from Michael Keaton\Christian Bale to Adam West, then settle on George Clooney.

• 1 month later...

The atmosphere this creates is simply fantastic. I can imagine someone sitting at an empty bar with their drink just moping for the first half; possible a retired robot master dissatisfied with his performance.

Overall the playing is great and the mood this has overall really takes the original to a new direction. Great work.

• 1 year later...

This is a pretty interesting ReMix. I really didn't know what to say about this one, but I do have to say that it has a feeling of ups and downs, like starting out on a dark day and seeing a small ray of light at different points. I guess "Morning Walk in the Burning City" is just one of those titles that describe the ReMix exceptionally well. Yep, the city is on fire, but at least you have a nice morning walk.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02102 - Mega Man "Morning Walk in the Burning City"