Where are they now? OC ReMixer edition.

Less Ashamed Of Self

I stumbled upon an older remix in the ole' OCR Shufflepod today and being shocked by it's quality I looked the mix up. As it happens the mix is nearly 7 years old. The remixer contributing one or two mixes and then, for all we know, disappearing.

To all the active members of the remixing community, we generally know what you're up to, and we try to keep up with remixer profiles, but for those from whom we haven't heard from in a while: what's up?

What have you been up to lately? Are you thinking of submitting again? Are you still involved with music? Gaming? Where has your life/career taken you lately? Can anyone speak on behalf of anyone else? :)!!

I "quit" OCR around fall 2005, not really intending to come back to the community (though I thought I might keep doing mixes). I came back here and there but only really rejoined about a year ago after being sort of convinced by a couple people. I've yet to do another mix, but most of that is to do with my computer biting the dust.

Some people just aren't interested in being involved with online communities. I don't blame them for that. I think many people submit a few remixes without ever really intending to be part of the community. I talked to Unipulator on AIM many years ago, for example, and it was clear that he was never really was interested in being involved in OCR. So it's no surprise that he didn't submit more than two mixes.

Others who were once part of the community have also grown up and have different lives now. I'm actually surprised by the amount of people who have stayed around OCR over the years. It's not something I expected when I rejoined. I guess these days we expect to be able to stay connected to people because of how easy it is, but I think some people just don't have any interest in taking part in that.

Sefiros - made my favorite remix on this site and vanished.

Holy crap, what a way to tease your fan base, there.

Also, I made this thread for Disco Dan about a year ago, only to find out he now is married and considers this place a bit draining on his time, so he can't do much on here anymore.

At least, that's how I interpreted his post (and the post saying he's now married). Nonetheless, he is greatly missed, here :-(.

Ailsean, Prozax, and Harmony.

Well, actually we know what these guys are doing. Unfortunately, it doesn't involve cranking out more OC ReMixes! :evil:

For real: Rimco, mv, and Destiny.

Doomed -- Rimco's mix -- is one of my absolute favorite older ReMixes. So plaintive. And mv is a master of the smooth groove. He should've stuck around longer. Destiny, too. Quite an expressive vocalist/songwriter. Where'd you guys go?!?

Ha! I came to OCR in 2002, got a remix up not long after, clung to the "OC ReMix Artist" badge like an ancient religious artifact, and haven't been bothered to submit anything for years for fear of rejection.

Awww. I still have and enjoy your Corneria and Booster's Tower VGMixes! Sad to hear you've given up. :-(

ocr needs more ziwtra. where you been man?

What are you talking about? ziwtra's latest ReMix was only 7 months ago! Considering he's only done 16 remixes over 8 years, that seems about par. We should be due for another soon. ;)

Thanks for the for the encouragement K.B., it reminds me how much these tracks manage to stick with us. It feels like ages ago since I contributed those, I forget that people still listen to them from time to time, regardless of their quality :P

Not an OCRemixer but a former VGmix remixer Uncle really managed to stick with me. He only did a Kirby 64 mix and an Earthbound - Winters mix. Didn't do anything else except those two mp3's as far as I could see. But I REALLY love the character he brought to both. Anyone heard of him lately?

For real: Rimco, mv, and Destiny.

Doomed -- Rimco's mix -- is one of my absolute favorite older ReMixes. So plaintive. And mv is a master of the smooth groove. He should've stuck around longer. Destiny, too. Quite an expressive vocalist/songwriter. Where'd you guys go?!?

mv's still around, contributing to the One Hour Compos over at ThaSauce :-) He's also got a kickass track going for the DK3 project that you'll all get to hear soon. But rest assured, he's still very much present in the community in some way or another!

Also, woah... Destiny's really been doing some awesome work, this is incredible! Good to hear she's still putting her musical talents to work.