chrono trigger - where threads connect (epoch)

melody

Even though this is a WIP, I really enjoyed it and like what you've done so far. It stayed at the top of my iPod's track list for a recent drawing session :-)http://fav.me/d333mba The best of luck on its completion and posting on OCR!

snap this is prime work man, i'm really flattered. when the song is finished i'm totally suggesting you take it and draw some inter-dimensional-fabric-of-time-space-travel joint to it haha. lovin the where threads connect bump on your deviantart page as well :)

snap this is prime work man, i'm really flattered. when the song is finished i'm totally suggesting you take it and draw some inter-dimensional-fabric-of-time-space-travel joint to it haha. lovin the where threads connect bump on your deviantart page as well :)

Heh, I'll take you up on that :)!! That one sketch I made so far wouldn't have been completed without listening to your music. I was given this bizarrely elaborate request and couldn't visualize it, even after playing Tetris for a few hours (my meditation). But scrolling through the workshop forums I came across this, and bam! Inspiration was born.

On my headphones, I still am getting a lot of overpowerment on the bass. When the melody/harmony/piano are in the upper ranges, it's not as bad... but even though it's your favorite, I do think it (and the kick) could be turned down a bit... the highhat a little bit too.

The violin is just so far away in the production with a lot of reverb... I don't wanna go into too much detail but just try to cut away any frequencies that aren't necessary to give that violin some room.

When everything gets crazy and pretty in the middle, it's still way muddy... And at least in my headphones, some of the higher notes with the violin get a little ear-piercing (as well as susp cymbals)... A better recording of the violin could help a lot too.

Don't stop working on this until it's UTTER PERFECTION AND GOOD LUCK!

p.s. I also disagree with the "add more reverb" to the violin, I think it would sound better with a closer, more intimate feel... With a good stereo sound in your face OMG OOZING WITH PRODUCTION QUALITY

• 2 weeks later...

"bitrate: 302 kbps"... oops

chris, stop being such a worrywart. i can assure you your actual playing isn't what's going to make the difference between this not passing or going through :)

blue, absolutely can't wait to see what you do man.

thanks for the good luck wishes everyone, this mix is gonna need it to counter the fact that i have no idea how to mix violins haha

edit: here's the final final link for anyone curious, stats.png