Mega Man Legends 3

Mirby

I think X8 looks good is because it is followed by possibly the worst official megaman game ever, outside of the masterpieces that are the Mega Man DOS games.

mmdos2.jpg

It's good, but it can be followed up with something much better.

Command Mission was NOT that follow up, dammit.

Also: Sigma stopped being cool after X3. After that it was "how can you fucktards still FALL for this shit?" Like, no one is aware that big evil dude with jewel on his head might be Sigma. You'd think that after all the news and press coverage Sigma's FIRST REPLOID REBELLION should have gotten, people would have been on the look-out.

In contrast:

Wily never stopped being cool*.

The Bonnes can't be anything BUT cool.

*Except in Battle Network, where he's kinda cool, but just not as cool. Inventing viruses is not as cool as death-dealing robots by the dozens.

• 2 weeks later...

So... Even though I never played a Megaman Legends game before, I'm keeping my eyes peeled up for this game, just in case it's friendly for franchise-newbies.

And why am I bumping this thread? Apparently, the developers haven't settled on a heroine design yet, and are holding a poll for fans to vote out of 9 possible designs.

Since I remembered this thread, I thought I'd let you know.

FINALLY. After 10 years, I had given up hope for a third game. The Mega Man Legends series is my favorite Mega Man series, now I have to get a 3DS. I'm also surprised at the number of responses to this thread, I was under the impression that not many people had played the games.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2010/10/10/vote_for_your_favorite_design_in_the_mega_man_legends_3_heroine_contest!?pg=9

If you've got a Capcom Unity account, vote for the heroine! Yes, this is the extent to which we are involved in making this game. ^.^

Also, this is a better link. The other had an error (Sensei's name appears twice in the original)

I personally like the Keiji Inafune one the most, but that's because of the other ones are a little too anime-y for me (if that makes sense).

I still don't know... I mean, isn't it gonna get crowded in Volnutt's love shack with three women around?

http://kotaku.com/5659942/mega-man-comic-coming-to-newsstands-in-spring-2011

Mega-man001_02.jpg

Unrelated, but Archie comics doing a classic Mega Man comic?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

The face on his bugs me.

Personally, I voted for Sensei's...

For reference, here:

pic.jpg

Hayato Kaji

Mega Man Legends 3 is coming everybody! You know, it's been ages since Legends 2. Back then I was in charge of the scenery and backgrounds. It won't be much longer before you can see Mega Man and the whole gang! It'll have been worth the wait!

PREVIOUS TITLES

* MEGA MAN LEGENDS 2

* MEGAMAN 4 - 8

* MEGAMAN X, X3

* MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK

---

pic.jpg

Hideki Ishikawa

It's been 10 years, 10 years! The Mega Man Legends series has given me so many memories, memories that I will always treasure. I do have some regrets, but I can say that Legends has had a great impact on my life. So, the time has finally come to get this thing going. Now all you need to do is bounce ideas off of each other. I'll do everything I can on my end!

PREVIOUS TITLES

* MEGAMAN 7

* MEGAMAN 8

* MEGAMAN & BASS

* MEGA MAN THE POWER BATTLE

* MEGA MAN BATTLE & CHASE

* MEGAMAN LEGENDS

* MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2

---

pic.jpg

Kazushi Itou

Congratulations on Mega Man Legends 3 getting the green light! I truly appreciate the opportunity to participate in these festivities. I am having a wonderful time!

PREVIOUS TITLES

* MEGAMAN 5

* MEGAMAN 6

* MEGAMAN 7

* MEGAMAN LEGENDS

---

pic.jpg

Keiji Inafune

As you all know, Mega Man Legends has been my favorite Mega Man series, so it is my dream come true to work on Mega Man Legends 3. I'm very excited about this concept and am looking forward to seeing all the input given from the fans!

PREVIOUS TITLES

* JUST ABOUT EVERY MEGA MAN GAME EVER!

---

pic.jpg

Ryuji Higurashi

Congratulations on kicking off Legends 3. We've waited a long time...Thinking back, I was still a student when the first Legends came out. To everyone on the development team, until the game comes out, do your best!

PREVIOUS TITLES

* MEGA MAN 1- 6 (PS VER.), 9

* MEGA MAN X5, 6, COMMAND MISSION

* PSP VER. MEGA MAN LEGENDS 1, 2

* MEGA MAN EXE SERIES

* MEGA MAN STAR FORCE 1, 3

---

pic.jpg

Sensei Haruki Suetsugu

Congratulations on the start of Mega Man Legends 3! It is a good feeling to look at a game that is so loved by fans and development staff alike from the outside. I stand with the fans of the series in support of all of the development staff members. Do your best!

PREVIOUS TITLES

* MEGAMAN X4 - X6

* MEGAMAN XTREME

* MEGAMAN XTREME 2

* MEGA MAN LEGENDS

---

pic.jpg

Shinsuke Komaki

Congratulations on the start of Legends 3! This is the moment so many fans and staff have been waiting for. And let me just say, this heroine design contest is a fantastic idea! This really takes me back to the days when I was doing character design for Tron and the Servebots. I wouldn't have dreamed that I would have an opportunity give something back in this way. This is very important moment, and I am extremely happy to be able to take part.

PREVIOUS TITLES

* THE ENTIRE MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK SERIES

* THE ENTIRE MEGAMAN STAR FORCE SERIES

* THE MISADVENTURES OF TRON BONNE

* MEGAMAN X3, X6

* MEGAMAN 8

* MEGA MAN BATTLE & CHASE

---

pic.jpg

Tatsuya Yoshikawa

So after 10 years it's back...That is truly fantastic! Congratulations. As someone who has a history with MEGA MAN, I would be happy to help out any way I can with the new list of characters. I am glad to be involved with the Mega Man world and its characters once again. I wish you all the best, for this project.

PREVIOUS TITLES

* MEGA MAN X

* MEGA MAN X7

* MEGA MAN X8

* MAVERICK HUNTER X

* MEGA MAN POWERED UP

---

pic.jpg

Toru Nakayama

Congratulations on Legends 3 kicking off! After 10 years I am very much looking forward to brand new adventures and that old feeling of nostalgia. I used curly hair for the character design on purpose to kind of shake things up and add a little pizzazz.

PREVIOUS TITLES

* MEGAMAN ZERO 1 - 4

---

Forgive the long post, but now we also know key developers for this too.

ROBOTS CAN'T HAVE SIBLINGS LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING

honestly I don't like Inafune's cause it looks too much like Roll already

True, but I do like her general design more so than the others. Some of them look like Nomura rip-offs, like that one with the zippers... ????

Though, as a second place, I like the one with the Met Hat.