MAGFest 9 is gone - PMD sets in :(

Bahamut

So, um, odd request.

Hiroki Kikuta is going to be at magfest, and due to sickness in the family - namely, everyone but me being sick and me needing to play nurse - I am completely unable to attend.

Is it out of line to ask if I Could send my Secret of Mana soundtrack CD to someone to have it autographed by him?

So I've allocated 2 days off work as usual, but this year I don't know whether to take off on Thursday & Friday, or Friday & Monday. Or maybe Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Monday morning. Any rides I give people also depend on this.

I remember how Thursday last year was a slow start and how the party was still going strong at midnight on Sunday when I left. I can hardly describe how hard it was to pull myself away from that and drive through the night to get to work at 8.

What do people think? Does anyone know if there's activities on Sunday night like there were last year?

So I've allocated 2 days off work as usual, but this year I don't know whether to take off on Thursday & Friday, or Friday & Monday. Or maybe Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Monday morning. Any rides I give people also depend on this.

I remember how Thursday last year was a slow start and how the party was still going strong at midnight on Sunday when I left. I can hardly describe how hard it was to pull myself away from that and drive through the night to get to work at 8.

What do people think? Does anyone know if there's activities on Sunday night like there were last year?

Last year everything was shifted forward a day; things kick in on Thursday (I think around noon but don't quote me on that) and end on Sunday, like M6-7 were. I'm arriving Wednesday and leaving Monday but I'm also setting up/tearing down tons of stuff.

If you want more, Teh Donut is looking for a room that'll take 4 more people (him and his friends) & is willing to split costs.

I think I can safely speak for my entire room by saying that we don't want 9 people sharing one hotel room, especially 4 of whom we've never even met online before (no offense meant, Donut -- looking forward to meeting you!)

Edit: Let's take discussion about individual hotel rooms to PMs / IRC only at this point, please. I know you were well intentioned, Wes, but it's confusing at best to talk about a single room on the thread so close to the event.