MAGFest 9 is gone - PMD sets in :(

Bahamut

One of my new biggest fears now is that something will come up and I can't get off for next year. fear.gif I'm going to build up more leave so I can stay for the entire thing.

-Having Post-Mag Depression...sucks balls man. Worst thing ever.

For real. I was really down this morning at work for some reason. Felt better halfway through the day but man, must be remnants of the 'fest.

They looked awesome though! And actually, Jade, Velocifero, and I were chatting with Dale North Saturday night, and he suggested that at some point, MAG should do a black tie affair one night with dinner in one of the panel/ball rooms for anyone interested. I think this is a fantastic idea.

Yea he mentioned he and Mustin were toying with the idea. I was very flattered he shared those thoughts with us. He's got a lot of respect for OCR I can tell.

Good news: I just finished going through my pictures and they are awesome.

Bad news: Since Monday afternoon I got the MAGFlu real bad. :oops: Going into work today was not a good idea, and I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow.

I already drafted up a good/bad post and I'll share those with the pictures once it's completed.

Miss you all already in any case!

I'd be down for that. It'd sorta be like MAG last year with the fancy schmancy NYE party.

I remember leaving my tuxedo in the hotel room and it was never found after several calls (some a bit angry) to the hotel to find it. :(

Regardless, this is an excellent idea. Since I got a job at a bank, I have plenty awesome suits to wear!

I hope you let this guy/girl know they were being a pain, rather than passively enduring. No matter who it was. Don't mean to stereotype or accuse, but I notice that some of the same women who complain about these situations dare not speak up IN the situation itself. Not blaming, just saying a bit more assertiveness can go a long way.

Don't worry, Moguta, it wasn't you :)

Magfest highlights, in no particular order:

- hanging out a whole bunch with katie and ari once again (and katie making me up the second day)

- being a whole lot more talkative than last year!

- meeting old friends that I had never met in person before (shnabubula, danny b, etc)

- meeting a whole bunch of new faces (chibitech, ubik, lapine, sumeet, matt pollard, a_rival, jimmy/bgc, josh welchel, alex brandon, brandon strader, wildfire, jenner, sir_arek, beatdrop, shariq, zircon, etc etc)

- having quite a few good heart-to-heart conversations, both with people I'd met before and hadn't.

- the kikuta panel ("give up your family")

- 6am discussions about gender with bgc, danny b and alex brandon

- the awesome, very hidden korean restaurant melody took us to (even though ari lost his wallet there :()

- the "composers tell all" panel was quite fun, and I got to meet grant kirkhope briefly afterwords (who shared an interesting anecdote about the banjo kazooie music - apparently the reason the sounds are so percussion heavy is that those samples were shorter and took up less data)

- sam and doug's dueling piano thing in the room downstairs. everyone was really enjoying themselves.

- the subsequent weird emotion-laden "survivors of the night" talk between me, katie, sam, a_rival, beatdrop, and sir_arek

- hanging out with sam and dhsu in the upstairs lounge on the last day with some nice piano talk

- matt pollard's hilarious removal of duke nukem from his room

- the party in a_rival's room where I had a "tranny triangle" going on with lapine and chibitech

- sir_arek's complete and utter drunken good-naturedness

- starla's costume was pretty goddamn hot, I have to say (you're a superstar, gal)

- apparently quite a few people find me attractive (a nice self-confidence boost, even with some well-meaning slight creepiness (don't worry about it, moguta :)))

- despite the fact that it was hell finding parking there and it took forever to figure out what was going on, the restaurant Amy suggested to replace IHOP was quite good.

lowlights:

- the drive to Virginia (with some heroic driving from Obtuse)

- the elevators

- the badge wait

- DoD listening party was a little bit of a letdown this year

- creepy guy in the deadmau5 mask aggressively hitting on me

- a_rival show was great but I kept feeling like it was too quiet :/

- running on virtually no sleep the whole weekend (but hey, I didn't want to sleep!)

- having to come home :(

- being blessed with the Mag Flu :(

I said this to a few people before, but it bears repeating. Last year, mag was a new thing for me and I had just recently rejoined the community. I had a lot of fun, but it seemed like this weird fantasy world, a bit far off from reality. This year, mag seemed more real than my real life right now. Everyone (with only one exception) was extremely nice, almost everyone knew each other's name. I may have my disagreements and may only see you all once a year, but you guys are still family and I love you all. This year reminded me of that.

It is a picture of Judge Judy making out with Renamon, while the Green Ranger and Vanilla Ice watch.

Pretty much captures the essence of OCAD. This was done for 50 GODDAMN DOLLARS by friend of OCAD Kevin Bolk.

And I've totally saved that and posted it to my Facebook profile so my friends can get to see it in all its glory...or horror, depending.

I think it's hilarious, personally.

Home safe and sound from MAG. Definitely sad it is over, but definitely also very tired. Hoping I don't catch the MAGFlu, although it seems somewhat likely at this point.

I had a fantastic time, though, and was really glad I got to go to for my first time this year. Plenty of highlights, too many to remember at this time, but I will say that my unofficial 'marriage' to DJP in the elevator by a drunk chick might be near the top as most memorable.

Home safe and sound from MAG. Definitely sad it is over, but definitely also very tired. Hoping I don't catch the MAGFlu, although it seems somewhat likely at this point.

I had a fantastic time, though, and was really glad I got to go to for my first time this year. Plenty of highlights, too many to remember at this time, but I will say that my unofficial 'marriage' to DJP in the elevator by a drunk chick might be near the top as most memorable.

Your first time too? Sweet. :-D It was awesome meeting you, and everyone else! Congrats on the marriage. I'm still diving at any opportunity to talk about MAGFest 'cause I miss it now that it is gone. I'd even stand in that 3 hour registration line at this point, even if that's all I could do, haha. Sad. No MAGFlu, but I've been coughing a lot.

I finally got my photos up (I swear, Facebook is just getting more and more cumbersome with the simplest things--it took me 40 minutes just to caption and tag them all on account of the lags and poor interface.) It's not very extensive, since I don't really do drunken parties and wasn't as camera-happy this time, but there're some good shots in there.

Anyway...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2405235&id=5305416&l=cd4f1482a3

I made this viewable by everybody, but if anyone who's tagged in it wants it restricted then I'll bump it down to friends-of-friends. KF

It is a picture of Judge Judy making out with Renamon, while the Green Ranger and Vanilla Ice watch.

Pretty much captures the essence of OCAD. This was done for 50 GODDAMN DOLLARS by friend of OCAD Kevin Bolk.

Holy shit, the "Mary Sue Must Die" guy? He's goddamn amazing!

I was reminded of this poll while at the fest.
he suggested that at some point, MAG should do a black tie affair

Attention dudes and ladydudes.

The powers that be - God Almighty Mr. MAGFest himself - has revived the idea of a MAG "spinoff" of sorts. Definitely a camping theme, but I'm sure we could wear black ties if we wanted.

This is now the place to discuss such a thing. You wanted more MAGFest? You may well get it!

Attention dudes and ladydudes.

The powers that be - God Almighty Mr. MAGFest himself - has revived the idea of a MAG "spinoff" of sorts. Definitely a camping theme, but I'm sure we could wear black ties if we wanted.

This is now the place to discuss such a thing. You wanted more MAGFest? You may well get it!

Hmmm... I love music... I love games... I love people... I LOVE the outdoors...

WELL SLAP ME TICKLED AND CALL ME AGNUS!