SilvaGunner got banned from YouTube

TGON

Not really, because when you buy DRM free music, you're buying DRM free music. :350:

Well, that's only a technicality for me anyway since I use Guvera someone else paid for it lol...

But still, when people buy games, they buy everything on the disc...

In the end, I say forget all of this, I wish some game companies would step up and get on the buying single song stuff or releasing their soundtracks free (especially for older games). Non interference is great but it still causes problems like I think a single composer once caused KHInsider to take down all of their music.

Obviously there is no question as to whether they should've been hosting the music in the first place, but because no company really says NO or YES, events like that can happen.

Imagine, Nintendo one day saying all of the original super mario bros songs could be downloaded for free from their site perhaps to promote the next Mario game..

But still, when people buy games, they buy everything on the disc...

no they don't

they buy the ability to use the disc

the ideas, code, music, pictures and whatever else that is contained on the disc do not somehow magically become their intellectual property

no they don't

they buy the ability to use the disc

the ideas, code, music, pictures and whatever else that is contained on the disc do not somehow magically become their intellectual property

ah, you are quite right. Except that IP part. I never was saying a person had to the right to use it as if it were their IP. I was originally talking about personal use.

Gonna weigh a tiny bit in on this and say... I kind of hate it when people throw the baby out with the bath water. Hypothetically, banning an entire account with hundreds of songs on it never really sits well with me.

If Youtube banned him over 1 person having a problem with 1 song or game or 1 game company had the problem, or something with that case (even though apparently Liontamer said that he was banned for some other reason)... Well, why not address these types of things on a case-by-case basis as they come?

Hundreds of videos scoping so many video games composed by hundreds of artists all gone, and I'm not sure all of them had a problem with it, hell they might have even like to see what other people thought, and the exposure of some of the lesser known games could have been helpful...

That's my mentality though, always has been... Don't ban the world, ban the town, or the street, or the house... er... yeah... You know where I'm going here.

I understand the reasoning for banning the account, and the idea behind it... I understand that whole process, but from another perspective, I just think it doesn't really solve anything and makes a lot of people unhappy.