Project R - Excuuuuse Me Princess (Zelda Cartoon)

Rukunetsu

Seven45

Tis me again with another oldie-but-fav of mine. Made 2 years ago for a story of mine that involved night time racing a la Initial D, this was going to be one of the dominant themes that played during the night. Things didn't quite work out the way I planned with the story however...but I still enjoy the track.

At Home

2 years old as well - and I'm sure the title says it all.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been posting super positive feedback forever so perhaps it's time to give some constructive - i super love all your work as usual but perhaps I feel it's always quite chord driven (correct me if i'm wrong) and perhaps I'd like to see a lot more hummable melodies coming out of those lush chords. Like the Phantasy Star Online soundtrack has all these parallel sci-fi pads playing parallel extended chords but on top of it are great melodies and perhaps that's what I feel are slightly missing from your work!

Keep it all up and let me know if you think my comment is fair.

I've been posting super positive feedback forever so perhaps it's time to give some constructive - i super love all your work as usual but perhaps I feel it's always quite chord driven (correct me if i'm wrong) and perhaps I'd like to see a lot more hummable melodies coming out of those lush chords. Like the Phantasy Star Online soundtrack has all these parallel sci-fi pads playing parallel extended chords but on top of it are great melodies and perhaps that's what I feel are slightly missing from your work!

Keep it all up and let me know if you think my comment is fair.

A very fair, and keen observation. Many times I get caught up in the chords, and totally neglect to add a melody - The biggest issue with my stuff, and one I'm honestly trying to address. I appreciate you taking to the time to point that out, and that should honestly drive me to really work on that aspect of my music. Perhaps I'll build off of a melody first (as I should be doing anyways lol) then go from there.

Once again, thanks.