Sonic 2 (Game Gear) - Sky High Zone

CC Ricers

So I came up with this in two days. While I was messing around with some drum loops, I've decided to take a shot at bhangra, a genre I never attempted before. Thought I'd try something I'm not used to. It sounds like it would fit the source well.

Nearly all the instruments apart from the drums are synth sounds. Suggestions for new instruments? Sound processing? General improvements?

Version 2

stats.png

Absolutely love the perc loops and the mallet instrument. The main melody leads seem almost too straightforwardly synthy after that, though. Maybe try subbing in some different instruments? I don't mind the pads, though, so it could be less a case of synth vs. acoustic and more a case of those particular leads.

Cool, I didn't expect some brief positive reviews right off the bat.

I made a slight update to the mix. Claps are added to every beat in the bridge sections, it sounded better than just a kick-snare IMO. Taking DrDisaster and Anti-Syne's advice I replaced a lead for the main melody starting at 0:41 with something more bright, and personalized the melody a bit.

A new short section has been added, the sounds here are mostly a concept and aren't set in stone.

Sounds VERY close to the source. But other than that, I like it a whole lot. I don't know what you could add, and I really don't have any suggestions on what to fix, cause there's nothing that I see that needs fixing.

Keep it up!:mrgreen:

i feel like a remix that is not close to its sorce is not much of a remix but thats me in my opinion.

great mix

i feel like a remix that is not close to its sorce is not much of a remix but thats me in my opinion.

great mix

I was saying that something extra that's not "sourcey" might add to it.

The vibrato effects are really nice--they add a lot to the long notes, so that it's not just hanging there. Man, those percussion loops! Those are great! I've never heard anything like this on here.

Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee submission acceptance, but I've heard much, much worse that's actually been evaluated and accepted.

Once again, keep it up!:mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

Good, any ideas what changes you're gonna make? Listening to your last version, definitely enjoyed it. The lead you used for the melody could use a little work, not sure I'm a fan of what you've got there currently. Percussion kicks ass, though. The synth strings don't really fit well. Pads you used are smooth and warm though. Needs moar ending.

the percussion sounds great nice panning, The reverb sounds abit exposed at the beggining but generally well mixed some of the centrally panned instruments seem to be distorted or clipping abit, it could be intentional but since most of the track is very clear maybe u need to make sure your sound sources arent clipping and then getting compressed making the clipping more noticable. if it was a creative decision then just disregard that! (it might even be if you had to compress to a lossy format (mp3 etc)