Legend of Zelda: Final Hour (ReMix project)

Yo! (I changed some of the details as far as requirements go and hopefully made the theme a little clearer).

Final Hour is a remix project focused on the songs from the The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

There are too many songs total in MM to remix them all, so I am going to choose what I think are the major ones and do just those. The tracks are chosen based on how prevalent they were in the game, how important quest-wise, and how unique they are (I am not going to pick the Mini-Game theme shop theme, stuff like that). If you want to remix a track that is not on the list, let me know and I will consider it.

Genre/Style Specs:

There are no genre limitations, per se, but there are stylistic limitations. Majora's Mask is a very dark/sad/moody/epic game and I want the mixes to reflect those four attributes. I really don't want any of the tracks to have a real happy sound to them.

For example, Clock Town is a rather happy sounding song, but think of what the Clock Town theme would sound like if the moon had destroyed it. You can make the theme sad or dark and epic, or a mixture of everything. The choice is up to you, just try to incorporate one of the styles in the mix.

The only exception to this rule is the End Credits theme. I want that to be the victorious finale.

Examples of the Style I am Shooting For:

The Dark Knight Soundtrack - Hans Zimmer

Wolfman Soundtrack - Danny Eflman

The Angles of Hell - Random Hero

Dark Matter - PrototypeRaptor

Fortress of the Knight - Vurez

Above the Rising Falls - sephire

Available Tracks:

Title Screen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQZZjP8BToI

Opening Demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1_B9P2b2jg

Skull Kid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHuZYj82Dz4

Clock Town -

Mayor's House Counsel Room - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8XYWOTiaz8

Milk Bar -

Music Box House - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1EYMdLBLJE

Kamaro's Dance -

Astral Observatory -

Overworld - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FxjChGbJbQ

Deku Nut Palace -

Ikana Castle -

Stone Tower Temple -

Boss Battles -

Last Day (Final Hour) -

Calling the Four Giants -

Credits -

Tracks Taken:

Pirate's Fortress -

(Acolyte - WIP In Progress)

Majora's Mask Battle -

(Seto - WIP In Progress)

Termina -

(Gintokipianist - Tentative)

Clocktower -

(Furilas - WIP In Progress)

I am now recruiting remixers, so if you are interested please PM me or reply to this thread. Be ready to send a WIP.

• 1 month later...

Remixers are slowly trickling in. I have a total of three people (not including me) working on some WIPs. I received on WIP today and it was really good.

Please, if you are at all interested PM me. I have no genre restrictions. I am going to go ahead and post all the source tracks I am accepting in the main project post. I was planning on having a set number of tracks and doing 2 albums and whatnot, but I am going to put that on the back burner for now and really open up the options.

I'm actually working on a Majora's Mask remix album... I have about 7 tracks done and several other works-in-progress. My project isn't official or anything, but when it's done I am planning on submitting the finished project for review in the hope that OCR will help host and distribute a torrent for it. I don't know if that's going to interfere with what you have going, but my album is going to be a more cinematic take on the sources.

I'm actually working on a Majora's Mask remix album... I have about 7 tracks done and several other works-in-progress. My project isn't official or anything, but when it's done I am planning on submitting the finished project for review in the hope that OCR will help host and distribute a torrent for it. I don't know if that's going to interfere with what you have going, but my album is going to be a more cinematic take on the sources.

Shoot! Didn't know there were secret projects going on :P But, I don't mind. Majora's Mask will get more love this way.

Heh, sorry, it's not really a collaboration project. It's just me remixing, and I have a few performers helping me out. I'm not planning to release the album until December of 2012. Actually, 3 days before Dec 21, 2012, since it kind of fits with the theme of the game. I just wanted to get a head start so it's ready by then. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Erm, I MIGHT Start on a WIP, see how it goes, then If I like where it's heading show you what I have to see if you think its worth including.

I just need to finish my Mario series Medly first :S

Would it be possible to send you a PM should I like where my mix is headed? :)

I gots my eye on Stone tower. Think some bollywood flare would go nicely with it. I have a few sitar samples I wanna try out anyways.

I think I would like to take a stab at the Last Day track,

but let's not make it official until I actually make something so I can tell if it's worth doing or not. :)

SO, let's make it safe to say I have interest in that track, but I am not sure if I will do it or not.:mrgreen:

Erm, I MIGHT Start on a WIP, see how it goes, then If I like where it's heading show you what I have to see if you think its worth including.

I just need to finish my Mario series Medly first :S

Would it be possible to send you a PM should I like where my mix is headed? :)

I gots my eye on Stone tower. Think some bollywood flare would go nicely with it. I have a few sitar samples I wanna try out anyways.

Yes, send me a PM as soon as you got something good.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, never played much of MM, but i listened to the boss battles track just now. im interested in doing it, but it may go a little bit slowly, as i'm working on a remix (which may be on my album. if anyone ever joins, (stop making slightly intimidating posts XD))

i already have quite a few ideas for that song

• 4 weeks later...

Would this count as a bump?

Anyway, I think that if I were to do the Final Day track, that it should have a TSO feel to it.

Anyone feel otherwise? Because other thatn that, I am low on ideas about this.

Yeah, it's been a while since I looked at what I have commited myself to do. So I probably should have been workin g on this already...

Also, this album needs some lovin'. Will get to work and send you something by PM and maybe post a lower-quality/ older WIP here behind Darke's back, Which may not be a safe move... O_O'

• 3 weeks later...
I can provide vocals if anyone needs a singer. I sing Tenor

Hmm. I could probably use that somewhere.

Also, Captain Stupidity, I will send a PM later today for Last Day (Final Hour). I might also use the Clock Town source in it too, but for now it's just a 1 min WIP of the Last Hour theme

And that's hard enough, with the last day theme having no real solid tune...

Hmm. I could probably use that somewhere.

Also, Captain Stupidity, I will send a PM later today for Last Day (Final Hour). I might also use the Clock Town source in it too, but for now it's just a 1 min WIP of the Last Hour theme

And that's hard enough, with the last day theme having no real solid tune...

Yea definitely PM me and let me know what you need! I'd be happy to sing whatever you need

Yea definitely PM me and let me know what you need! I'd be happy to sing whatever you need

My current idea is to not have actual lyrics, per se, but to have a choir do an ethereal hum or "aah" along with a church organ part in my work.

However, that would require having an organ or organ VST, along with a choir :-|