Life by Joe Nichols (NintenJoe64)

jabond23

Well, i've had this album uploaded and ready for release for a while now, lol, but i figure its finally time. Its got 10 original tracks, a cover of Bad Romance by Lady GaGa, and FF7 Jenova remix. I spent the better part of about 4 months recording all this. Usually i pump out my music a lot faster than that, but i really wanted to take my time with this one. Of course, props go out to Cyril the Wolf for the vox on Always Wrong and Edward Dennis for the drawing out that awesome album cover. I suppose i should tell you that its a mix of hard rock/metal with a lot of orchestral and eletronic influences. Its all very catchy none-the-less. :)

I really hope you guys enjoy this album! :D

Its free, unless you really wanna pay me for it. hint HINT!!! :D Nah, just enjoy it. Click the album cover below for the album.

xmtmb6.jpg

Or click HERE if that doesn't work.

PS TELL EVERYONE ABOUT MY ALBUM PLEASE? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well as I expected) Awesome sound! Interesting sections! But some kind boring.. Metal core or something? I think so before "Olympus is Falling" starts! Then "Hero's Battle", then "final sunset"!! AWESOME!! And Cyril The Wolf :D Amazing! And you killed my brains when Lady Gaga appears:Dlool!! I never thought about pop's girls sounds in metal/rock/other stuff. KILLING BRAINS!! In goood way) Great job!!!! Waiting for more..

F#*k!! I wish I had Your sound and play guitar as You are!

Quality guitaring, but I would like to see more melodic bits and fewer thrash-fests. Not that there's anything wrong with that; I did that quite a bit when I still played guitar and it was AwWWwEsOOmmE! Point remains, though: vary up your style and approach to arrangement a bit to make each song sound different rather than a different scale to thrash around, but only if YOU want to. That's the magic of creative license!

The production could be a bit lacking. "Could" being the key word here; I can't tell if the frequency spectrum is just poorly balanced or if the guitar is just so super-duper wet at times that it stops contributing some essential frequencies, and the mix ends up sounding like a wash. Maybe try boosting the guitar EQ/gain at strategic frequencies and points in the song? This isn't the case all the time, but sometimes, I think the guitar could be a little drier, a little more cutting.

All in all, yay for you! It's not my style, at least not these days, but I do appreciate how difficult it can be to play some of those passages. You've got some metal in those fingers, boy. Keep being contrary to the man.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific about which songs and at what times I had my critiques. I have to leave for class in 5 minutes :(

Sorry I couldn't be more specific about which songs and at what times I had my critiques. I have to leave for class in 5 minutes :(

Yeah, most of those we're written/recorded around the same time, but a few of them we're done a lot earlier. I've noticed that i get slightly better each time i record a song. I suppose that's why its practice. :D

this is the first album from this community (non vg related) to get my

Damn out of 10

rating and man this album us the only hardrock/metal based album on my playlist :)

good stuff man!

I'm really glad you enjoyed this. :D Its nice to get some feedback on your works,. BTW, metal is ALWAYS on my playlist, lol. :)