Mega Man X - Armored Armadillo

L. Adam Bell

Hey, anyone. I'm surprised no one's done a mix of this track yet, given its ridiculously upbeat nature. Ideally, I think something jazzy would work well—heavy on the organ, perhaps. But y'know, whatever works for you. It'd really just be a treat for me to see this track given the OCR... er, treatment.

The original, for anyone who's never heard it:

And the Maverick Hunter X remixed version (really don't care for this one myself): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-5_bFGOlCI

Thanks!

No Armored Armadillo mixes yet, eh? I agree, it's a great track, so it's surprising it hasn't gotten any love on OCR, yet. I will inform you that there are two remixes in the works for that particular track that are going to be on the Maverick Rising album (one by The Overclocked Plaid Muffins and the other by DJP, himself). I haven't heard DJP's track, but let me tell you that the Overclocked Plaid Muffins' rendition of it is really, really good, so that's something to look forward to in the future, eh?

;-)

For all the great songs Mega Man X has, and for the sheer number of mega man fanboys the forum and the internet at large seem to have, there are criminally few X tracks on this site.

Heck I'm still waiting for a Sting Chameleon mix.

And in general, I don't care for ANY of the Maverick Hunter reduxes. They seem to have thought that "If we add a shitload of instruments at once, the songs will immediately sound better!"

It messed up Armadillo, REALLY messed up Sting Chameleon, and pretty much the whole soundtrack outside of a couple of tunes (like Sigma Palace 2 and Opening Highway).

(also the official art of the Mavericks in that game is reaaaaaaalllly gaaaaaaaaaay)