OCR02108 - Gran Turismo 3 A-spec "Lunar Dioxide"

djpretzel

The game attribution for a ReMix is based on the specific game the source track is from, not where the original version of the song was first used. The version of MotC this mix was based on was the "A-spec mix" version, per checking with Stevo.

Another example was http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01036/ - it was specifically based on the Super Turbo version of Boxer's theme, not the World Warrior version.

The game attribution for a ReMix is based on the specific game the source track is from, not where the original version of the song was first used. The version of MotC this mix was based on was the "A-spec mix" version, per checking with Stevo.

Another example was http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01036/ - it was specifically based on the Super Turbo version of Boxer's theme, not the World Warrior version.

I understand, but I don't really hear the GT3 version in this (not that there's much overall difference between the songs used in each game aside from different intros and outros anyway, but still). But, I guess I trust Stevo to know what he's doing. Sometimes.

Not familiar with the source, should I be? Meh, racing games were never my thing.

Right, music. And it's more Level 99, who sold me back on the FF5 project with his NIN-esque heroin shooting calbrena remix. Why did I bring that up? Because the intro to this really does remind me of a concept there, although that's probably a lack of sleep and excess of caffeine running through my veins.

Also peanut butter.

I liked it, nice interplay between the car samples and the guitar work, that was an unexpected surprise, and was quite fun to listen to. I can only think that it was fun to make!

This is where I would normally try and say something deep and meaningful here, but nothing is coming to mind, so... That'll do, pig. That'll do.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno what to think about the first 80 seconds of this remix. As an intro, I feel it is too long, and it's not like it's a breakdown or simply the first half of the song. Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad or anything, quite the opposite, but it sounds kinda tacked on.

Guitar shredding once the remix proper starts is very good. Nice breakdown at 3:11. Awesome climax at 4:00; really powerful.

The car sounds are corny as all hell, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Not familiar with the source, should I be? Meh, racing games were never my thing.

You might've never known it anyway, since it was never featured in any western release of the game until GT4 (and even then, half of it it was edited from the intro and relegated to hiding on the in-game BGM list). However, it's a

so good that even Japanese doujin arrangers Preludio, who otherwise stuck exclusively with Final Fantasy songs on their albums, couldn't resist doing their own version of it. Yes, so awesome that even Final Fantasy fanboys sat up and went, "damn."

• 1 year later...

The intro was nice, kinda like riding off into the sunset in a sweet racer, but then it rips back open with heavy guitars and incredible drum playing. In a way, I can see a similarity between this and Level 99's Wild Arms ReMix, going from lighter to rocking it out all to hell. Good use of car SFX. I'm glad you didn't over use those. Cool ending as well.

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02108 - Gran Turismo 3 A-spec "Lunar Dioxide"